reaver spec

C

cougar-

reading US vn-classboards, but ppl there sound not so sure what spec that works best. Any l50 reaver that have a own opinion?

G

Garaen

50 Flex - Leviathan, it is a must.
42 Shield - So you can pull off Leviathan when solo etc, and so you can stun caster's when the other tanks are doing somthing else
36 SR - Its gives the last possible spell that you can get with the above two skills, so there is no point putting more points in it because you wont get a new Skill
16 Parry - Rest of points in here, with +11 Skills and MoP you can parry enough to get chains off.

S

Sibanac

Soulrending 45
Flex 50
parry 25
shield 25

seems to be the best spec acourding to what i have read.
If you use the autotrain on flex till its at 3
you can actyaly burn the 23 left over points on one more point shield

O

old.Sanar

Flex 50
Shield 42
Soulrending 41
Parry 4

Autotrain flex to 44 using crush, respec crush off and you can get this. Seems to be the most used spec in US but maybe that parry is just a tab bit low...

C

cougar-

uhm might work.. but i read that L50 flex style is uberuber and all you wanna do is get it off, and then slam sound like a very good tool :)

S

stinkie

Originally posted by old.Sanar
Flex 50
Shield 42
Soulrending 41
Parry 4

Autotrain flex to 44 using crush, respec crush off and you can get this. Seems to be the most used spec in US but maybe that parry is just a tab bit low...

cant use a free respec at 44 highest is 40. if ur going to use a dragon stone respec may aswell respec at 48 and get more parry

O

old.Wildfire

50 Flex
42 Shield
36 Soulrending
16 Parry

S

stinkie

inconnu 10 dex con str or brit 10 dex con str

i personaly went inconnu, reasoning:

Good points:
We have the same sum of dex and str and brit so hit the same with flex or thrust weps
We have the same con
We have more dex
We are smaller
We make cool noises when hit :D

bad points:
we have 10 less qui

so i hit slightly slower but Im smaller, i block more I parry more i evade more. Reavers need to block / parry as much as poss to get our reactionary styles off as we lack a good anytime style so if i have to trade 10 qui for more dex Im going to do it. I did consider saracen for real high dex but as our CON does NOT rise at all threw lvling having as high a CON as poss at lvl 1 is very important imo.

Hope this helps.

C

cougar-

STR CON DEX QUI
Inconnu 50 60 70 50
Saracen 50 50 80 60

So i would almost say saracen have better stats..but but.. SI classes have some resist cheat so inconnu have 15% race resists compared to saracens 10%. And its more fun to play new race
:cheers:

S

stinkie

Originally posted by cougar-
STR CON DEX QUI
Inconnu 50 60 70 50
Saracen 50 50 80 60

So i would almost say saracen have better stats..but but.. SI classes have some resist cheat so inconnu have 15% race resists compared to saracens 10%. And its more fun to play new race
:cheers:

only reason i didnt do saracen was lack on CON, i know 10 con doesnt sound a lot for a tank but you got to remember our con doesnt raise 1 point from 1 - 50 so starting con is real important to us

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Jiggs
briton, cos then you look like a cleric...

ufff, dont know if thats good, clerics tend to get attacked first :)

briton with 10 con dex quick sounds best so far.

J

Jiggs

isn't that the idea for a tank? to be attacked and take hits instead of the support classes....

C

cougar-

Yeah true, can a reaver handle the tank responseability tho? ;)

F

Flimgoblin

50 flex 50 soul 23 shield rest in parry :)

offensive reaver :)

you get a lot of people running away from you in RvR :)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
50 flex 50 soul 23 shield rest in parry :)

offensive reaver :)

you get a lot of people running away from you in RvR :)

Group up with a pally and a mincer and scare all those nasty SB's lurking in suavage, you could try it in DF but might have an aggro problem :)

M

mcdonalds

Have to agree with last post...

I am goign 50 Flex 50 soul 20 in Parry and Shiled

Seems the best spec imo..

M

morgonslak

You will have hell getting leviathan off without slam, making the 50 flex spec less useful.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Garian
Briton 10 Str Con Dex.

Forget the strength and add 10 piety instead. Strength is primary and will be over cap with good gear and buffs.

You can't get a piety buff and your spells+proc damage is directly related to piety (not to mention power pool).

10 Pie Con Dex

Users who are viewing this thread