Reaver

C

~Clarky~

un-autotrained , i think a decent spec is ~

50flex/42sheild/36soul rest parry , with auto training , i believe you can go 50flex/42sheild/41soul though ..

W

Waok

50 flex, 42 shield, 36 soul un-autotrained is best for defence purposes, and you will do your block chains lots, cruicial to have high shield if your wanting todo cobra, 158 lifetap +200 +.. on a red/orange.. *i think* very very good for soloing.

ATM im 50+12 flex, 42+10 shield, 36+9 soul.

I'm respeccing to 50 Flex, 50 Soul next patch.. or if i get a stone ;p

Reason is, imo everyone has slam, paladins, arms, scouts and all the other classes who are able to spec high in shield normally will due to slam.

I don't think slam is what its all cracked upto be anyway, and aslong as your grouped with a paladin, or another class who will take aggro well, then your just a add who's doing leviathan, and if u do plan on soloing, ensure you have a few defencive ra's, to make up for the loss in shield spec.

In rvr, well, your defence wont be high, but your going tobe using leviathian which is a back move anyway.. and normally they run when they see a reaver who has a whip, cos they know whats coming ;)

50 flex 50 soul your a pve monster :>

B

belth

I'd go 50 flex/35 shield/47 sr/6 parry with full auto, just to be a bit different :p Back and side-positional shield stuns give enough time to go behind for Levi. Not sure how it works in reality ofc, haven't played a 50 shield-user.

O

old.Kian

The two classic flex reaver specs are 50 flex/36 SR/ 42 shield for slam, or 50 flex/50 SR for max offence. Both have their adgerents - which suggests they're both quite workable. Personally, I'm aiming towards the slam spec.

There's a minority of reavers who went for slash instead of flex as their weapon choice - some people want dependable anytime styles, while flex is very powerful but depends on positionals and reactions. For those guys, 39 slash/ 50 SR/ 42 shield seems to work.

S

Sohan_THC

Can even go more wicked like me tho.
Thrust 39 , soul 45 , shield 42 , parry 22

Dmg output is not that high but stunn hit after block
works great on reaver.
So you work youre way to 50 then respec and use the free +12 on either slahs or flex ;)

C

~Clarky~

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
Can even go more wicked like me tho.
Thrust 39 , soul 45 , shield 42 , parry 22

hmm , me like - gonna try a couple of reavers in 1.62 , that template deffo gonna be one of them :)

T

Trubble

With modern resists, high level of SR doesnt reall scale well. You will only be doing mediocre to low damage with it.

If you intention is just interrupt etc, you might as well just stop at 36 SR, where you will still have access to the low level AE dd aura that costs almost no power, meaning you can run around and interrupt or sweeping for stealthers for a long time.

You allways have shield equipped, would be natural to get 42 shield imo. Also you will guard much better.

I would think 50 flex, 42 shield, 36 SR is the way to go for a good group reaver. You get good offence if you are supporting another tank with your positional styles. You have good guard, and you have 2nd best debuff auras which are good enough.

If you want to solo you should drop flex and get slash/thrust instead. Maybe then you dont need to go 50 in weapon but you will still need to go pretty high as hybrids have poor weaponskill. A good solo spec could be: 42 shield, 43 slash, 47 SR.

The mythic development team have acknowledged that SR doesnt scale too well, so in fact that might get fixed. But for euro server that will prob be 2004...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom