Realm Abilities

O

old.davidlqs

What does everyone think about Realm Abilities?

Fantastic! - just what was needed to allow me to personalize my character

Pointless! - about as important as a handful of pebbles on top of Ayers Rock

Same old same old - just another way to gimp my character

F

Flimgoblin

Fantastic! but as well balanced as a erm.. tank in RvR ;)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I can only comment on the healer line because that's all I've looked at, but I think they're very useful. I'd like to compare them against what other classes get, but I don't have the time nor enough inclination to actively go about it.

The self-ressurection to full power and full health with no sickness is an amazing realm ability; as a healer class it is a 'support' type realm ability, and seems very powerful, which means that I dread the offensive realm abilities of offensive classes if they have realm abilities parallel to that one. I certainly hope that the 'gimped' classes have some amazing realm abilities as a consolation to their current ineffectiveness at realm versus realm fighting.

I don't think the healer line is very useful to augmentation healers though; the realm ability that buffs my buffs is only 3% per level, meaning that at the top line I'll get 15% buff increase, which doesn't seem worth spending so much on.

Given that I like to swing a hammer and I haven't found any decent chain armour that gives extra quickness, I think that I'll be spending a lot of points in increasing my quickness.

In conclusion, then, useful and welcome, and I'd like to see the surprises that other classes will give with their realm abilities on the battlefield, be they friend or foe.

D

Danya

What? Self-ressurection?! As in you cast it while dead and you spring back to life. Please tell me I'm mistaken here...

So far I like the abilities. Speed of sound is just amazing, I got straight through a defended milegate and mezzed the casters from behind with it, they didn't spot me for ages cos I was through so quick. :) The power regeneration is very nice too.

O

old.tuppe

well, berserkers wiev Tundra :confused:
why we are dualwielding when get some unique skill what is ment to 2h?
copple nice skills.
most i hate this cancel style skill :)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by Dannyn
Please tell me I'm mistaken here...
It's called Perfect Recovery. Why should you wish to be mistaken?

D

Danya

Because the ability to res yourself once dead is um, a little silly don't you think?
"Oh look there's a dead healer behind us... er what he just got up from the dead?!"

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Hehe, that's an amusing way of looking at it and as viable as my view that it's a pure support ability for a class that was designed for support. I suppose I could parallel your view with minstrels suddenly jumping in and out of view while 'stealthing' as silly; to me it positively adds to the dimensions of the game and what the enemy have to keep their eyes open for.

D

Danya

I suppose it's not really much more silly than speed of sound... "ohh I rooted that minstrel... whaa? he didn't even break stride?!" :p

F

Flimgoblin

It's a ress on _someone else_ :)

costs no power gives 100% hp/mana and no ress sickness.

Think it's bugged this version and costs mana... but they fix that ;)

K

Keri

I see that Perfect Recovery has a range of 1500. Are you sure it a self res?

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Bah, the only person I'd ever be happy about ressurecting is myself. Well ...nuts.

edit: I just wanted to say 'thx' to myself really insincerely.

F

Flimgoblin

lol ;)

Ress yourself and go 'erm, what took you so long?' or 'is that the best rezz you have?'

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Ayam: If you even BOTHERED TO HEAL ME I wouldn't BE DEAD

Ayam: No more ressurections for you then, ingrate!

O

old.tuppe

yep, have read that test, there i find how usefull that is.
backup styles is great, now waiting my bers evade for launc chain.

last night small fight in emain :) albs mg,
dont do rvr so much, but wanted shortly look how it goes, and like guess, pushing df button like cracy and axes hitting like lady, preparing for doublefrost, cancelling doublefros, driving me mad.
need do some xp so my fingers timing get better.

D

Danya

Ever tried backup styles with a 2.3 speed weapon and reasonable quickness? I can't hit the buttons fast enough to get the backup style to work. :p Other than that though they're great, and as my RvR sword is 3.5 speed I'm ok there. ;)

O

old.davidlqs

At least we might see some people back in the battlegrounds again - been sooooooo quiet in there recently.

Q

Quemine

Realm Abilities could have been more balanced really, some classes have absolutely no use of their special ones. Healers Perfect Resurrection would have been nice if it allowed to res yourself, but it won't. Gonna try it out today and see if it's worth the 14 points...

And I don't really see the point why every tank and their mother now can get themselves a 100% insta heal... mine's only 75%! Grr...

F

Flimgoblin

first aid sucks.
ignore pain is ridiculously good..

void sucks
speed of sound is superb...

there's a big imbalance in some of the abilities :)

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte
I can only comment on the healer line because that's all I've looked at, but I think they're very useful. I'd like to compare them against what other classes get, but I don't have the time nor enough inclination to actively go about it.

The self-ressurection to full power and full health with no sickness is an amazing realm ability

LOL LOL LOL you should read the notes before you write something like that , you can rezz other peopel not yourself
BAAHHAAAAAA tis made me laugh so hard I nearly fell of my chair

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
LOL LOL LOL you should read the notes before you write something like that
And the notes say:

Perfect Recovery Active 30 min. 14 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A After death, you will resurrect with full hitpoints and power and no resurrection side-effects.

So forgive me for not being 1337 enough to comprehend an ambiguous description.

O

old.davidlqs

You're quite right Ayam, that is one totally ambiguous description. I must admit to thinking you were a bit bonkers with your original post, but having seen that decription I can totally understand why you WOULD think it was a self-rezzing ability

K

klavrynd

I'm pretty sure Ayam wasn't the only one thinking this was a self-resurrection.

"After death, you will resurrect with full hitpoints and power and no resurrection side-effects."

should have been

"After death, you resurrect target player with full hitpoints and power and no resurrection side-effects."

K

Keri

I got my info from "Prima's Official Revised & Expanded Strategy Guide". In it, it says the range for Perfect Recovery is 1500. That pretty much told me it's not a self-res spell. Good book .. I recommend it.

T

Thorarin

Just leaving out the 'after death' would have helped too.. I mean, if you're resurrecting someone, they are usually dead ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom