Reavers not wanted?

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
Whats going on these days, doesnt ANYONE want reavers in FG RvR anymore?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
no bugger wants no bugger, only rr5,000 get groups, or set groups

less selfishness in rvr please!

Tilda

I'd group you :D :wub:

becareful you don't group with Kairamar cause if your not ml9 he'll kick you! :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
no bugger wants no bugger, only rr5,000 get groups, or set groups

less selfishness in rvr please!

for some reason i never have any problems getting grps on my merc an i just dinget rr5 last week :) just spam alot so ppl know your name!! :p

but i was also born leet :(

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
for some reason i never have any problems getting grps on my merc an i just dinget rr5 last week :) just spam alot so ppl know your name!! :p

but i was also born leet :(

mercs are wanted

Thadius

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
mercs are wanted

Hmm, maybe they dont want reavers any more?

Happened with Armsmen(dunno if it still does), Wizards

The game goes through fazes, I remember a time when most groups wouldnt run without at least you ml9+ reaver

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
becareful you don't group with Kairamar cause if your not ml9 he'll kick you! :p

it was prolly cos u suck tilda, they were just being kind.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
on reavers, well i lvld one and had high hopes but having faced a few in rvr on my champ i must say thier fg dmg is laughable tbh. and thier only 1500 range interrupt is a dot which gives free cc immunity, so possibly some unused mp chain for sale ;/

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
on reavers, well i lvld one and had high hopes but having faced a few in rvr on my champ i must say thier fg dmg is laughable tbh. and thier only 1500 range interrupt is a dot which gives free cc immunity, so possibly some unused mp chain for sale ;/

Think they lost thier appeal when bomb got nerfed :p

Tilda

hardly nerfed, just less op'ed :p
ran bomb grp tonight, killed 3fg easily outside DC...

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
'Cos your shit & there are no good reavers playing anymore - Pin, Samal, NP, Skil and dare I say Tilda - Most all quit 2 1/2 years ago when dps/abs was nerfed - Players who defined the class and played it with grace and skill, nowadays everyones a TWF monkey, nobody see's the potential the class has, your just a slam bot with a few tools that have no huge effect on casters or tank groups anymore and you can only afford to fully spec decent things when your rr9+.

Also, it's the fact that reavers get alot of tools which effectively, are just less powerful versions of procs and debuffs that everyone gets nowadays - You may aswell roll a mercenary, atleast they do damage in addition to being great at interupting, they have access to all the nice tools and positionals, a few problems with growth rates and to-hit bonuses though but in comparison, all a reaver does is slow groups down, they won't ever win them like mercs can potentially still be capable of doing, especially since essence boost of timers and buffs.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

It's not completly useless. A lot can be done with it, like a penis - Experiment.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Varna said:
'Cos your shit ... And some other bla bla bla..

You ever grp'd LD? He's not a twf monkey, but a great tool to have in your grp and I enjoy it every time I grp with him!

Some random reaver < Lookdaddy any given sunday

:england:

Martok

Part of the furniture
Hay reavers are great if you get the ones who know how to play the class in fg vs fg and in zerg warfare!

Lookdaddy, wisteria are the only two i group with these days as i know they can play their class to its full potental in both the above situations they maybe gimps but hay i still wub them :fluffle:

reavers can still have the same effect they used to have it just takes a good player to acheive it!

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
reavers can still have the same effect they used to have it just takes a good player to acheive it!

Your wrong, they used to be so much better. I'm not surprised either, they're aren't many active reavers now, it's not like you have a wide variety to choose from.

CorNokZ said:
You ever grp'd LD? He's not a twf monkey, but a great tool to have in your grp and I enjoy it every time I grp with him!

Some random reaver < Lookdaddy any given sunday

Unfortunately I have.

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
Varna said:
Your wrong, they used to be so much better. I'm not surprised either, they're aren't many active reavers now, it's not like you have a wide variety to choose from.

Varna said:
Unfortunately I have.

I'm sure the number of active reavers will increase now.

A lot of people are very good at telling others how useless their chars are, and then they whine when there's not enough people in the frontiers.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Stop listening to others and play the class you want to play. I've never listened to people saying this or that class wont give you anything good. Follow your own rules, do whatever you want and try have fun. It's feels much better in the end.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
it was prolly cos u suck tilda, they were just being kind.

tilda gave me a 20% warning for this post, for "mod baiting" ...

we'll see what your boss has to say about that.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I do have a lot of problems getting pickup grps now but at least I have a gg to fall back on :)

Yeah, it's getting harder and harder to get a grp which basically leaves 2 options...

a) Take the Xrystofer route and go solo
b) roll a back up alt... (I rolled a theurg)

A lot of the class tweaks and new toys given to the other classes do make them more desirable and hence erodes our usefullness, even so, there are situations where the reaver remains unsurpassed...

Just find a group of people who know how to use these abilities to your advantage...

It sucks and we all know it but every class in game has their time in the sun, I think ours is passing :(

Zede

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
tilda gave me a 20% warning for this post, for "mod baiting" ...

we'll see what your boss has to say about that.

Sorry Konah, my fault tbh.

he was well pissed cause i kicked him from the special caba grp for not being ml9, you got the brunt of his pissed-off-ness.

sad that a mod should let out his fustration on you, over an event you had nowt to do with.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Hmm, maybe they dont want reavers any more?

Happened with Armsmen(dunno if it still does), Wizards

The game goes through fazes, I remember a time when most groups wouldnt run without at least you ml9+ reaver

well, reaver bomb still one of the best interrupturs in game.. im makin reaver now and if peeps dont want me in grp sod of hehe, we make rvr grp in guild just to have some fun. not be the best

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
I'd group you :D :wub:

Well i still think kairamar is sexy so i think u shouldn change ur oppinion :D

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
LD is the best reaver I've played with and was always a massive benefit to the groups. He's much much more than a TWF merchant (although hearing him on vent when he knows his imminent TWF will be most effective is hysterical).

I think Reavers are very versatile, great as part of the assist train or in suppression when played right, they certainly have the ability to turn a defeat into a victory more easily than a Merc.

As far as I can see they only suffer 3 things, that spots in an Alb group are hard to justify as Albs often try and get as much utility in the group as possible and the Reaver just brings alternate dmg and suppression; that they don't get stoicism and
finally the RA set is either group based or solo based - so unless they have a regular group they are often swapping RAs.

Marc

FH is my second home
Varna said:
Unfortunately I have.

I dont particulary remember you setting the world alight on your reaver. As for the names you mentioned, only Pin stands out, but he was the Ronaldinho of DAoC anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom