Recruitment Interview

Gamah

Banned
So I have an interview for a Junior Recruitment consultant tomorrow, got my suit ready, reading up on what kind of client the company deals with etc..

Does anyone work in Recruitment here and have any tips or advice about the interview? Help Gamah make mega bucks today! :(

Cozak

Part of the furniture
be yourself, best advice I can think of. Might be different advice if I knew you :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Well thats Gamahs interview down the drain, w/o the B/s..

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
my mate is the ultimate bullshitter, he blinds people with bullshit then mugs them of their money.

He got a job making a website with php, he actually had no previous experience with php at all, so basically he went into the interview the guy clearly didn't know what he wanted so he just realed off some crap about SQL databases the poor guy believed he knew what he was talking about. So he's getting a grand for doing pretty much nothing while he steal code off free code websites and asks me for help integrating them all together :p I should ask for half of what he gets to be honest :eek:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
It depends on the type of interview they are going to conduct.
You may want to spend some time thinking of the questions they might be going to ask you.
Have some prepared answers/ examples for those questions.
Eat a mint before you go in to the interview.
Do not wear overpowering aftershave.
Be honest and open.
Try to relax.
Sit up straight. Do not figit.
Say what you want to say clearly and conceisly.
If after you give an answer there is a pause in the conversation DO NOT try to fill that pause with pointless waffle.
Make sure you remember the interviewers names when they introduce themselves and refer to them by their name when talking to them.
When the opertunity arrises then SMILE. Don't sit there and smile constantly like a loon but this demonstrates social skills and goes some way to proving your not a potential "clocktower sniper" in the making.

Oh and good luck :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
also dont tell you got banned from FH as thats never got help you :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom