Reavers hit like little girls?

G

granny

Been leveling a reaver for the last week or so, got her to lvl 38 now. Current spec is SR 38, Flex 30, Shield & Parry 15 each. Now I do quite like the character, she's fun, nice having a mix of spells & styles (even though the flex styles are kinda broken) but she hits like a small child using a rubber sword.

On yellows, buffed and without styles I hit for 30-50. If I get styles off I can hit for up to 100 if I'm lucky - and in group fighting there's few styles I can use since most of the decent ones chain off of block or parry and I simply don't do enough damage to hold agro (blessing, rogue hp's heh). Weapons are both yellow to me at lvl 38 and I switch between blunt/slash according to what I'm fighting.

Just seems very very low damage to me, wondering if it's something I've done wrong or if any other reavers have noticed this?

J

Jamagei

Here's a crazy idea, if all your styles from flex chain off of a block or a parry, perhaps you should raise these a little to help you out...

imo (for what it is worth, which probably isn't alot seeming as my reaver is just a baby) your soul-rending is too high, flex a little too low as is your shield...

but like I said, I only have a baby reaver.

G

granny

Well, i'm considering respeccing at 40 to drop parry completely and dump all the spare points into shield since some people have told me that equal speccing of shield & parry cancel each other out to some extent - although I get conflicting information from different people so I'm going to do more research on that before any respeccing.

That's not the issue though. When I'm soloing I get plenty of blocks & parries in and can do the chained styles and thus tend to hit for around 100 a time. When I'm in a group I tend not to have agro and therefore block & parry far less often 'cos the mob is chewing on someone else so I use the positional styles.

The issue is the low damage overall. I think 100 per hit with styles or 30-50 per hit without styles is very low and seems to compare with other classes very badly. I don't have a lot of experience with other classes though so I'm wondering if other people feel this is low or if this is an acceptable amount of damage to be doing at this kind of level.

V

vestax

1 word.. Indigosnake :p

With that style i hit yellows for ~200 and purples for ~110

As for flex being broken.. its all about utility, in exchange for having no decent anytime styles we get,

4 style combo off a block which does massive damage and inc's a small stun - easy to get off with an engage

Indigosnake - On my 33 Reaver this does around 180-210 damage on yellows and heals me for around 80-100 hits. But its side postional..

4 style combo off a parry - i dont parry much so i dont use this :p

Asp - Back Position style that has 300 range, not great damage but i found this very useful in BG when chasing after casters :)

Oh.. and Levithane.. i seen screenshots of this doing 800+ damage... 300 basic style damage, 350 nuke proc damage which is 100% unless resisted, and throw in any crits/weapon procs/Arawn procs :p ... must...get...slam cos its a Back Position style.

As for soloing yellows..

1) pull with DoT
2) move around about to clear the combat timer
3) engage
4) after block use Viper chain (usually gets them to 40% health after 3 hits from this chain)
5) swing at the mob unstyled and finish off with lifedrain and your at 100% health :D

Thats how i solo with zero downtime.

G

granny

Vestax I use indigosnake almost exclusively in groups but I do less than half that damage :( I have no idea what's wrong but clearly something is. The weapons I use are both drops, 89% qual and I try and keep tham at 100% con, not sure of DPS off the top of my head, I'll check when I get home later on today.

Any other reasons why I could be doing such low damage?

Oh and yeah, that's the exact same soloing method I use :)

L

liste

well, youre a hybrid tank, which means hits like a wet noodle, and hit points like a paladin. reaver has alot of utilities to use, and if you use all of em, youre quite a hot shot ;p

G

granny

Uh-huh, yup, agreed. Except I thought Paladins have fighter hp? Reavers use rogue hp.

Still doesn't explain why I do half the damage of other reavers though... especially ones 5 levels lower than me :/

O

old.Sko

Fact is hybrid/rogues have to max weapon spec to do decent damage. Try to get +8 flex on items, certanly situation would improve.

V

vestax

Use crafted weapons, 89% quality is really sucky.. try and get some 95-99% 4.0 speed weapons made (war chain is 4.2). Also get them procced for a bit of extra damage.

And as for hitting a like a wet noodle.. so far i have dueled 2 orange frairs and 2 orange paladins and won all fights :p

G

granny

Sko - i've got +6 flex from items so far and will be fully flex specced when I hit 40.

Vestax - could be just that yeah. Will have to spend a few days trying to find a weaponcrafter & sc'er who're willing to make me summat then :) Alb/Pryd crafters suck, 99% of them won't lift a finger unless you're in their guild :(

O

old.windforce

Granny,

i can spellcraft your stuff

i do single items for free if you get the materials, give me the gem names and bring the materials to me (no retrys included in this offer)

as for crafting only for guild: sure they sponsered me so they are the only ones with right to claim my valuable time. Crafting for a profit? LOL. no1 is prepared to pay the price.

I am making gems for 1 suit (for my armsbabe) and it took me 4 hours allready to make 99% gems for 8 items. i can farm a plat in df in 2,5 hour (using 2 characters at the same time in a moderate group). No1 is going to pay 2 plat (ex materials) to get thei suit sced

don't tell crafters suck. they are being abused by ppl who don't wanna invest 13 plat and 8 days ingame to become legendary master and expect them not making a profit.

There is a reason a lot of LMs stopped taking orders

D

Danya

Originally posted by granny
Uh-huh, yup, agreed. Except I thought Paladins have fighter hp? Reavers use rogue hp.

Still doesn't explain why I do half the damage of other reavers though... especially ones 5 levels lower than me :/
Paladins and rogues are both hybrid hp table, paladins gain con with levels which makes people think they have a better hp table than they do. :p

P

Pinvan

jsut to note that vestax's indigosnakes dmg include procs =P

G

granny

windforce - superb man, I'll track you down soon as I've got a weapon worthy of sc'ing. I'll happily pay you for your time too :)

Now, any weaponcrafters out there able to make me a couple of 98-99% flexible weapons suitable for a lvl 40?

O

old.windforce

olezdad is the one you should be looking for

V

vestax

yeah but the proc is 100% unless resisted Pinny, thats why i didnt include it :p

P

Pinvan

vestax sucks...he hits like a girl anyway so :m00:

M

mabs0r

Originally posted by granny
but she hits like a small child using a rubber sword.

that depends on part on speed of the weap tho ;)
i hit like a girl but with very low weap speed it not the hit that matters so much as the damage/time ratio :p

C

cHodAX

I just started my reaver, level 8 so far and enjoying it. I would never have thought of using engage to force a block hence starting a chain, that is genius :) Atm I am speccing full Flex and Soul, where should I be putting the remaining points? Shield? Also is autotraining flex really worthwhile or will I be a gimp for 40 levels?

M

Meatballs

you cant autotrain flex if you've put points into it :eek: well you can i guess just miss out on the first few points and have lotsa wasted points for 15 levels :\

P

Pinvan

I just started my reaver, level 8 so far and enjoying it. I would never have thought of using engage to force a block hence starting a chain, that is genius Atm I am speccing full Flex and Soul, where should I be putting the remaining points? Shield? Also is autotraining flex really worthwhile or will I be a gimp for 40 levels?

papa chooooo, im speccin -1 lvl in flex and soul, dumping rest in shield, at 50 will be 50/50/23/17, dont need slam, vesty's goin 42 shield so i dont need it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread