Real life roleplay

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
so, a friend of mine is into this and i'm willing to give it a go, does anyone knwo of any real life roleplay events/groups that may take place (in the UK) i'd ask my friend by hes from the states although I do hear they happen in the UK.

By real life roleplay events I mean full scale battles/foam swords/weapons the works :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Rule7 Forums is pretty much the "main" UK larp forum.

Depanding what your after you can either try Linear events (one day events, usually split into playing the good guys for half the day then the bad guys for the other half) or fest events, which can either be player led (i.e no plot other than background stuff, player decide what happens/where the story goes) or non-player led which will have a story that the players have to work out.

Events to look out for: Maelstrom.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Just for the shear fun and lol factor here i am!

me.jpg

3285002522_bf33d95369.jpg

Mey

Part of the furniture
Where abouts you based?

If you want to just give it ago you could try Fools and Heroes, which have branches all across the country. There is usually an event running every sunday somewhere.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
LARP_Women_Anita_Lisa_AmazonTriumph_Snow.jpg

I really have to participate to onze of these things.
I'd be very willing to give these amazons their victory...

Zede

Part of the furniture
Dont go a warrior type & be forced to wear lots of armor, unless your super fit, one will regret it !

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Where abouts you based?

If you want to just give it ago you could try Fools and Heroes, which have branches all across the country. There is usually an event running every sunday somewhere.

Northeast, about 23 miles away from newcastle.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I do wonder, that face looks barely 15 :eek7:

Then again CorNokZ probably likes 'em young :flame:

Marc

FH is my second home
please please please someone post that epic video of that fat dude throwing apples whilst yelling "fireball! fireball"

Marc

FH is my second home
No dude thats it! Sorry, yeah Lighting bolt not fireball!

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Love the fag in hand Mey, but where is the beer can??

As a LARP'er myself, I'd say there's plenty of smaller linear stuff and weekend of small party weekend-long events which are better than just the day ones, let's you get involved more etc.

I've never been to this one but some say it's good, over the summer bank holiday:

Event Guide: Curious Pastimes Ltd

I attended this one for 12 years, and it's deffo mass battle at the end, as in 1000+ a side which is quite a sight to behold, especially when you're in the charge!:

Lorien Trust Live Role-Playing

It has a great themed ritual circle for magical events, decent monsters and of course, a themed bar. It is perfect for the beginner to see the scene and it has a weekend the market to buy weapons, costume props etc. I only stopped going because myself and 30-50 of us set up our own thing over the same weekend as a one-off and now we're in our 4th year of it.

The Gathering piccies and videos can be seen all across the web without looking too hard if you want to get a feel for it.

Hope this helps. :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
shit are the Lorien Trust still going? I went to events of theres years ago

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
That video with the fat dude shouting lighting bolt is the greatest ever, you can hear someone else shouting sleep as well randomly.

There is no tank wall or anything :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Curious past times is wank, and Lorien trust is going the same way, stir clear imo, espically if you are a newbie and don't know anyone there.

Marc

FH is my second home
That video with the fat dude shouting lighting bolt is the greatest ever, you can hear someone else shouting sleep as well randomly.

There is no tank wall or anything :p

His second lightning bolt misses the epic mob and hits the green dude in the head ahhahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom