recommended duo? ;)

L

Lusse

So my wife finally decided to let EQ and DS go and try daoc with me :)

So im wondering what duo would be recommended. Gear shouldnt be a problem since i can just farm some cash with my pally. And Paladin and cleric are kind out of the question since I already have those chars.

So what would you recommend? Its not for efficient RvRing nor anything. Just to have fun.

Think a Merc and Friar would do fine? pump the ideas :)

C

Cronn

Well...

Minstral+Friar+anything=Killing machine.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Merc and a friar isnt such a good idea cos mercs only have chain... and you need the best defense you can get or the friar will be constantly healing instead of meleeing.

I (Armsman) often duo with a Friar friend and that works out great! you can take high orange mobs and have low downtime. Be sure that the Friar doesnt get agro for too long, cos leather armor is only 10% absorb.

O

old.Hendrick

NEVER underestimate a merc just because he wears chainmail. He will kill much faster than any armsman, which easily evens out the loss of protection.

As for the topic: I think almost anything could do, depending on your preferences really. Infiltrator/scout may be nice, but in a team of 2 a support person is of course a good addition as well. Fighter/minstrel, Fighter/healer, Fighter/caster all sound good to me. But in the end you better just choose what you would like to play and then find a nice guild to fill the missing spaces for a balanced group.

O

old.Zeikerd

2H pole armsmen would be cool.
Or minstrel + cleric.
Or 2 Cabalists (1 matter 1 body)
Or 2 Paladins (no pull method yet)

N

)nick(

RVR = Minstrel + Infiltrator
PVE = Everything except a Minstrel + Infiltrator

My GF plays a 47 minstrel and I'm a 45 infiltrator.

W

-Wedge-

Even two casters could be nice... 2 fire wizzies can take out orange with little to no downtime (at least in the early levels)...

A theurgie (earth) with a wizzie (any) could be nice too, the earth pets get agro, wizzie blows away...

P

- Pathfinder -

Ranger + Warden; stick to trees and you'll rock :p

D

Danya

wizzie / minstrel works well. Wiz kills things, minstrel keeps power up and handles adds. :)

O

old.Asarel

2xFriar, one rejuv spec one enhance, both full staff.... wheeoo rawk! :D

.... no pulling ability though, have to find single mobs... then bash them into oblivion with the massive quarterstaffs :p

C

c0ngo

Minst + Cleric is by far the best duo for lvling.

Power Song, healing, mezing, buffs, stuns and dd shouts/smites to do the killing.

Both are chain wearers to so they can melee a bit if they have to.

Having the healing from the Cleric + Minsts power song gives really low dt as well.

Edit

Just noticed you said no Clerics so do 2 Minsts then nice for lvling (use power song and the crappy healing one 2 reduce dt when lvling) and as a duo and u can speed or stealth about together in RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom