READ: New trick jumping vid from MF/B3nt/CG!

O

old.netrex

First. I didn't find any movie forums here, so I post this here in the Q3A part:

There is a great movie on the way edited by the great tricker Michael Flatley and containing tricks by it's creator, b3nt and Camping Gaz.

Below is a paste from a post @ Overdrive PC forums by Michael Flatley:

Originally posted by Michael Flatley
The still-to-be-named Q3 tricking video by the Lord of the Dance himself is nearly here. I haven't been keeping track but this was a combined effort between myself, b3nt, and camping gaz involving hundreds of hours of work. The tricks are spectacular and are the foundation of the project. We put the tricks first and everything else second. This is not to say the movie editing won't impress. I've put in 50+ hours just turning trick demos to stills. Here is what you can expect for this download:

1) Over 75 trick demos crammed into one vid.

2) Some scenes will involve 2 minutes of solid tricking without the camera ever cutting away.

3) Expect a huge download. The movie will be ~20 minutes in length and will provide very good visual quality. This vid *will* fit on a 650MB cd. I don't yet know how tight of a fit it will be, though. There will most likely be a release that will not look so good but will go easy on your modem.

4) Camping Gaz has provided utilities to do all sorts of things with demos. Never before has anyone had such freedom when creating and filming demos. I've tried to utilize these new camera options while still remaining true to the tricks and showing them in their natural glory.

5) DON'T expect super-editing. There will be no picture-in-picture or flashy effects clouding the demos. The creativity of the tricks and their difficulty will be all that you require. I will choose which type of camera views best suite tricks and if you disagree you will be able to view ALL the demos from this vid plus all that didn't make the cut (we have tons of demos...) when you receive the demos along with your movie download.

6) The tricks we have put together might be hard or even impossible for you to do. Just be assured that we did not cheat and did all of these tricks with standard settings. VQ3 was almost always used for recording. The only exceptions are the tricks we recorded in osp (standard osp settings...).

That should about cover it. The rest still remains to be seen. I'm still not setting a release date but I will say it is going to be *very soon*.

Needles to add, this will be the greates tricking movie ever created to it's date of release. At least tricking wise. MF stated that it won't feature fancy editing as he is kind of new to it (think that's what he said), but I don't think he will make shame on the tricks at all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom