Realm abilities for Cleric, Battery of Power or Purge?

H

heilel

I already have MCL and BoF.

So for my next realm ability it's probably gonna be purge, but I'm considering Battery of power, but I'm not really sure exactly what it does.

Can someone explain in detail what Battery of Power does, I know it's supposed to do a spreal heal, whatever that is.
Is it better than having purge as my next RA?

T

Tualatin

You don't mean Battery of life? That's a "heal-pool" which can heal x hitpoints to anyone in the group, regardless if cleric isin combat or not. Can be enabled anytime, but only heals when someone lost hp's. It's gone/over when he healed for x hitpoints.

Ask Kirrenia (spelled correctly?) I believe she has this RA.

O

old.Sko

bol is crap - trust meh.
and purge - must have.

H

Herbal Remedy

mcl 2 > purge > bof > rp > aug acuity 3 > moc for teh win

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
mcl 2 > purge > bof > rp > aug acuity 3 > moc for teh win

Moh and Wh are must haves imo...

mcl 2,purge,bof,rp,moc,Moh,Wh after those i might consider Bol but not before...

O

old.Prof

Herbals line-up is the essential one for RvR, MoH and WH only come after that to spend the rest of your points on (trust me, I speak from experience).

If you really feel like wasting points, go for BoL - it's criminally overpriced :p

H

heilel

Originally posted by Tualatin
You don't mean Battery of life? That's a "heal-pool" which can heal x hitpoints to anyone in the group, regardless if cleric isin combat or not. Can be enabled anytime, but only heals when someone lost hp's. It's gone/over when he healed for x hitpoints.

Ask Kirrenia (spelled correctly?) I believe she has this RA.

Yes, I meant Battery of life.
Sounds nice, and extra heal is always welcome, but the general consensus seems to be not in favour of this one yet.

H

heilel

Originally posted by old.Sko
bol is crap - trust meh.
and purge - must have.

Yeah, purge does look nice..
I currently have.
Serenity 1
MCL 1
BoF

I think I'll get purge next and then up my MCL to rank 2 after that.

H

heilel

I assume the following

rp = Raging power (full power heal, what does that mean?)

moc = Mastery of Concentration

Moh = Mastery of Healing

Wh = Wild Healing

M

MesS°

Originally posted by heilel
I assume the following

rp = Raging power (full power heal, what does that mean?)

moc = Mastery of Concentration

Moh = Mastery of Healing

Wh = Wild Healing

Full power when ever u press the button, on a 30min timer tho.

yes

yes

yes

P

Puppetmistress

So for my next realm ability it's probably gonna be purge, but I'm considering Battery of power, but I'm not really sure exactly what it does.

Can someone explain in detail what Battery of Power does, I know it's supposed to do a spreal heal, whatever that is.

Purge first (if you want the cleric in RvR) :)

I would say:

MCL1, BOF, Purge, MCL2, RP, MOC (perhaps the last 2 switched around).

Clerics need alot of RA's to have all essentials compared to tanks. Just thank Mythic that BOF is only 10 points instead of 14 :)

H

heilel

Re: Re: Realm abilities for Cleric, Battery of Power or Purge?

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Purge first (if you want the cleric in RvR) :)

I would say:

MCL1, BOF, Purge, MCL2, RP, MOC (perhaps the last 2 switched around).

Clerics need alot of RA's to have all essentials compared to tanks. Just thank Mythic that BOF is only 10 points instead of 14 :)

OK, well I'm pretty much on track then.
I took Serenity as my first RA as I found it useful in PVE and currently also have BoF and MCL1 , as I found it useful in PVE, but I don't really play that anymore and almost exclusively play RvR apart from helping out with Epics and guildhunts occasionally.

So, I have 3 Realm points ATM, I'll save them up for Purge next (only 7 points to go..:D ).

I

infernalwrath

let me think .. :rolleyes:
P U R G E after thinkig it 0.00000000000000000000000000001 sec bol once u are 8l3 :p

S

swords

im using Puppetmistress's order of RA's.
my freshly rolled enh/rej group cleric is RR3l5 atm and i have Mcl1 BOF Purge. just using these and BP power stones (no rp) our Fg or RR3-RR6 has managed to take down 2Fg similar RR random mid groups (not savage groups for obvious reasons)

they are pretty much essential if your going to have a chance of getting any rps in the future.

as has been stated BOL is pretty much one of the last things i would bother getting, if i would bother at all.

K

kirennia

MCL1 > BoF > Purge > MCL2 > Raging power > MoC > being lashed by a whip 1000 times > jumping off a cliff > Battery of life

Had to test it out though. It does have its uses but not many. It's basically a 1040 (not affected by wild healing/mastery of healing etc) insta heal to everyone in the group apart from you. That is 1040 between them, not each. So as you can imagine, it's kinda useless when you all take 5% fall damage, it's wasted or if a solo stealther decides to suicide on you, it's wasted.

It's main use I found is when the battle first starts, if your sorc is targetted first, then you hit it. It's good for keeping 1, sometimes 2 casters alive in your group while you are being hit. Also, if you trigger it before you are mezzed and you are mezzed, it still casts on those in your group being hit.

Should either be in a 10 minute timer or do a shed load more healing then that. Crap atm

O

old.Ramas

Just in case you wre thinking of ignoring the 3482 other posters in this thread.

Don't buy BoL.

BoL heals the first 1000 pointsish of damage done to your group after you cast it.

W

Whisperess

Anyone tested the amount of hp difference when getting a few mota levels?
Read somewhere that RA affect how much it heals.

It's also nice to have when dashing into keeps to defend :D

One nice feature about it is that once you pop it - it's active and the reuse timer starts counting - even if you don't waste the hitpoints in the pool - giving you 2 BOL's to play with at best at one time.

Like many other has stated though, there are far more important RA's to get before BOL :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Just in case you wre thinking of ignoring the 3482 other posters in this thread.

Don't buy BoL.

BoL heals the first 1000 pointsish of damage done to your group after you cast it.

Actually, I don't think it's a question of "Don't buy BoL." It's more, "Don't buy it until high RR as there are more important things".

Even though it is not a large amount of hitpoints, it can make a difference if you lose the initial CC-war, your Sorcerer can have a nice little buffer to stop the insta-death and maybe get a QC off.

The only times I have faced BoL on an enemy group has been on RR7-10 Celtic Fist groups, and it's often meant that damned bard or caster (with guard!!) gets away without death.

A

Asha

There is no point even considering it til about rr9, and even then there are far better choices. 1k on a cloth caster is nothing - won't save a sorcerer and purge + normal heals servers the same purpose. Don't forget it doesn't work on you and you're a main target too.

Might be useful for pve if you have slow reflexes or like to watch tv while healing.

O

old.Ramas

Anyone tested the amount of hp difference when getting a few mota levels?
Read somewhere that RA affect how much it heals.

I assume you mean MoH, not MotA.

MotA increases cast speed.

MoH increases heal amount (by 3%).

K

kirennia

I got MoH after it and tested...it made no difference

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by swords
im using Puppetmistress's order of RA's.

I am flattered, but by all means dont take me as an expert. I am looking from a slightly different perspective (playing a druid, not a cleric).

Just listen to old.Prof (=Abelardus) who is the best cleric on Alb :)

Hi Abel btw :wave:

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by kirennia
I got MoH after it and tested...it made no difference

Then you are bugged, My MoH works exactly as advertised.

K

Kagato.

Just out of curiosity, does the recast timer on BoL reset after you first cast the spell (but don't necessarily use up all of its pool) or after the healing pool has completely emptied?

A

Asha

Originally posted by Whisperess
One nice feature about it is that once you pop it - it's active and the reuse timer starts counting - even if you don't waste the hitpoints in the pool - giving you 2 BOL's to play with at best at one time.

;)

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by MesS°
Moh and Wh are must haves imo...

mcl 2,purge,bof,rp,moc,Moh,Wh after those i might consider Bol but not before...

mcl1 (use potions), bof, purge, wh, aug acu3, mota 1, moc, mota2

Users who are viewing this thread