Recruiting....

O

old.Hawklans

Am i completely out of it here or do you agree that going onto another clan server and advertising your clan is out of order?

We have had a couple of cases (xxx clan being the most annoying) where they come onto our server when its busy, and either start running scripts with thier own web site and recruiting stuff on our server or they start shouting out that they are looking for recuits....

In both cases (i wont mention the other clan) when i asked them politely not to do it they either insulted me or just told me to fuck off...

Ok so i kicked them, and apart from xxx they did not come back and repeat the process......

I just think this is crappy, rude and a pain.... i wouldnt think of doing it on another clans server.... after all we pay the money, there are plenty of public servers around to go onto and recruit....

or should i go stuff my head down the toilet as it was suggested?

A

Anduin

i agree with what your saying do admit to the fact we did it once (oops) but that was just our names wich happened to have recruiting in them and as soon as it was asked to stop it i belive we all did
What i would say is perhaps it isnt as bad if there is no clan from the clan who run the server in there but if the clan who own the server are in there then it shouldnt happen and once again soz guyz for having our names like that just a passing forgetfullenss ya know how it is

K

=KOH=Math

About recruiting...

U should absolutely not stuff your head down the toilet Hawklan;)

Imo, a clan should never recruit/advertize in another clan's server! It's not all about the money, it's also a matter of respect and decent behaviour. Recruiting should be done in public servers and there are plenty of servers 2 join and plenty of peeps 2 consider... lol

And it doesn't matter if u don't see a member from the hosting clan in the server, u will anyhow get the attention pretty fast. And maybe there are some clan members in the server after all, even if u don't see the tag?:rolleyes:

Anyone who has been acting as a recruiter in a clan, knows how valuable it can be 2 observe interested prospects in anynomity. I have rejected several peeps after playing with them under a fake nick, and seeing that some were all abusive, egocentric show-offs etc. One actually TK'ed me when he didn't get ammo (my bar was charging, told him so) and when I renamed with tag, he was all out of himself lol... Needless 2 say, he was never accepted:puke:

We have experienced the same recruiting/advertizing bs in our own server, and we choose the same approach as u Hawklan; asked them politely 2 quit the bs or get kicked. After a couple of small incidents, we have not been bothered that much, except one clan though, that actually tried to recruit members from =KOH= in our own server lol... :rolleyes:

O

old.Hawklans

Ah, good its seems others have the same opinion....

oh by the way BA were not the ones i was talking about mate.... yes i remember when that happened, i also remember that as soon as i mentioned it your guys stopped the scripts, and apologised..... which was totally cool and I have no problems with that at all....

And yes its all about respect and community. I think that most of the clans especially those who share a common league or ladder seem to have the right attitude.

Although personally i think that any recruiting should be done on public servers, whether our guys are on or not, i know that there will be times when someone will ask if any clans are recruiting, or they may ask you specifically when you are on our server, i have no objection to that at all....

and as always clans are more than welcome to invade our server whenever they want, we have had some great unarranged battles cos we got "invaded"!!

K

=KOH=Math

Originally posted by Hawklans
and as always clans are more than welcome to invade our server whenever they want, we have had some great unarranged battles cos we got "invaded"!!

Definitively agree on that :cool: it's always a pleasure 2 get "invaded" by other clans in our server, u can have a lot of good times then:p

O

old.Hawklans

think we might come over and invade your server soon then!

12mavatar

i advertise on publics only, unless the clan server i'm in is full of public ppl aswell as clan members (you know the clans who prey on public newbies and shout yohoo when they win and stuff ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom