reaver specs

Funkybunny

Banned
thought i might start alb-excal... and.. what is a good reaver spec?

ive been checking it out a bit.. and i have a few pointers.. but what is a good cookiecutterspec... starting at lvl 20... want to play some in bg first.. so a good lvl 24 spec would be excellent... :)

Night

Fledgling Freddie
most popular reaver spec at 50 is 50 flex, 42 shield and 36 sr, idea is to slam a target, abs debuff them and run behind and levi. Works quite well :D

Dont know much about bg...think you get indigo snake at lvl 18 and that would be nice, if you get a block and do Viper and side step to do the side chain. But would be very helpful to you, if you kept SR at lvl to lvl 36.

and welcome to Hardmode :flame:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
if ur running in grps u wanna go 50flex 42shield 41sr rest parry, solo/small skale rvr/pve wuld be 50flex 42shield 36sr and rest parry.

Tilda

Indigo is very very nice in lvl 24 BG.
High SR is also comparitivley more effective at lower levels.

As has been said most common spec is probably 50 flex, 42 shield, 36 SR, rest parry.
I autotrained and am 50 flex, 42 shield, 41 SR, rest parry which I think is far better (imho) :p
If I was going to solo more, I may consider lowering SR and raising parry as i'm sure would help VS stealthers, however 6 +17 parry + MoParry one and I parry ok imho.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
50fl, 42sh, 36sr, 20pa here. I wouldn't want to drop parry down for a small lifetap increase.
I find 94 effective shield and 66 effective parry kinda über :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I am 50flex 42shield 36soulrending 19 parry too.

Although I start thinking of moving parry points into soulrending for NF as our ra would depend on SR. Not sure if that would worth it though....

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
50Flex, 50 SR, shield, parry is the way to go I think if you're interesting in grouping/RvR and particularly with NF coming. Most Reavers for 50 Flex, 42 shield. The is by far the best for solo'ing because of the shield slam at 42, but I normally group with Pally's who slam anyway meaning I can levi' away and use more powerful debuffs that groups welcome.

Silmarwen

Fledgling Freddie
If you used the better lfietap for the 50/50 spec.. but erm.. best debuff? yeah +2% abs debuff totally owns slam :p

sarcasm apart, slam's handy :D

Night

Fledgling Freddie
High spec SR is crap for its scaling and too power hungry. Ppl say to go for 41 sr and have basically no parry, whereas your only ever going to use the lifetap every 30 secs? think most fights are over in that time...and Im not sure Paladins run with assist trains to slam? they blockbot and BG bot the casters and clerics now?

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Was 50 Flex/42 Shield.

Respecced at RR6 to 50 Flex, 50 SR, 23 Shield and 17 Parry and I love this spec. Soloing is far easier with the higher SR spec, and peeps who say it doesn't scale well have been reading too much VN ;)

The decision to respec came after a weekend in which I had 19 1v1 fights in Odins . Apart from 2 fights in which I couldn't land slam (S/S Hero and VW) slam was purged in every single fight. Basically stealthers will not initiate combat unless purge is up, and it is difficult to wrack rangers when they are not at the chokepoints.

Despite winning the fights, I felt it would have been much easier with high SR. I was sacrificing damage in the hope that slam wasn't purged. The higher debuffs are very nice and the increases on LT, DoT,DTA and Dmg Add are significant.

After resists:

LT - 230 vs 119
DoT - 44 vs 21
DTA - 92 vs 43
Dmg Add - 60 vs 30
Wrack - 55 vs 32 per pulse

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend high SR till RR5/6. You need to be able to stand head to head and survive long enough to use the SR. MoB3 helps alot and you still have levi for when they turn and run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom