Reaver nerf :(

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
Found this comment in a post from the new Mythic Reaver TL. I reckon the RR5 Soul Quench (as it stands now) will never make it to European servers.

I have to tell you up front that the issue of "Reaver bombs" is under HEAVY scrutiny right now, and it isn't looking good for the Reavers.

IGN Forums

:(

Silmarwen

Fledgling Freddie
The new TL's lvl 49 and rr2, we are doomed! doomed i say! ><

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, wonder if the TL is as any good as Dragonpup.
I think insta stun and SM's need looking at before reaver bombs ;p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
reaver bomb = soul quench (essence damage) + banelord 8 (essence damage) + thorn weed field (essence damage) + wrath of the champion (spirit or something) = nasty!

and it's not a nerf if you don't get to experience the uber first ;)

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
I hope they don't nerf the damage output of these. 1 option would be to put maybe SQ and TWF on the same timer and maybe reduce the timer duration slightly.

ML8 is part of the bomb, but I read on the US forums not always used due to the fact you get no RPS for damage done by MLs.

Just a thought...

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
reaver bomb = soul quench (essence damage) + banelord 8 (essence damage) + thorn weed field (essence damage) + wrath of the champion (spirit or something) = nasty!

and it's not a nerf if you don't get to experience the uber first ;)

Wrath of Champion? You mean this i guess:

Wrath of Champions Active Spirit Based instantly cast PBAE with 150 radius that does the listed damage. 200 500 750 Thane, Champion, Paladin

Which should be more logical to be available to reavers but it's not.
Now, how can that fit the paladin's defensive role is something that I can't understand actually...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Now, how can that fit the paladin's defensive role is something that I can't understand actually...

A Paladin can be offensive as well - it's just that everyone is used to having Paladins play defensively. There's no reason why a Paladin couldn't spec entirely offensive active and passive RA's, and sprint about on End Chant slamming enemy support and offense then providing support to the MA.

IMHO - the rest of the Realm is bound to disagree with me :)

Quickfeet

Fledgling Freddie
The wrath of the champ ra looks pretty damn good imo. Imagine this a group of pallies guarding each other fighting in close formation, all with wrath of champ lvl 3. A whole group of tanks run in to try and kill them using assist whatever and bam 2250 dam to everything in a 150 radius. And did i read somewhere usable every 10 mins - uber

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Nvm, sm's 2000hps pets will still intercepting 75% of melee attacks :m00:

Balance? :puke:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hrm ok maybe it doesn't include wrath of the champion ;) still a nasty combo :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
IMHO - the rest of the Realm is bound to disagree with me :)
i agree. offensive pally makes alot more sense these days for a couple of reasons:

1. u never get endo with them sat at the back bg-ing a caster
2. a reaver is a better bg cos he can actually kill (in a shortish time) anyone stupid enuf to come try kill his 'mark' solo ....if slam sticks ;)

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
To a degree I can see how a reaver is superior to a paladin at defence, I still feel however that such a role for a reaver in a group is a waste of its utility.

A reaver has lots of luxuries which aid it in more an offencive (asp[range],constrictor[hinder,damage])way than defencive, Yes, in PvE we play a very defencive form, also in solo RvR we play defensive, however I don't see many reavers, or have I ever seen a reaver have commonly pulled off a full block chain in group RvR, and still time to deal with additional aggro, I mention commonly, I have seen it times before, but its bloody hard to pull off with the time you have.

If a PB group is approaching a alb group, who has a reaver BG, I can see this working well in a defencive way, with the interupts making it difficult for any pb casts togo off, but this is wasting alot of time in the battle, where it could be over much quicker if the reaver was upfront interupting and debuffing as it really should do in RvR.

Reavers can play both ways very well, its nice to have a class which can do both well, but I feel they do excell in offencive rather than defencive. I guess its how the player prefers to play, either way its good to see that people see the potential reavers have in RvR, and are not clouded by doubt and the recent 'reaver bomb' fotm people are talking about.

Mikisen

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine loads of wizards VPing at the same time... nice range and radius, would look fun if anyone succeeded at instant killing a fg like that :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, think that was too fast :(

Worst thing is we will never get it here with Essense damage :(

Night

Fledgling Freddie
ARGH, WHY GOD WHY?!
means i have to get banelord, SQ, AND TWF3 now... the horror :(

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
SirDystic said:
I hope they don't nerf the damage output of these. 1 option would be to put maybe SQ and TWF on the same timer and maybe reduce the timer duration slightly.

ML8 is part of the bomb, but I read on the US forums not always used due to the fact you get no RPS for damage done by MLs.

Just a thought...

Is that a "fix" or a NF thing? I wub getting RP's for my wizzies DD storms..Although frequently not alive to benefit from them :) damn funny tho nonetheless.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Ilienwyn said:
Wrath of Champion? You mean this i guess:

Wrath of Champions Active Spirit Based instantly cast PBAE with 150 radius that does the listed damage. 200 500 750 Thane, Champion, Paladin

Which should be more logical to be available to reavers but it's not.
Just another rusty nail in the Armsman's coffin.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Mikisen said:
Imagine loads of wizards VPing at the same time... nice range and radius, would look fun if anyone succeeded at instant killing a fg like that :p
Pfft Mass VP's would be funny now, but come NF VP as we know it will be no more, we get some uber fire thingy.....not..

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Just another rusty nail in the Armsman's coffin.

Armsman? coffin? Armsmen have been burried so deep so far that no one would like to dig up in order to put another nail. They just put more things above it to be burried even deeper and hope to get forgotten too... :(

Oh, and I like to play reaver more than arms. Too bad it's hard to get in alb groups :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom