Reaver specs ?

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
I'm toying with the idea of making a semi-fotm reaver - and was wondering if people thought the following spec is rvr viable ?

50 shield
50 Soul Rendering
29 slash (requires minor autotraining in slash to achieve)
Battlemaster ML line (for bodyguard)

The two level 50 Soul spells look like they might be worth getting (128.5 instant lifetap with 90% health returned, and 43.8 pbaoe pulse).

Obviously without any parry and low output damage duel wielders are going to take you appart but hopefully the higher spec lifedrain partially compensates, and the shield should help guard a caster every so often while still being able to damage nearby opponents with magic.

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
The low damage will make a Big difference in your effectiveness in rvr:

I think the best reaver spec is:

42 Shiel - Slam
50 Flex - Levi
30 odd Soulrendering - Yellow spells
and i think u can get 16 parry to.

But tbh its your choice

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Shield Reaver with 50 Flex is the way to go (personally I prefer 42 shield), Soulrending doesn't scale anywhere near as well as it should at higher levels sadly and the mid 30's in Soulrending is still reasonably effective when you consider the amount of points you save for other lines. Personally I think a Reaver is all about damage whilst being defensively strong and going to 50 in Soulrending seriously compromises either your damage output or your defensive ability.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Oh well - thanks for the input guys. :cheers:

3 negative responses to 50 soul <crosses off reaver as next possible class>.

Bah why can't I have a holy Inconnu Paladin? They ought to take a leaf out of EQ2's book and allow any race to be any class - and penalise the "non-best-suited" races with suitable stat penalties (which they have already done). If I want a half-ogre ranger - let me have a half-ogre ranger - the low dex will be a suitable penalty for unusual class choice.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I like my lil Innocu characters, prefer Lurikeen's though ;)

Vaskez_TheCleric

Fledgling Freddie
think better spec for reaver at rvr not for mass exp isnt like 42 shield but smt like that :
50 Flex cause need leviathan for sure
50 Soul FTW !
rest at Shield about 30 or so
no many blocks but with 50 Souldering drain owns

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
that spec would be rather gimped :p if u plan on being a BG bot, then i guess that is the best spec to choose but u wont be using the DD aura remember and the lvl 36 tap hits for around 100, and the lvl 50 tap hits for 170 or so (with half decent resist) so really isnt worth it for 70 more damage, dd aura is just for stealthers, SR is really only a line of interrupts and stealth removal tools

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mikah75 said:
:worthy: true true luris are god

Well to be honest it is the lil lady luris I prefer, they have such nice breasts.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Banelord, 50 Flex, 50 SR is what I use.

You can stand still and BG someone or you can run into a group and wipe them with Banelord bomb and RR5 ability, especially when grouped with 1-2 Mercs.

As far as I know Levi procc damage is based on SR skill.

Blocking vs. multiple opponents is not as good as blocking in PvE, your chances are vastly reduced. Paladin with high AF and plate is the better choice.

In my opinion the strength of a Reaver is the double bomb, TWF and the interrupts and not Slam + Levi. I'd utilize that. A lot of people run away from you anyway and you can use Levi or you can rely on Cleric/Paladin stun/slam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom