Rebuffing bladeturn (1.68)

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
"You already have that effect"... that's the message you get when you try to rebuff bladeturn since patch 1.68. Where is the logic in this?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Before if you wanted you could cast-drop-cast-drop - kind of like the way you can spam group BT - to refresh the bubble at a minimal power cost.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
I see, but I dont see why self bladeturn should be changed this way too. Casters rebuff self bt all the time. Now we have to cancel bt everytime we rebuff?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I always thought caster self bladeturn lasted 65533 minutes (or something like this)? So why would you try to recast bladeturn? I can be wrong tho...

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
It lasts 10 mins. You usually just rebuff yourself. I think that it's just another bug really.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Usually takes me 3-4 goes to get self bt back up after being hit with pbt running by someone else in group which is just plain stupid.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I suppose that this is another case of people thinking up 'nerfs'/fixes while not having actually played the class.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Daedalus said:
It lasts 10 mins. You usually just rebuff yourself. I think that it's just another bug really.
Runemaster, Theurgist and Warden BT doesn't have a timer. All the other's have 20 min timer afaik..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Zebolt said:
Runemaster, Theurgist and Warden BT doesn't have a timer. All the other's have 20 min timer afaik..

Yup

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Its cause they got to spec it to get, the others get it on freebie baseline ;o

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
I suppose that this is another case of people thinking up 'nerfs'/fixes while not having actually played the class.

Haha..... hahaha, ye ok! :cheers:

fyi, Shafu is a 3.2millon RP Spiritmaster.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
In related news, it seems I can't cast my self-bt when I have pbt in my group ("you already have that effect") and the pbt overwrites my self-bt. What is the logic of this, given that AFAIK archers were given an ability to penetrate all bt:s not casted by yourself?

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
In related news, it seems I can't cast my self-bt when I have pbt in my group ("you already have that effect") and the pbt overwrites my self-bt. What is the logic of this, given that AFAIK archers were given an ability to penetrate all bt:s not casted by yourself?
This was supposed to be fixed in the patch when the archers got RF and PA but it didn't. This is actually very annoying indeed, don't know if it's Mythic's or GOA's fault tho.. Does it work in the US?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zebolt said:
This was supposed to be fixed in the patch when the archers got RF and PA but it didn't. This is actually very annoying indeed, don't know if it's Mythic's or GOA's fault tho.. Does it work in the US?

it was fixed then they broke it again I guess...

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
its fffffcking annoying when u gotta cancel ur bt when ur rebuffing to make a new one :x

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
Haha..... hahaha, ye ok! :cheers:

fyi, Shafu is a 3.2millon RP Spiritmaster.

So Shafu is a Mythic person?
As it is them that think up the nerf.

Not some random zerger from excal :p

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
Aye, you're right. It's definatly not 10 minutes, PoT is 10 minutes.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Logged on my little Animist after 1.68 and the self bladeturn has become permanent. Haven't checked out my cabby yet.

Ghost

Fledgling Freddie
On my spiritmaster its duration is 10 or 20 minutes, cant remeber wich of now, but really annoying that they remade the bladeturn, when you rebuff you want to do all 3 buffs, and i know i cant remeber to cancel my bt before i put out a new one

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
the best way to spam bt for the grp is 10 sec pbt spam, as it takes the least mana (normal grp bt = 12%, 10sec pbt = 26 mana(not %)) and you can stop the spam, and the group is left with pbt..... you could get 2 sec pbt this way (+10% cast, mota 5, cap dex)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Thegreatest said:
I always thought caster self bladeturn lasted 65533 minutes (or something like this)? So why would you try to recast bladeturn? I can be wrong tho...

only runie theurg and warden self bt last until they are broken, all the rest last 10 mins :p

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
only runie theurg and warden self bt last until they are broken, all the rest last 10 mins :p

As I said, when I logged on my little Animist, the self bladeturn is now marked as permanent. Logged on Cabby tonight and its 20 mins. Checked Camelot Herald and it confirms this for both these classes.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
You don't read all posts do you? :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oro said:
As I said, when I logged on my little Animist, the self bladeturn is now marked as permanent. Logged on Cabby tonight and its 20 mins. Checked Camelot Herald and it confirms this for both these classes.

animist BT have been permanent since that class came out fyi :)

atleast it was for mine :)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
animist BT have been permanent since that class came out fyi :)

atleast it was for mine :)

Could well be, I never bothered to look before. The way I play, bladeturn is something that never lasts more than a couple of pulls anyway :D

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Teren said:
the best way to spam bt for the grp is 10 sec pbt spam, as it takes the least mana (normal grp bt = 12%, 10sec pbt = 26 mana(not %)) and you can stop the spam, and the group is left with pbt..... you could get 2 sec pbt this way (+10% cast, mota 5, cap dex)

u cant do that any more :)

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
yes i can :p im doing it everyday, infact, i even seen what happens to a good grp after i left.... 2 wipes and all log :p
and yesterday it was even better, we had fop, i just jammed my pbt key and went afk ^^

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Shafu said:
"You already have that effect"... that's the message you get when you try to rebuff bladeturn since patch 1.68. Where is the logic in this?
No logic. Just shit programming and QA, what did you expect, bug free DaoC? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom