REAL LIFE MEET UP @ download music festival

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
hi peeps
off to download festival and thought i might be nice to have a meet up as i know a few peeps from in game are off too

details
wednesday 21:00 7th june 2006
The Cross KeysBondgate, Castle Donington, Derby, Derbyshire DE74 2NR
Tel: 01332 812214 (2.0 miles from venue)

see you there

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Gutted that I had to miss this one ...looked like a great line-up. Am gonna go see 'down' though so all is good :D

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Meh i'm missing Download this year too shame I love the lineup, oh well Leeds it is for me. :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly I'm off to Isle of Wight festival the same weekend (stupid organisers) for a mates celebrations. Will be at V and Reading this year as well though.

Gibberish

Fledgling Freddie
Not going to Download this year or ever again tbh.

Gutted really because the line-up, especially on the Sunday, is awesome and I think that Metallica, after the problems experienced a couple of years ago are gonna put on one hell of a show :worthy:

Just find that is has gone waaaaaaaaaaay too comercial and that more and more people turn up there who have no interest at all in the bands, music or culture of metal but just turn up because it has suddenly become very "trendy" to go to festivals. :wanker:

This just ruins the whole day for me as I feel the atmosphere (especially compared to years ago when it was the Monsters of Rock festival) is shite now (IMO).

Think I will actually go to the revived Monsters of Rock festival in Milton Keynes this year instead. Very "old school" 80's rock line-up there with Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Journey, Thunder and Ted Nugent being the line-up.

I think it will attract a more "metal" crowd and there will be a much cooler atmosphere there.

Anyway, sorry I digress. I meant to say I would have loved to meet up with some DAOC'ers it the festival. Have met and made very good friends with quite a few people through this game over the years and the thought of a bunch of us partying at a rock concert is almost to good to be true :drink:

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
i'll be at download, although i don't really play daoc much anymore... but i ain't trekking away from the campsite to meet ppl...

for me its tent up, chair out, then chiiiilllllllllll (if you know what i mean :D)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
Sadly I'm off to Isle of Wight festival the same weekend (stupid organisers) for a mates celebrations. Will be at V and Reading this year as well though.

Ah well, wont be seeing you but least ill be getting drunk and stoned on the same weekend, will have one for ya. :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fucking cnuts.

Got exams in June, DL is right in the middle of them :(

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Me and Lee(Case) should be there!

Remember last year when the WoW craze had just started, and people kept on texting Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooy!!!!! onto the big screens - ahh happy days :D

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Myself and Fevnacca(messed) will be going to the fetival :D hes coming all the way from sweden to annoy the shit out of me :p wednesday we wont be out there though, as i live in nottingham so wont be camping(i save that for reading;))

would be great to meet up on site though

Everz

FH is my second home
Aeris said:
Myself and Fevnacca(messed) will be going to the fetival :D hes coming all the way from sweden to annoy the shit out of me :p wednesday we wont be out there though, as i live in nottingham so wont be camping(i save that for reading;))

would be great to meet up on site though

nub, you sook :[

.. exams ftw ;p

Talsar

Albion Legend
I should be at Download this year (Subject to my mate buying the tickets - lol i managed to get 2 T'in the Park ones, so he better get the download ones)

So if there i might pop my head around the door to say hello :)

salute.gif

ROCK ON!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*sniff* when i was a kid i always wanted to go to the arse the in grass rally, never been to a festival.

have fun all who go!

maybe next time ill go play me banjo at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom