Recording with Fraps and Vent

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
How do people record with Fraps and Vent, and get all voices included in the recording?

I'm not able to get my own voice show in the recording as I am recording what I hear. Is there some way to go around this?

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Heta said:
How do people record with Fraps and Vent, and get all voices included in the recording?

I'm not able to get my own voice show in the recording as I am recording what I hear. Is there some way to go around this?

Simply in frap's options choose to record sound as well. Then it'll record sound from all the devices u've chosen to play sound of in Window's "volume control" (i.e. all which u haven't chosen to be muted).

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yea, but as I said. I wont get my own voice then as I aint playing up my own voice in my own headphones

MaCaBr3

Banned
Thought you had to record seperately in vent and then sync them in a video editor.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
when recording in vent I only get som gay *.vrf format that I cant seem to find a converter for

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Thats realy not what I asked for tho, as VF's guide is how to record with a second PC, which is fairly easy to get all this working. I cant bother to keep a second PC next to me tho only to record with so I asked if it was possible to get it working with fraps.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
bump.

anyone got a solution for this and can write a quick guide how to get there? i have the opposite problem, i can only record my own voice. i would i go about getting vent to record every sound on my computer?

cmr

Banned
i used a program called phonostar on my bot pc to record all sound on that and ran ventrilo on that to listen only, google should find it

iziz

Loyal Freddie
Playback of your microphone is probably on mute.

Go to start -> settings -> control panel -> sounds and audio devices.
Under the volume tab, tick "place volume icon in the taskbar" and click ok.

A small speaker icon should now be on your taskbar ... double click it.
You will probably see that microphone or line in (depending on what type of mic you are using) is set to mute. Clear the check box for which ever applies to you.

Depending on what sound card you have, you will probably find the same controls under some utility from your sound card manufacturer.

There is a reason for this to be on by default. You will need to use a headset if you want to be able to hear the sound while you are recording ... or you will need a highly directional mic. Otherwise you will just get a feedback loop.

I haven't had much experience with vent, so it might be the case that vent automatically sets mic playback to mute when it loads up. If that is the case there may be an option in vent to stop that, or you will have to un-mute the mic again once vent is restarted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom