Reaver question

Lel

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any reaver here that have tried both slam spec and going 50SR instead of high shield spec?
I would like som info about what spec to go at lvl 50, i know almost all goes for slam but i would like to here the opinion from someone who have tried both spec.
If im going to rvr in a guild group, is 50 SR better?
Been looking up on forums etc but it seems there is no "right" answer if SR is group spec and slam is better when u solo a lot...?

all help is welcome, thx in advance!
/Lel

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Im in two minds about this myself...

I would reckon tipping the balance for group spec would be higher shield for guard, even at 42+XX its still good in rvr. Using aoes to interrupt where you can or even actually land a nice debuff. Perhaps tho the purple aoe debuff may contribute well to groups. From my experience Slam+Levi = Goodnight

If you were to solo I would take SR as high as it can go...

I believe Elitestoner and perhaps Ryz are SR reavers have a chat with them :).

The beauty of a reaver to me is that its one of those chars that theres no best spec for... try one way if you dont like it try another.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Vestax played around with some respec stones and tried tried max shield, slam spec and max SR. He found max shield to be extremely effective in both group and solo RvR. Basically the SR doesn't scale well enough at higher levels to justify all those extra points but having 50 shield makes you an extremly tough defensive tank who hits like a truck with reactionary styles from block. Blockrate at 50 shield is much higher than 42, suprisingly so. Add a couple of levels of MoB into the mix and a shield reaver is a damn tough opponent, makes you very useful as a blockbot in PvE groups as well. Max SR does have it's benefits but they aren't great when you consider all the extra defense you lose and of course the ability to slam and then get a couple of Levi's off.

We would all like SR to be more effective, it is our class defining line but sadly the reaver Team Leader has been constantly ignored for over a year and there are no plans to rework SR at the higher levels.

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
I have tried a couple specs. Basicly what Chod said is right. Atm I am 50/50 flex/shield. Did this for ToA cause the pbae doesnt land much on the higher lvl mobs, but the block rate is great, I have 50+15+mob4 atm.

Will probably drop shield back to 42(and drop mob) and up sr back to 36 for RvR soon tho. The high life tap/buff proc were nicer in RvR than a bit more blocking.

EliteStoner was high SR, think he switched to slam spec. Or maybe he switched back, Im not sure ;)

Lel

Fledgling Freddie
So full flex, slam + MoB 2-3 and rest in SR is best allround spec for both rvr and pve it seems. Thanks loads for answering my question mates, take care out there, and again thanks for your replies.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lel said:
So full flex, slam + MoB 2-3 and rest in SR is best allround spec for both rvr and pve it seems. Thanks loads for answering my question mates, take care out there, and again thanks for your replies.

Slam spec is a nice all rounder, not what I would choose but a very viable spec and fun which is what matters in the end :)

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
SR is not good on higer lvl imo. Flex must be lvl 50, cos of levi. I use small shield (cos of the faster slam), so lvl 42 shield is "only for slam", ofc, good if som1 hittin. Parry is useless in rvr imo.
I am 50 flex, 42 shield, 41 sl, and 6 parry atm (autotrained).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom