Red DoTs in thid?

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Got spanked by 3 stealthers in thid today who were using red dots; how is that possible? or is my client bugged and lieing to me?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Funkybunny said:
cant ya let a lvl50 sb with 50 env poison the weapons with lifebane?

You need to be same level or higher to make enveom weapons proc.
So to proc a L40 poison - you need to be L40.
At least back when I played SB that was the case - could have been changed alltogether since then.

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
You need to be same level or higher to make enveom weapons proc
Cant be sure about higher level differences but I know you can make the level 25 DoT (minor lethal venom) proc when you are only level 24.

:)

Funkybunny

Banned
what im saying is: a lvl24 dude.. can give a lvl50 dude his weapons dude... then the lvl50 dude can like apply poison dude... and then give it back to like the lvl24 dude... and then like the lvl24 dude have lvl50 dudepoison on his weapon... duuuude...

Funkybunny

Banned
ok duuuuuuuuuuuude.. i get your point dude... its like... when a bee wont sting a fish coz its like.. the fish is THERE!

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
but dude how can a lvl 24 dude pop a lvl 25 poison when he has 20+5 envenom dude?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
At a guess because 20+5=25?

Give that man the Nobel prize for Mathamatics! This will revolutionise the way we add!! (and possibly subtract once various other mathamatician's have stolen the idea and fucked about with it for long enough)

To clarify though, I don't think there's a 'cap' on Envemon, atleast not in the same way as stealth where there is no benefit from going above your level. So if you had 24+5 you could use lvl29 posions.

Atleast I think thats how it works, correct me if i'm wrong i've never played a Shadowblade for longer than half an hour, and that was only on Gorre so I could watch fights without getting raped (50+16stealth+MoS5+Vanish fortehwinz0r ;))

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Yep....if you have 25 env...then get +5...you can use lvl 30 poison. At least i can on my infil. I have a seperate set of gloves with max env on just for such an occasion (applying poison to weps and twating peeps). Works well too. (o:

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
To clarify though, I don't think there's a 'cap' on Envemon, atleast not in the same way as stealth where there is no benefit from going above your level. So if you had 24+5 you could use lvl29 posions
Correct. Envenom is the only skill where the +5 bonus allows you to use things in that spec line that are above your own level. :)

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
A lvl 20 can proc a lvl50 Poison its just that he can't apply it. Envenom poisons aren't the same as procs.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, let me make something clear:

I've played 5 infils with 20+5 envenom on it, of course I know you can envenom your weapon with a lvl 25 dot if you have 20+5 envenom skill (so effective of 25 envenom)! But that wasn't my point.

My point:

Someone mentions you can't let a lvl 24 person proc a lvl 50 dot, even when it's applied by someone which has 50 envenom skill, because the guy is lvl 24 and he can only proc an envenom which is as high as his own level.

Now my question was:

How come a lvl 24 guy can proc a lvl 25 dot when he has 25 envenom skill? Lvl 25 dot > lvl 24 dude...So no, there is no such thing as "You can't let weapons proc with higher lvl envenom than your own lvl" cause you can if you have 20+5 envenom!

My conclusion:

You can use the lvl 50 dot in thid if you let your weapons get envenomed by someone with 50 envenom skill before entering thidranki.

Capish?

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Now my question was:

How come a lvl 24 guy can proc a lvl 25 dot when he has 25 envenom skill? Lvl 25 dot > lvl 24 dude...So no, there is no such thing as "You can't let weapons proc with higher lvl envenom than your own lvl" cause you can if you have 20+5 envenom!

My conclusion:

You can use the lvl 50 dot in thid if you let your weapons get envenomed by someone with 50 envenom skill before entering thidranki.

Capish?

I thought that u could only proc the same lvl envenom as u have lvl envenom... just like applying it... so if some1 was to proc u wit lvl 50 envenom it still would not work cause @ lvl 24 wit max envenom +5 u could still only proc lvl 29 envenoms... although this has now intrigued me... may have to find a lvl 50 to proc me infs weapons when take him thidr and smack a middie to see if it works.
**runs off to find a lvl 50 inf wit 50 envenom to proc his weapons**

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ok Lakashnik that is a possibility. It could be possible that it checks your envenom spec rather than your level, then it's true that you can't let a lvl 50 envenomed weapon proc in thid. But that it doesnt check your characters level to determine wether an envenomed weapon can be procced or not is a fact :)

I heard some stories about thid infils letting their weapons get envenomed by lvl 50 infils so it might be that there just isn't a check at all wether a weapon envenom will go off or not.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
GAh so far cant find any high lvl inf who will envenom my weps for me at all...
im trying any envenom above me env specc which atm is 15+5 cos i havent trained heh... but still not even a lvl 36 envenom inf wont do my weps... all gits on pryd ;) :wub: shall have to wait untill im lucky. unless any1 else wants to try it to.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
So, you want an infil to stick the lvl 50 poison (Lifebane) on a thid wep. Why??..if it is just to see the reaction of the other player when it goes off...fine. But, do you plan on having an envenom bot or something sat on the pad for everytime you want to apply poison??. Cos, you can use it once..then re-apply. So, kill one...port out..apply poison..port back...kill one..port out....rinse and repeat.

Seems a daft way of killing to me.

Funkybunny

Banned
coz it propably will kick ass to get lifebane on yer weapons. and if ya have like 10-20 weapons on ya... you can just switch weapons when youve used one pair :)

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine a normal bg1 day...

Imagine the 3fg nicely stacked sitting at mb..

Imagine a Hib/Mid stealther near them ... with AE-mezz proc on weps..

:D

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
coz it propably will kick ass to get lifebane on yer weapons. and if ya have like 10-20 weapons on ya... you can just switch weapons when youve used one pair :)

And what is the point of playing a lvl 24 stealther in thid then?

I admit, I'm sufficiently curious to see this in action just once, but to resort to having a lvl 50 infil toon regularly poisoning my weapons for Thid is someway beyond sad.

I hope this never catches on. Its bad enough with the buffbot debate, but this would be a whole new ballgame altogether. At least buffs from a lvl 24 Buffbot are something you could reasonably expect to get from a toon in Thid. Aoe Buffs on the pad, well there's not much you can do about that and at least they are only timed.

But a lvl 50 envenom bot. Yup. That would be sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom