Reaver question

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
i'd like to make a reaver but was wondering about auto-train

i'd like to auto-train flex as high as i can which would mean not being able to spec in it till a lot later so whats the next best weapon skill to train in until i respec to flex.

i'd also like it to be a shield specced reaver

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Dunno about reaver. But looking at the spell list http://www.classesofcamelot.com/spells/A_Reaver.asp it looks like the Thane spec 42 weapon, 42 shield, 48 sc could be use for reaver. But reavers dont get the lvl48 spell that thane's do so might be able to drop to soulrending to 45 and raise weapon or something. Dunno thou :) Can reavers autotrain btw? :) If so too many alb classes can do it compared to mid :D

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
ok if you plan to auto train, dont spec Slash or Flex, as both of these auto train.

And also the 2 main level 50 specs are....

50 flex, 50 Soulrendering, 20 shield rest parry or
50 flex, 36 Soulrendering, 42 shield, rest parry

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
You need to autotrain til 48 to make it really worthwhile, and then you'll need a respec stone instead of your free respec at 40.

Tilda

Ok.
Firstly, you want 50 weapon spec, as the lvl 50 flex style = win :D
If your auto training, i'd suggest speccing crush to lvl 48. This will give you both auto train in slash and flex, resulting in no lost points if you decide to respec to something else later.
Secondly, Soul rending has problems at higher levels, it dosnt scale so well, so you put in loads of points, but dont get much return, in non-auto training templates people normally only take it to 36, however, my template, as yours should be if your doing auto training, took SR to 41, which gives a better lifetap, which imo, is wonderful.

erm, to summarise,
Spec crush to 40, then if you think you can manage on auto trained stuff, have no weapon spec until you get to 48, or, if you cant, buy a respec stone when you hit 48.
imo, the best spec, is 50 flex, 42 shield, 41 SR, and rest parry, which makes you nice for groups and ok for soloing.
Pin/Whyp will probably come in here, and because he solos a lot more than me, will probably say even with auto train either lower shield or lower SR and raise your parry to help VS Nightshades etc. :p It all depends on your play style.

Tilda

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
nice that Reavers can Auto Train innit?..... WHY CANT CHAMPS?

Autotrain is for the weak.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
just means alb classes are gimped if they spec wrongly and mid/hib classes aren't :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
ilaya said:
nice that Reavers can Auto Train innit?..... WHY CANT CHAMPS?

Autotrain is for the weak.
Its same with mid, alb is easy mode. :p

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
50 Flex, 42 Shield, 41 Soulrending, 6 Parry (With autotraining flex till 48 so use Crush or Slash) is the best spec if your not RR5.

At RR5 you might want to consider respeccing to even higher SR for SoulQuench damage (the RR5 Free Reaver Ability) as it bloody owns :p

Tilda

I'd say, 41 + 16 is more than enough to cap soul quench dammage. On US servers, it was tested and spec above 50 really does very little to improve dammage, so as long as you make sure your SC caps SR, you're fine.

Tilda

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
just means alb classes are gimped if they spec wrongly and mid/hib classes aren't :p

Actually, auto-train is the worst concept ever invented. I really wish Mythic would remove it entirely. If your class can auto-train any skill, then really you are completely gimping it by not PLing it fully from Lvl 5. You should always strive to have the best character possible, and doing this means that you can't use /level. Therefore it takes longer to get to Lvl 50...

It's so much easier in Hib/Mid where far fewer classes auto-train. After all, classes from those Realms hardly seem at a disadvantage for the sake of 74 or more spec points...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom