read this, although its not an rvr topic

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
i had the idea to send an e-mail to mythic about the future of this game.
besides most of us have some complains of few things plus servers are lower than 50% full of each server. even classic is lower than full. everyday i mean
so first is the mail which i send and then the reply follows. was surpised i got the reply in less than 2 hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: daoc vs warhammer

Hello dear support
sorry for this e-mail and for your
precious time for reading this.
first of all i want to say congratulations for the
game (dark age of cammelot ) and looking at others
mmorpg games i still think its the best.
Secondly so far i can see warhammer its going to be a
good one too. ( havent seen any ingame trailer). Will
we see when it releases ( cant judge a game before
coming out) And of course i wish i will be good.
Anyway so far dark age of camelot its not going well.
what i mean the normal servers dont reach over 1,1k
ppl every day knowing that full server is 3k ppl. And
that makes me to ask you 1 simple question

after warhammer release will dark age of camelot come
to an end?

thank you for your time

-----------------------------------------

Greetings Peter,

Thank you for your email, and for being a loyal player! At this time,
I know of no plans to cancel or discontinue Dark Age of Camelot when
Warhammer releases.

If you have any further questions or would like to speak to a Technical
or Billing support staff member, please feel free to reply to this
email or call (703) 934-0169. Dark Age of Camelot's phone support hours are
11 AM -
8 PM EST Monday - Friday.

Thank you,
DAoC Support
Customer Support

Septina

Part of the furniture
Afaik this has been brought up before. Know i've read some mail, webpage or whatever where Mythic said they wont cancel DAoC when Warhammer arrives seeing as its 2 completely different departments working on either game. :O

NeLSoN

Fledgling Freddie
imo dont wry with the new patches i'm sure that lots of ppl will come back for test it, but dunno what will happen with WH-o

Lethul

FH is my second home
ive read somewhere that no mmorpg that ever had over 250k subscribers in totall at some point never "died" yet.

altho this was a very long time since i heard and im abit unsure about the amount of subscribers too! so i wouldnt worry that daoc dies

Himse

FH is my second home
Lethul said:
ive read somewhere that no mmorpg that ever had over 250k subscribers in totall at some point never "died" yet.

altho this was a very long time since i heard and im abit unsure about the amount of subscribers too! so i wouldnt worry that daoc dies

wow in total had over 250k afiak.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Himse said:
wow in total had over 250k afiak.
well wow is a different story. when they hit too many subscribers iran will nuke the servers so its all good.

/edit

never worried that daoc would die, even if Warhammer catches a player base, i hope that the die hard 8v8'ers will stay back and make this game even more enjoyable coz no adding ***** etc \o/

Gamah

Banned
Septina said:
Afaik this has been brought up before. Know i've read some mail, webpage or whatever where Mythic said they wont cancel DAoC when Warhammer arrives seeing as its 2 completely different departments working on either game. :O

If I was working for mythic I would definatly be looking to transfer to the war dept for job stability ;)

Yejorah

Banned
Gamah said:
If I was working for mythic I would definatly be looking to transfer to the war dept for job stability ;)

You'd have job stability anyway though gams! no matter how the game is doing theyll always need someone to bring them tea :worthy:

illu

Part of the furniture
Isn't Warhammer or any other MMO just the same "type of game" but in a different package? I have to download the 2 trailers I saw on the net to see what it looks like....

I think people try and stick with originals or the first game they played of the genre for as long as possible and most of the time the newer games are really the same but more "fluff".
Quake to me was way better than Quake2 Quake3 and Quake4.
Total Annihilation is one of the best RTS Tank type games, and the follow up was ok but not great. (TA:Kingdoms).
Red Alert2 is one of the best tank games and most of the follow up were a bit pants. What is C&C Generals like though?

There are some new games on the horizon that have caught my eye, Total Annihilation 3 looks interesting and C&C3 is in production I think. I think I also saw System Shock 3 somewhere (I really must finish System Shock 2 one day).

I think once you start playing a MMO, you just don't have much time for all the other games out there. I'm looking forward to Sensible Soccer 2006 though. Anyway, I'm just rambling now, but I don't know whether everyone will leave DAOC to play Warhammer if it is fundementally the same game but just improved graphics.

Oli - Illu

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im not going to leave when warhammer comes. i dont even like warhammer really.. to cartooni for me :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom