Reason for unbalance?

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
May people consider casses in DAoC to be unbalanced, ive just dont a bit of research (mainly for my cabby but ive noticed stuff for others), some classes have ot recieved a TL report since 1.66 patching (Cabby and thurg in alb, shadowblade in hib) however EVERY class other than the nightshade has recieved a TL report in mid in 1.70.

Now im not talking about bias towards mid cos i dont actually believe that myself but whats going on here? Arnt TL reports where miffic are ment to get their idea for new patches? if some classes havnt even recieved reports since before ToA isnt it possible they have missed something?

Now i dont want this to turn into a THIS class is overpower NERF tehm MORE UTILLITY FOR WIZZYS thread, there is one up atm so post those there, but can anyone tell me how important these TL reports are? Or are they actually not that important?

http://daoc.catacombs.com/page.cfm?DAOCTLREPORTS

^thats a link to a site with tl reports and the patches they are taken from, just found it :)

Bloodhunter

Banned
lol you do know much about daoc and classes and unbalances

Shadowblade = mid
Nightshade = hib

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Airalith said:
May people consider casses in DAoC to be unbalanced, ive just dont a bit of research (mainly for my cabby but ive noticed stuff for others), some classes have ot recieved a TL report since 1.66 patching (Cabby and thurg in alb, shadowblade in hib) however EVERY class other than the nightshade has recieved a TL report in mid in 1.70.

Now im not talking about bias towards mid cos i dont actually believe that myself but whats going on here? Arnt TL reports where miffic are ment to get their idea for new patches? if some classes havnt even recieved reports since before ToA isnt it possible they have missed something?

Now i dont want this to turn into a THIS class is overpower NERF tehm MORE UTILLITY FOR WIZZYS thread, there is one up atm so post those there, but can anyone tell me how important these TL reports are? Or are they actually not that important?

http://daoc.catacombs.com/page.cfm?DAOCTLREPORTS

^thats a link to a site with tl reports and the patches they are taken from, just found it :)

"tabled - need specifics"

need i say more........

:m00:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
players -> Teamlead -> Teamlead Report -> Mythic -> trashbin

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah. Most reports don't even get feedback from Mythic :/

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
are team leaders actually official? i mean if they are ignored why do they exist? this is what i was trying to understand.

One of the big selling points for WoW (fora lot of friends of mine anyway) was that it was run by blizzard and hence would prob have gr8 support. Are TL ment to be that support in camelot? (As far as class balance anyway)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
TLs are there so Mythic can pretend that they listen to their customers and know what's going on in their game.

But if you compare what TLs ask for in their reports, and what Mythic does, it's usually two different things.

One reason why loads of TLs gave up.

But Mythic -do- listen to their community, if you look at the Valkyrie, that's the feedback of ~3years from Hunters (Spear line), Thanes and some others.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
TL's is a fecking joke fgs :)

Most of the TL's are inexperienced in RVR, so how on earth can they really judge balanceissues unless they push things to the edge?

Like now, the TL for Vampiirs, hes playing in a shitguild on Hib/Merlin that does _nothing_ but zerg and camp towers with shrooms. How can this guy really represent a class for thousands of people when he has no clue of how to actually play? I'm damn sure there are lot of similar examples to be made about alot of TL's, some are good and actually have a clue, but most just dont.

Scrap the TLprogram totally and put in professional hired people to do the job and maybe, just maybe it will be taken seriosly in the future.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/section.php?id=18

Team Lead Program Goals

The goal of the Team Lead program is to harness the knowledge and experience of the customer base to assist the developers in ensuring that Camelot remains stable, balanced, and fun to play.

Team Leads (TLs) are players who volunteer their free time to assist the Dark Age of Camelot development team by providing testing, collation of player feedback, general feedback on proposed changes, and new ideas on ways to improve Camelot. Each Team Lead has an area of specific focus - each class has its own TL, and there are TLs for RvR in general, and each Realm in general, plus others. TLs also have a secondary mission of helping to give the player base feedback regarding Mythic's positions on issues related to their specific area of focus.

Do You Have a Suggestion?

Do you have a suggestion that you would like to make regarding a specific class or game mechanics area? Please feel free to submit your thoughts in the Team Lead Suggestions Form. If your class is missing from the Category dropdown list, it means the position is vacant and we are accepting applications for it now. Please click the Available Positions link above to apply for the position if you would like to represent that class. You may still submit feedback about a class issue by selecting the General Category.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

officiel version.
shadowblade is mid assasin class, nightshade hibs assasin class and infiltrator alb assasin class btw.

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic have known since beta testing 1.70 that ranged classes have had significant advatages over tanks, and now we are 3 further patches down the line have they done anything about it ? very little is the answer a few adition here and there and a few changes but nothing to bridge the gulf. playing an armsman ive had to put up with not getting many changes since release so ive put up with it. i just WISH mythic would take a closer look at trying to redress the balance in the game a little more than adding new content sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom