Realm Classes....

B

big_ish

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could link me or tell me what classes through the 3 realms are relatively similar to one another, for example:

Infil - SB
Hero - Warrior

I only ask as I would like to know each realms equivalent so when I join either Hib or Alb on the Classic server I'll know roughly what class I will be creating (relating to Mid Classes that is)

Cheers.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Why not tell us what classes you currently play, and then we can advise you on the nearest parallel? :)

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil sig said:
Care to explain then why Sorcerers are considered "balanced" and hit me for up to three times my damage even though their spell delves for less? Hmm?
because you propably dont have a template with something called "resists" ...

Tilda

Warrior - hero - armsman
Zerk - BM - merc
Thane - VW - heretic (uncertain)
Valk - erm, VW again, possibly vamp ish
Sb - NS - Inf
Hunter - Ranger - Scout
Healer - Bard/druid - Cleric/sorc (spec dependant)
Shaman - bard/druid/warden - friar/cabalist/cleric (spec dependant)
RM - eldrich/warden(pbt) - wizard/theurg
SM - enchanter - cabalist
BD - enchanter/animist - cabalist/theurg

Its hard to draw more prescise paraleles but if you say what class you want to play in mid, then its perhaps easier to say which classes may interest you.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
VampiiricMist said:
because you propably dont have a template with something called "resists" ...

Thanks for that! I often need replies to my sig!

Kenshiro

Loyal Freddie
Narzeja said:
Hard to say, because no class from one realm is another realms equivalent.

But you can look here for a detail about the classes abilities, then compare for yourself:

http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cfm

ye this is exactly what Mythic wants to avoid : having fully equivalent classes in all realms (this is what makes WoW so gimpish/easymode imho)

if you wanna play your mid char then it's simple just stay in Midgard cause you won't find the same one in Hib/Alb

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

That's the shitty thing :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Warrior - hero - armsman
Zerk - BM - merc
Thane - VW - heretic (uncertain)
Valk - erm, VW again, possibly vamp ish
Sb - NS - Inf
Hunter - Ranger - Scout

interesting.. but id rather correct these:

Thane = Champion = Paladin (the hybrid tank)
Savage = VW = Reaver (the SI hybrids)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Not really sure how u can compare a friar to any other class tbh as theyre kind of unique , maybe a warden but wardens cant fight like a friar.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Valkyries closest equivalent in hib is probably Champion, definetly not vamp (vamp is an awesome class, valk is possibly the gimpiest class currently in the game).

Himse

FH is my second home
Fana said:
Valkyries closest equivalent in hib is probably Champion, definetly not vamp (vamp is an awesome class, valk is possibly the gimpiest class currently in the game).

Thane = Champ!

B

big_ish

Kenshiro said:
if you wanna play your mid char then it's simple just stay in Midgard cause you won't find the same one in Hib/Alb

I want to play a different realm, as i believe it will add a little excitement and change to my current gaming. Therefore I wanted to know what classes are equivalent to what so I have a little understanding of what character i'm making.

Thanks for the replies btw.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
go on pvp, /20 all the chars and see what you like, your not limited to 1 realm

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
interesting.. but id rather correct these:

Thane = Champion = Paladin (the hybrid tank)
Savage = VW = Reaver (the SI hybrids)
Savage isen't a hybrid. They're classed as a light tank. Yes it can be discussed, I still think they are a light tank tho. :p

I don't know what to class vw as really, it's a funky mix between caster and melee, better dps than the other hybrids both at range and melee, but only in cloth armour.

Reaver fits in with Champion and Thane, they're basicly the same.

For the creater of the topic:
It's impossible to say what class is like what, can only say what they are classed as really. :p

Tanks:
-Light tanks: Savage(Mid), Berserker(Mid), Mercenary(Alb), Blademaster(Hib), Vampiir(Hib)(Hybrid tank?).
-Heavy tanks: Warrior(Mid), Hero(Hib), Armsman(Alb).
-Hybrid tanks: Thane(Mid), Skald(Mid), Valkyrie(Mid), Reaver(Alb), Heretic(Alb)(Hybrid caster?), Paladin(Alb), Champion(Hib), Valewalker(Hib)(Hybrid Caster?), Vampiir(Hib).

Stealthers:
-Assassins: Nightshade(Hib), Shadowblade(Mid), Infiltraitor(Alb).
-Archers: Ranger(Hib), Scout(Alb), Hunter(Mid).

Support:
-Primary Healers: Druid(Hib), Healer(Mid), Cleric(Alb).
-Secondary Healers: Shaman(Mid), Bard(Hib), Warden(Hib), Friar(Alb).

Casters:
-Pet Casters: Spiritmaster(Mid), Bonedancer(Mid), Cabalist(Alb), Theurgist(Alb), Enchanter(hib), Animist(Hib).

Then again, listing it like that don't give you much thought about their abilities. Like in Hib and Alb the main buffers have Spec buffs aswell as Shears, but Healers don't. In Mid Healers get mezz, in Alb Sorcs get it and in Hib Bards get it. If you would make a list about every ability and what class has it it would take ages and I don't have time for that atm. :p

Check Catacombs Charbuilder and linked above(I think) to see what chars get what.

Good luck with choosing your class and hope you find something you like. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
post what you want and what realm, we can tell you whats nearest to your liking :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say the only classes with even close parallels are assassins - nightshade, infil, shadowblade; light tanks - mercenary, blademaster, berzerker; and heavy tanks - warrior, armsman, hero. Other classes are just too unique to have direct equivalents, unless you're assuming specific specs, even those I listed above have definate advantages over the others in certain areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom