Real abilities for Heros? with some general discussion thrown in

• Thread starter Bedroc the Hero
  • Start date
B

Bedroc the Hero

How do you feel is the best way to spend the realm rank points on Realm abilities when we get that option?

Say that you dont have 200.000 rps but are stuck with a realm rank of low 3. Then you have 20 points to use. How would you use them to make the best hero ever for RvR?

My current thoughts is the following:

The "column" headers are as follow: Name
Type, Re-use time, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, Pre-req skill, Pre-req lvl, Desc

• Augmented Strength Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases your character’s Strength by 6 per level. Not worth it. Heros are strong as it is. Waste of points for firbys at least. And the bonus is low compared to i.e epic armor!
  • Augmented Dexterity Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases your character’s Dexterity by 6 per level.This one Ill take as I can see the benefit with this. Evades better, better chance to hit. and gives ability to use 3/4 master of abilities below.
  • Augmented Constitution Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases your character’s Constitution by 6 per level.Not worth it. Very small increase. Gives low hp. You get a high con with buffs and armor anyway.
  • Augmented Quickness Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases your character’s Quickness by 6 per level. This one is for me. As a slow firby with a CS in RvR I need all the quickness I can get.
  • Long Wind Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Your character can sprint for a longer period of time than normal.Dont seem to be worth it. In RvR you often have a bard for this. Not best use of a point IMHO
  • Tireless Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Your character regenerates endurance in combat.This is more interesting. Especially for those long item/exp hunts you get into. To have the endurance regenerate while fighting will speed up things and let you use the bard to play with his flute ( doing unmentionable things im sure.
  • Regeneration Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Your hit points regenerate faster than normal. Not as interesting for a hero. We need our healers. A lil incombat regeneration dont seem to be worth it. For a NS perhaps. not for a PROPER tank :-D
  • Toughness Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases maximum hit points by 3% per level of this ability. Not worth it. to low gain.
  • Mastery of Water Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases swim speed by 3% per level of this ability. What for? and 3%? you got to be kidding me. Noone will spend points on this!
  • Avoidance of Magic Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases resistance to all damage types of magic by 3% per level of this ability.ahhh much more interesting. Ill put to lvls into this skill. gives me a 6% bonus. Should help. Even considering buying 4 levels netting me with 12% bonus. for each and every resistanse.. Nukes, mess, everything but blades and blunts :)
  • Lifter Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A 20% additional maximum carrying capacity per level.No. shoudl be for carrying rams around.. quite a high bonus though. perhaps will put 2 points into it someday.... far far away. shoudl yield me with another 100 carrying power. more when my str goes up!
  • Veil Recovery Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Reduces duration of resurrection sickness by 10% per level.No!
  • Mastery of Blocking Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 Augmented Dexterity 2 Increases chance to block by 3% per level.Interesting. If you spread your skill points so you dont get 50 in blocking this should help. I only put one point here as I think 3 is to expensive.
  • Mastery of Parrying Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 Augmented Dexterity 2 Increases chance to parry by 3% per level. Also interesting esp after they make parry work in RvR again. Will help for the same reasons as above.
  • Mastery of Pain Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 Augmented Dexterity 2 Increases chance to critical with melee attacks by 5% per level. Also interesting. Every 20th hit youll get a crit. that is quite often. Crit can do massive ammounts of damage. Useful at all times.
  • Mastery of Arms Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 Augmented Strength 3 Additional 3% per level attack speed with melee weapons. Please note that the minimum allowed combat attack timer is 1.5 seconds – this ability will not allow you to go below this hard cap. It will, however, reduce the attack speed of slower weapons, which do more damage per hit. Would like this one but it requires the str augment which I dont want to get.. So itll have to go.
  • Determination Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Decreases duration of mesmerize, stun, and snare effects by 15% per level of this ability. Very interesting as well. If get to realm rank 4 I think this would be well worth to put 3 levels/10 points into. That would net you with half the mess time :). But one lvl do to lil benefit. and several is to expensive. I have another bet.
  • First Aid Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 N/A N/A Self heal that heals approximately 30% hit points per level gained in the ability. It cannot be used in combat. Please note that this ability will heal a different amount of hit points based on what class your character is.Not useful as it cant be used in combat. Only thing it would do is to lower downtime a lil while exping if healer mana is what you lack ( which it seldom is. its nuker mana that gets drained. )
  • Trip Active 15 min. 10 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A Point-blank radius snare that reduces the movement of all enemies in the area by 30% for 12 seconds. Interesting for hunting down invaders. But to expensive. If I get a lot of points...
  • Grapple Active 30 min. 14 0 0 0 0 Trip 1 Point-blank radius root that immobilizes the movement of all enemies in the area for 12 seconds. Also very interesting. but to expensive.

[*}Avoid Pain Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 Augmented Constitution 3 60 second boost to physical damage absorption, 10% per level per level of this ability. hmm not worth it I think. perhaps if you go after epic mobs. but expensive. and 10% is not a lot.
  • Armor of Faith Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 Augmented Constitution 3 60 second 150 boost to armor factor. Could be very interesting. imagine 3 lvls of this. that would be a 450 increase to AF! thats quite a lot. but expensive. and not so useful in RvR i think.
  • Hail of Blows Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 Augmented Dexterity 3 5% per level boosted attack speed for 60 seconds. This ability is currently affected by the haste cap, and thus has less benefit on faster weapons. this is also very very NOT interesting. 5% every 15 mins. and it only last for a minitue.. no. to expensive also.
  • Second Wind Active 15 min. 10 0 0 0 0 Augmented Constitution 3 Completely restores your character’s endurance. Not worth it! 10 points!! instead of a few seconds rest? HA!
  • Battle Yell Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 Augmented Constitution 3 Point-blank radius taunt; does no damage but draws monster aggression for all enemy monsters in affected area. I dont WANT to get hurt :) This could get scary if you have a lot of mobs. if you have a few you should be able to hold aggro anyway.
  • Ignore Pain Active 30 min. 14 0 0 0 First Aid 2 Self heal that heals 100% of the user's health, and can be used in combat. Very interesting but expensive.. Especially in RvR.. Cost to much though
  • Rain of Fire Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 N/A N/A Adds a 10% per level heat damage-add to non-magical attacks. mmm for some epic mobs.. but to few mobs using heat to attack I tihnk. Better of with the 3% on every resist. Its cheaper to.
  • Rain of Ice Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 N/A N/A Adds a 10% per level cold damage-add to non-magical attacks. Not interesting. se above.
  • Rain of Annihilation Active 15 min. 3 6 10 0 0 N/A N/A Adds a 10% per level spirit damage-add to non-magical attacks. were not there to deal pain, we are there to take it. But could help a lil for RvR. with 3 levels you get a 30% increase for something that many lack resists in. This should help a lot. but will cost you 19 points.. Its also time restricted.
  • The Empty Mind Active 30 min. 6 10 14 0 0 N/A N/A 10% per level boost to all magic resistances for 60 seconds. To short interval and to seldom me thinks. besides the firby mind cant get any emptier without sending me into a coma :). The 10% boost could be useful though.. but expensive also.
  • Purge Active 30 min. 10 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A Dispel all negative spell effects from your character, such as rez sickness, DOTs, poisons, mesmerization, stun, etc. THIS one I like!!! perfect hero RvR tool I think! this could save your life once every 30 minutes :) I take it! Gimme more more I tell you!
  • Razorback Style 10 min. 10 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A Combat Style: Opening: None Weapon type: Any Fatigue cost: None Damage: Very high Attack Bonus: Very high Defense bonus: Medium Nah! once every 10 min you can hit a lil harder for 10 pts? Ive used mine better me thinks.

This spends 20 points. What do you think about my choice? please contradict me :)

D

Danya

Bear in mind skills like augmented strength, dex, con, etc. are not within your item cap. i.e. if you have capped str with items, augmented str will still increase your str by the relevant amount of points, this makes them VERY useful, much more so for primary stats like str and con than dex, which you're unlikely to cap anyway (and therefore if bothered about you can just get more dex items).

I'd say get aug str/con, I'd probably recommend at least one of the end regen abilities for a hero, given you don't always have a bard or the chance to rest and end is key for a pure tank. Master of arms looks interesting too. Purge is almost essential of course. I'd also suggest the taunt... "I dont WANT to get hurt :)", play a caster then, tanks are MEANT to get hurt. Which would you rather, mobs hitting you or the casters / healers?
To an extent it depends on your outlook. For PvE purge isn't that useful, but the taunt is uber. For RvR purge is uber and the taunt is junk. :p

S

Solid

Originally posted by Bedroc the Hero
Augmented Dexterity Passive N/A 1 3 6 10 14 N/A N/A Increases your character’s Dexterity by 6 per level.This one Ill take as I can see the benefit with this. Evades better, better chance to hit. and gives ability to use 3/4 master of abilities below.

Q. Since when has Dex ever affected your chance to hit?
A. It never has!!!

All tanks should get Purge as their first RA.
All tanks should invest in First Aid 1 and 2 and then get Ignore Pain.

These 2 RA (Purge and Ignore Pain) are you most vital Realm Abilites get em with all their prerequisites.

As you start getting high RR then I would reccomendinvesting in some level 1 skills for Avoidance of Magic, and also planning for Mastery of Pain

B

Bedroc the Hero

I told I was a n00b. Thanks for pointing it out Solid.

D

Danya

Re: Re: Real abilities for Heros? with some general discussion thrown in

Originally posted by Solid

Q. Since when has Dex ever affected your chance to hit?
A. It never has!!!

Hmm does str (and dex for some) modify your chance to hit or just damage with weaponry? Or is that soley based upon levels, spec in the weapon, and your weapon vs their armour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom