Realm points for ressing?

P

preladon

Hi...

Just a quick question. I was under the impression that following the shrouded isles patch (1.57) we would get realm points for ressing...

However, I was out in emain last night, and ressed several level 50 people (I'm level 45) with my 40 Rejuv res and didn't get a single realm point.

I know that you don't get realm points if they didn't give any, but given that several of these occured within my group, and we had just ported back from Sauvage, and waited for res-sick to go and all that, it seems odd that I didn't get any realm points at all for ressing.

Any thoughts? Or have I just missed something obvious...

F

Flimgoblin

It should be patch 1.56 (i.e. included in this one)

People have reported getting RPs - the conditions in which you get RPs for ressing people seem to be a bit strange...

G

geysor

According to the release notes this was in 1.56.

I wonder if they did put it in though, as I've rezzed a shed load of ppl in RvR since the last release, sometimes in the middle of a battle, and not received a single RP.

O

old.Prof

Almost 100 % certain it's bugged too, since patch did tons of rezzes in all possible RvR situations and I don't seem to get any RPs out of it ...

P

preladon

So has anyone reported it yet?

So should I report it on RightNow? Or has someone already done it? If so, what was the outcome?

F

Flimgoblin

report it to RightNow :)

I've not seen anything posted (although it may well have been)

Just the usual bile-filled Glendower-rants.

R

raer

I haven't been told in the command window that I have received rps for rezzing people, but I have received points sometimes for rezzing someone. However there have been times whe I know I should have received some and received nothing so it seem a little b0rked to me.

S

Sharma

Somethings went missing and something were added accidentally to our patch, we should be ok next patch however because the patches need those systems to work on so we should be fine soon :)

M

Meatballs

Customer 03/03/2003 06:52 PM
Since 1.56:

- Low level resurrection spells now give 5% RP's to the caster and high level rezzes do up to 15% of the RP's to the caster. Mid level ones are between the two

I however dont recieve any realm points for rezzing my fellow realm mates in the frontier.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, this bug should be corrected really soon.
Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

G

Graknak

afaik (being a cleric as main char) you only get rp's for rezzing non-rezkilled groupmembers now (in RvR). As Balls said, its going to be fixed, so for now just rezz yer groupmembers first :)

O

old.Glendower

Nothing wrong with demanding service from the idiots at GOA.

And yes, they fukked it up when they did the patch before this last one. They said that getting RP for ressing and XP in RvR was a "bug" at that time, and so rather than give us a break and allow the feature to go in a patch early, they nerfed the code to take it out.

This had the apparent result of carrying over into this patch with the added insult of them not giving a rat's ass about fixing it.

For all of you posting here about requirements, etc to get the points: The RP for res thing was tested by a level 35 healer and a level 50 druid in RvR conditions at various death intervals using different level resses. All resses were performed on persons who "gave" RP on death, and one was given within a minute of death. Not one time during this test did the resser get ANY rp. And yes, tried logging out, zoning, etc.

"really soon"...ya sure, whatever. Been weeks now since patch and no fix, and no news on when a patch to fix this and the other bugs will go in.

Bet they turned off the registration page to keep people from cancelling.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Graknak
afaik (being a cleric as main char) you only get rp's for rezzing non-rezkilled groupmembers now (in RvR). As Balls said, its going to be fixed, so for now just rezz yer groupmembers first :)

I don't get RP for rezzing groupmembers now :( Roll on fixes.

G

Gandir

Hey guys pretend it's a game!

The world is not ending, no one treath to kill you or your family, but you act like it was something of thouse. RP's are not everything here in life, act like adults not children that whines about the fact that everyone else got two crackers and I just got one!

G

geysor

I would like to nominate Gandir for the condescending arsehole of the thread award.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by geysor
I would like to nominate Gandir for the condescending arsehole of the thread award.

I'd like to nominate geysor for the pointless flaming troll of the thread award.

And it wasn't even a good flame. Sheesh.

Originally posted by Glendower
This had the apparent result of carrying over into this patch with the added insult of them not giving a rat's ass about fixing it.

Glendower is actually Kemor in disguise! that's where he gets all this inside info!

G

Gallak

Kemor posted on another thread to say this morning's patch shoud have fixed this bug.

O

old.Glendower

Great news. I shall go test again.

Oh, and you dont need "inside information" when simple observation produces the same insights.

I have been observing GOA since the start of beta in this game.

And the issue is not so much the RPs as it is the SERVICE, and the idea of getting what you pay for. This is about a game feature that is supposed to WORK (and doesn't), nothing more.

O

old.Glendower

Seems to be working, but dont know if the percentages (relating to the levels of res) are as stated in the patch notes as I havent had enough time to check that out yet.

Oh, and if you want to close threads, be a mod.

O

old.Lianuchta

The fun thing on the PvP servers is that you can PK someone and then when you res them you get another RP shot in the arm. The amounts aren't great though, we're talking teens here ( think the max i got was about 60ish).

O

old.Glendower

LOL!

That's very funny!

Surprised they didnt see that one coming.

P

preladon

Closure...

I can confirm that when I ressed people last night I got a message reflecting that they hadn't been worth RPs when they were killed so I would not gain any.

This suggests that the bug has now been fixed, and that this thread can be closed. Thanks all for your input.

F

Fafnir

You know preladon you can close the thread yourself. :)

E

etcetra

Havent read a single post here, but i think you get the rp's after you port back to your own realm, or die with other words..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom