**READ THIS** - New blaster stlye virus crawling the net

N

-Nxs-

Yawn... get AV software - get firewall - get patches, nothing new to worry about

C

Cyfr

My daoc account is closed, you can't, MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA *gasp*

T

Twaize

1 rule... Dont download stuff u dunno what is or enter weird webby's!

D

darzil

Ha ha !

Sorry, just had to laugh. Was installing a fresh OS a couple of days ago, Windows XP Pro. I then tried to patch it to SP1. SP1 install tells you to remove your virus checker.

Trouble is I caught MSBLAST before it could finish downloading at cable speed !

Eventually I got round it by cleaning it, then leaving it running til the download had stopped and the install started.

Darzil

C

Cyfr

Get a new ISP then :p Nearly every ISP has blocked one of the two ports which are needed for the MSBLAST virus to work..

D

darzil

Ah - so a new Cable company ?

Rather than the current one, that gets the best reviews, supplies our area, and provides pretty timely fixes when needed ?

I'll stick to turning on the anti-virus whilst I download XP SP1 !

Darzil

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Cyfr
Get a new ISP then :p Nearly every ISP has blocked one of the two ports which are needed for the MSBLAST virus to work..
If only that was true. Unfortunately, those ports are used for geniune traffic too, and this new one and some others use the port normally used by IRC, so if what you say is true, no one on this ISP can use IRC at all...... I think not.

No matter how much you try to block them, theres always another port.

T

tripitaka

Surely tho - if ur not running any form of IRC youll not be infected ?

O

old.Jable

omg omg omg omg!!!!

<takes a sec to look at taskbar, sees norton antivirus>

phew phew phew phew!!!

:m00:

O

old.Jable

Originally posted by Cyfr

im not sure that statement is altogether not total bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom