REASON why servers are down

A

Addlcove

Posted by Gaskin MacGregor
Quote from an inside sorce at GOA:

"To explain why the severs have been taken down you have to understand how DAOC handles objects. All disposable objects in the game spawn in much the same way as monsters do. So for example there is a large but limited amount of tickets to snowdonia. This normally does not cause a problem, however last night there was an event held on Prydwen sever that has caused an anomaly in the coding. The problem is that the MacGregors have actually used up all the whiskey, ale, and cake available on Prydwen Server. When developers tried to divert supplies from excalibur it was quickly realised that they would also exhaust that server. As the French servers have red wine and cheese instead of ale and cake we have had to use all of the German servers. Sadly even that was not enough and we have been forced to shut down the servers to allow supplies to re-spawn so that life may continue as normal. We apologise for the inconvenience.

You may note that on the server screen there are a small number of players still present on Prydwen Server. We have narrowed the culprits down to the ruling council of the Phoenix Legion who have barricaded themselves in the Tavern cellar with the last drops of whiskey. We are hoping to resume normal service when they finally collapse unconscious and we can teleport them somewhere more sober."

Gaskin MacGregor, Sports commentator for the PL News.

G

Gladiatorrr

Lmao! theres ne thinking that was something serious! pfft ;P

B

banedon

Oh yeas the clan MacGregor drunk the whol of albion dry and thats a fact

X

xplo

I thought it was a serious post T.t
still funney though :p

T

Thundercall

I can't believe they spelled Whisky wrong,...

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by Thundercall
I can't believe they spelled Whisky wrong,...

It was irish/american :).

Funny post though :clap:.

K

kinag

lol addlcove :D nice one, I seriously thought it was a serious post until I read the middle part:p

C

Cyradix

Don't tell me they ran out of pie too? :scared:

A

Addlcove

not mine guys! I just C'n'P from the PL guild boards ;)

Gaskin is to shy to enter BW

Users who are viewing this thread