Reaver Spec

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys/gals.

I am currently 50 Flexible, 42 Shield, 36 Soul rendering.

I have been this spec for nearly a year and a half now, and I really do enjoy it, however I have recently been thinking about 50 Soul, 42 Shield, 39 Slash.

In your opinion, baring in mind I am only rr5, would this spec be viable, and would it still leave me open to groups?

Reavers do deal nice damage, but most of the time I only find this damage a bonus in PvE. This is what makes a reaver so hard to play in group RvR sometimes. Not only trying to avoid such things as mezz and root, but maybe the hardest thing is utilizing the styles you have, which the majority are all either pre-req, a positional or require a block or parry to chain them off, which leaves you most of the time, either slamming, interupting, asp'ing, constricting and levi'ing. Most of the time if your not interupting or the above, your stuck to the back of whoever your targetting doing levi, so our utility is somewhat low when it comes to easily performing styles in RvR combat.

Each parry and block chain ends in high damage and either in the case of block, a lifetap and in the case of parry, a 9 sec stun.

Its all well and good having these tools for PvE and solo in places such as Odins, but is it really a tool that can be utilized just aswell in RvR?

I would have to say no. However, what do you guys think? Should I be 'different' and go for the Slash/Soul spec?

Instead of most of the time just doing levi, maybe go 50 soul, provide more utility , less resists, more damage through aoes and dd's enhanced possibly by some RA's.

You see most people look upon the reaver as a high damage class, without det, therefore its utility in RvR is doubted due to the hybrid way of life. They fail to see the interupting support a reaver can provide, and damage in my opinion, is not always the best antidote. I'd rather do my job and slam and interupt the pb box than try get killspam ! I'll leave that to the mercs :)

opinions? :)

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
when ive played 50 levi spec on a friends reaver ive found levi to be a good tool altho the back pos style can be annoying in rvr due to slam not always hitting. With 50 soul/slash spec u will be open to a nice anytime attack with ammy slash still have slam and have some nice dd dmg. I think you would have more utility with your soulrending higher in pve and pvp.

Also u be open to either battler or malice axe which are both nice artfact weapons. But because u have evade how does thrust or maybes even crush sound??

D.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
go 50 slash? for leet ws!
I dont like 50 soul as it is rly. reports keep saying its power usage and resists rates suck and it doesnt give back enough for its points...tho Malice axe could be nice :)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Give Reaver spec....

a peep ingame told me one but I forgot...I think one was

Flex 50
SR 50
SH 27

then there was another one I forget....

I was also told to auto train crush til 40 or 48(with respec stone) then respec to flex or something.

What's the deal? Was interesting to read the 1st post about the hassle of having to chain lots of styles to do any decent dmg.

Any info on Reavers would be appreciated.

Pao

Fledgling Freddie
i got a pretty odd spec of 50 flex 50 shield rest sr. With mob3 its quite good since i dont think going high in sr is worth it atm. I can still interrupt with my pbaoe chants as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom