Reavers using swords

B

bobble

Been reading alot of different reaver spec, but all suggesting flex weapons. Is there not one single good slash weapons spec? Like: 50 soul, 44 slash 30 shield and 22 parry or something, just anything without the whip :)

L

loxleyhood

I have a Reaver Sidi Slasher for sale to anyone who wants it. :)

A

Apathy

You want to be...a Reavadin!

29 slash
42 shield
50 soulrending
26 parry

a.

W

Wardevil

Ah god slash spec is :

44Slash
42Shield
42Soulrendering
18Parry

Thats how im gonna spec my reaver :)

F

Flimgoblin

I vagaely remember looking at the growth rates for the flex weapon styles.... and thought that the only reason to use slash on a reaver is for amethyst.

Apart from the anytime style every single flex reactive and positional is WAY better than the basic weapon skills, just in growth rate - that's not even counting the procs.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Apathy

29 slash
42 shield
50 soulrending
26 parry

a.

Go to your lectures!!

B

benedictines

Originally posted by Apathy

29 slash
42 shield
50 soulrending
26 parry

a.

Ebay your text books and come back !

P

Pin

Yes there are (many) valid Slash Reaver specs. I'd prefer a Slash template if I wanted to play the Reaver defensively (as a guard, running dps debuff and castrating Savages).

As Flim said above, if playing to actually kill stuff, the only thing that the Slash line has going for it is Amethyst Slash (anytime with a huge to-hit bonus), in terms of damage Flex wins hands-down - and no, this is not only Leviathan - all styles in the block and parry line hit very hard, as does the side-chain and both rear positionals. The anytime (taunt) is still okay compared to most taunts, but pales when compared to the chains.

Good templates? Errrr... Depends how you want to play. A Reaver is amazingly versatile in how you spec.

Slash to 50, 44, 39, 29, whatever.
Soul to 50, 45, 41, 36, 29, etc..
Shield to 50, 42, 35, 29, 23, you get the idea...

B

bobble

ah thank you all, going to play my reaver as a defender with a SWORD, 50 soul and 42 sheild
but then I started to think <bah> isnt it more effective going like 25 shield and 25 parry which is 25% chance? saving specpoints that is or? 42 + 8 cost alot more I guess so if I go 25+25 I can put more points on slash, but like I said I dont know much about the subject

M

Merl

Originally posted by bobble
ah thank you all, going to play my reaver as a defender with a SWORD, 50 soul and 42 sheild
but then I started to think <bah> isnt it more effective going like 25 shield and 25 parry which is 25% chance? saving specpoints that is or? 42 + 8 cost alot more I guess so if I go 25+25 I can put more points on slash, but like I said I dont know much about the subject

with only 25 shield u miss out on slam (9 sec anytime stun style)

S

Sohan_THC

Im a sword reaver all my live :clap:

Trained it to 50 with thrust. wich was fun on mobs
evade works when you have good dex buffs.
but more importand you get free 77 points from autotrain
in slash.

Then after some dwagon / sidi raids i had a respec stone
and respec to full slash.

so my today spec is :

50 slash
42 shield
36 soul
20 parry.

I had master of block / parry but had a free realm respec from a patch orso so now back to ip / purge getting master of block / parry later on again.

and i like my reaver very much in rvr. debuff aoe is great.
and the dot / dd for running lurrie's , damm critters are still fast :D

P

Pin

Originally posted by bobble

Parry is basically useless except for duels and PvE. If you are playing as a defensive tank, it's the person you are guarding that ie being attacked, not you - and for that, you need high shield (at least 42), not just for the guard, but also for the long-duration stuns (mainly Slam).

W

Waok

Do something else with what you spend in soul,
imo there is no need to spec higher, it's crap.

Just saying don't bother with 50, its utter pants.

Maybe if your really wanting it, 50 slash 42 shield 36 soul.

K

Kagato.

Any shield dependant class without slam is going to have problems. You should build your spec around 42 shield, not without it.

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by Kagato.
Any shield dependant class without slam is going to have problems. You should build your spec around 42 shield, not without it.

Not entirely true for reavers - some of the flex styles (you know which one I mean) are sufficiently good that a reaver can take the damage dealer role normally occupied by dual wielders and offensive tanks, and there 50 Soulrending will pay of as well as slam does (especially if the high Soulrending spec gets some loving, which is apparently being looked at).

The slash reaver doesn't have that option though - one slash weapon just isn't going to compare with a merc's damage output, so you might as well make the most of having a shield and spec for slam. I'd either go 39 slash, 42 shield, 50 SR (slam plus the best soulrending) or 39 slash, 50 shield 41 SR (ultimate defence plus very respectable SR).

Personally, I prefer flex - it lets you really make something of the stun time in a one on one fight, but that's a personal choice - as has been pointed out, there are a lot of ways of speccing a reaver that work well in the right player's hands.

S

Sohan_THC

old.Kian in pve flex is great.
but in rvr how many times you get on the back of a hib or mid.
i throw myself in as caster protector not the main dmg maker
got a 2 hander for that, but to protect healer or casters is kinda diff but great. debuff and slamm while caster assist you.
it works. but with flex to slamm and get on his back , dunno never got the hang of it. depends on playstyle i guess cause on the ranking all are flex , but place 9 overall with sword aint that bad :cool:

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by Sohan_THC

Well, no Emain experience with my reaver yet... but all the times I've taken my BM out to RvR, I've found myself staring at troll ass more often than any other aspect on a target :) And I've certainly landed positional styles during the fights I've got caught up in while in DF.

Like I said, it's personal playstyle - I've never had a problem with position and reaction styles, I guess a solid connection and fast PC more than make up for my decrepit, aged reflexes :) For people who can't or don't want to go down that route the anytimes in slash are pretty serviceable.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Sohan_THC

Errr. In fg fights, 95% of combat rounds I'm landing leviathan. Rear positionals are the easiest things in the world to land, whether or not the target is stunned.

In skirmish RvR I've either got someone hitting me (and can choose slam, or land block/parry chains), or I can hit someone from behind who's attacking my duo partner (and cross-guard, etc) and 2/3-shot them.

The only times I have problems landing positionals at will is in heavy lag, or if a target is spinning like mad.

P

Pin

Originally posted by sigh
why bother with parry?

Parry reactionary chain in flex is 0.9, 0.92, 1.15 growth rates with the 3rd having a 9sec stun - uses very low endurance, etc. So, it's great in 1v1 (though the stun is a bit of overkill really, done 1100 damage from the 3 hits anyway ;))

And parry > DW...

But other than that, it's useless :p

B

bobble

this is great guys, think I will go for 50 soul, 42 shield, 39 slash, sounds really good, wheeeee

W

wolfofslaughter

i thought only flex autotrains on a reaver ... do slash and thrust autotrain too eh?

P

Pin

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
i thought only flex autotrains on a reaver ... do slash and thrust autotrain too eh?

Flex and Slash.

A

Aussie-

REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK REAVERS SUCK

MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS MAKE MERCS

P

Pin

Originally posted by Aussie-
REAVERS SUCK

If Reavers had Det they'd be >>>>>>>>>> any other Albion tank.

Currently there are better options for an RvR group.

Originally posted by Aussie-
MAKE MERCS

I am going to :p (sometime after Sorc and Minstrel)

P

Pin

PS.

SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK SCOUTS SUCK

MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS MAKE CLERICS

;)

S

sigh

Originally posted by Pin
Parry reactionary chain in flex is 0.9, 0.92, 1.15 growth rates with the 3rd having a 9sec stun - uses very low endurance, etc. So, it's great in 1v1 (though the stun is a bit of overkill really, done 1100 damage from the 3 hits anyway ;))

And parry > DW...

But other than that, it's useless :p

thought we where talking slash not flex, and if your getting hit then it should be from behide as your chasing surport.

edit# plz dont say reavers dont get groups as an arguement.

Users who are viewing this thread