Realm abilitie review!!! info

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
what i see clerics whine because they dont have escape tools, true?
what kind escape tools aug/mend healer have?
what make healer superior comparing cleric?

So you agree that Cleric has only 2 usable lines but Healer has 3 ( Smite vs. Pac ) ?

I think thats the main problem with Clerics... I would love to be Rejuv/Pac if I had that choise. Smite is crap like it is now and it will not get any better.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, i'd be willing to bet that they nerf BoF so bad it won't even be worth getting (besides, if i have to fork out my hard earned RSP to get Purge, GP, BoF AND PR... well i think i'd throw up :eek7: )

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
This is really great. I can see the realm without any good RA's getting a boost. :D nah, they'll make it balanced this time!

Anyway, REMEMBER that all uber RA's will be nerfed.
This prolly includes all uber "I win RA's" like they said, a redesigned BoF, with dont make the group invaunurable to melee, but better.
I can imagine GP being removed as it cant possibly be on a 15 min timer. They will prolly have som other RA's instead to make up for it.

Lets all hope that Mythic does this as good as they are saying.

WOOOPEEDIIIIDOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome :)

Like someone said above: daoc is about to be reborn ^^

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It will either be brilliant or a complete disaster, either way it needed changing from the current setup. This is one time I am glad to be behind the U.S. when it comes to patching, we will get to judge the new abilities and decide if RvR is going to be worth the effort in the future.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
/wave VAe - making progress with Horizons I see :) saw your post on Barry'sWorld the other week before it closed.

Anyway on the question of RAs Mythic do seem to be considering the impact of MLs on RvR and doing some fine tuning. I think this will inevitably feed into RAs. Maybe the ultimate solution is to scrap RAs entirely and replace them with MLs that you can either get by earning rps (so those who do not like camping will be happy) or by PvE - so ToA could stand alone as it is. Have to work out the rp cost of the MLs of course. And all realms would have access to all abilities so you would just be down to class/realm imbalance issues. given the power of MLs though, bodyguard, sub 1s casting etc etc the imbalances pale into insignificance.

Shakes head. Wakes up.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
All they need to do next is give all realms exactly same skills, and you'l all be happy :)

Ooops my Mistake you'l all scream I quit coz they removed all the uniqueness of each realm, and left you nothing to cry were nerfed about!!

Vae

Resident Freddy
/wave Gervaise - Haven't seen you around at all recently.

Stopped playing Horizons when the free month ran out because it's shit. Couple of RL friends are still playing though and trying to persuade me to give it another go - Might shell out for 1 month but it's not a patch on Daoc except for the crafting.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
Homogenization of Class RAs. The RAs previously known as "Class Special RAs" will now be available to classes in other Realms that share the same archetype. For example, Druids, Healers, and Clerics (all sharing the healer archetype) will each be able to purchase Bunker of Faith.

~cries~
MUUHHAAAAA !!!!!!! FINALY

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
And MLs feature were in the review. Or is ToA still classed as a no impact on RvR expansion. With sub 1s casts a tank, even a det tank is ..... err dead. Go casters :) especially casters with Bodyguard bots.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Smurflord said:
PS: Infils with Viper \o/

think Viper is one of the RA's that will get a boost.. havent seen many NS's that have it....

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Thundercat said:
So you agree that Cleric has only 2 usable lines but Healer has 3 ( Smite vs. Pac ) ?

I think thats the main problem with Clerics... I would love to be Rejuv/Pac if I had that choise. Smite is crap like it is now and it will not get any better.

dont have played cleric, probably i love be whit my healer mend/instrument + some st included.
mids have several classes, prolly alott more what albs, where only is 1-2 viable spec line in end game, sm, bone, shammy come fast in mind.
whit these mid classes i mean they have working line, but 1 or more lines are totally fubar.

just waite and lets see how they do these fixes.
remember mids have allso nice ra:s to offer other realms, like hmm PR, ichor and and and static tempest?

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Bring it on !!

Hope GOA translates quicklyyyyyy :clap:

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
If they give AP to infils it takes away the only advantage shades have against them. Infil + AP3/Purge = unbeatable, I would say by any class in the game.

Have to wait and see how it pans out, just hope they think this through properly..

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
all nice and good .. giving archetypes access to the same RA's

can somebody explain to me what archetype my shammy is? primary buffer, secondary healer ... just like...ermm friars? wardens? bards? clerics? druids?

what will happen to my lovely ichor!? :mad:

Darkseed

Fledgling Freddie
Big Ugly said:
all nice and good .. giving archetypes access to the same RA's

can somebody explain to me what archetype my shammy is? primary buffer, secondary healer ... just like...ermm friars? wardens? bards? clerics? druids?

what will happen to my lovely ichor!? :mad:

I hit fade and his friends for 7-9 dmg with ichor, really awesome RA.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
It will either be brilliant or a complete disaster, either way it needed changing from the current setup. This is one time I am glad to be behind the U.S. when it comes to patching, we will get to judge the new abilities and decide if RvR is going to be worth the effort in the future.
Remember that the vn boards WILL whine so I wouldn't really count on hearing their opinion.

Btw. We all know that for example Night Shades only has a chance vs infils becuase of their RA's. Now I hope Mythic keeps this in mind, or else we have major balance issues inc. :D
No matter, this is a win - win situation for daoc. No matter how it turns out, its good. (changes are always good, and big changes are better, always).

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget that as part of frontiers they are planning to do a style review as well.

rynnor

Rockhound
From the Midgard perspective I dont think the RA changes will affect the construction of an optimised group much - its already got the healer as the key member and these changes are likely to reinforce their position.

It would be great if they used this opportunity to help the more undesirable classes (for rvr) - for example if Thanes and other hybrids had access to determination it would make a huge difference and a lot of the caster realm abilities (for all realms) are too darn expensive for their payoff - by helping these other areas it would break down the 1 optimised group problem that excludes so many other classes currently (not that theres anything wrong with optimising its just Mythics fault for not properly balancing classes).

Cozak

Part of the furniture
SilverHood said:
solo PvE does not count as being awesome Cozak :D
Never specified that i meant PvE, my thane does well in 1Vs1 fights usually in DF. Dont have a bb though, would do better with boofs :p

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I find it so funny how people are taking this stuff. You all honestly think that raw AP will be given to infis and that purge will be a 10min timer. Good going guys, wouldn't want to think this stuff through. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom