Confused Reactivating a closed account

Uara

Part of the furniture
Okaaaaaay...so i've been thinking about reactivating my old us accounts and having a go for old times sake. I've linked my accounts to my EA account no problem, fortunately had a list of my passwords/my brother has an incredible memory for them.

Easy I thought, just need to reactivate the individual accounts and away I go...here is where I hit my stumbling point. I click on the subscribe button, it then tells me i have 14 days free, I click continue, I choose the 1 month sub and click continue again, I input my card details and click save and then the last step is to confirm my changes. I click confirm and it just comes up with a page saying "there was an error processing your request" nothing more.

My brother has tried it on his pc at uni and the same problem. Is the problem something with my accounts or is it at EA's end?

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Okaaaaaay...so i've been thinking about reactivating my old us accounts and having a go for old times sake. I've linked my accounts to my EA account no problem, fortunately had a list of my passwords/my brother has an incredible memory for them.

Easy I thought, just need to reactivate the individual accounts and away I go...here is where I hit my stumbling point. I click on the subscribe button, it then tells me i have 14 days free, I click continue, I choose the 1 month sub and click continue again, I input my card details and click save and then the last step is to confirm my changes. I click confirm and it just comes up with a page saying "there was an error processing your request" nothing more.

My brother has tried it on his pc at uni and the same problem. Is the problem something with my accounts or is it at EA's end?
Same problem here! wanted to renew a friends account...Error with all 3 credit card's , I thought it my be due to the reason not having enough money on my pre-paid , But i had no problem renewing an old account a few days ago with the 14-free days , So i also tried to renew any account on my master account and got the same Error

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Same problem here! wanted to renew a friends account...Error with all 3 credit card's , I thought it my be due to the reason not having enough money on my pre-paid , But i had no problem renewing an old account a few days ago with the 14-free days , So i also tried to renew any account on my master account and got the same Error
the problem is most likely that your pre-paid doesn't have sufficient money on it to renew your account , even though you won't pay until the trial is over. My Friend Renewed his accounts easily without any problem.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Nah i have used a temporary visa voucher with 1.03 credit left on it to open a 14 day (afaik you need to have 1 euro+ on the card for it to work)

Hope this helps

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Nah i have used a temporary visa voucher with 1.03 credit left on it to open a 14 day (afaik you need to have 1 euro+ on the card for it to work)

Hope this helps
I have access to a friends Master Account , Tried to Renew with my own Credit card to get the free 14days and failed , Also tried with his two other Credit cards aswell . I am pretty sure i atleast got 1euro on my Credit card , so that's not the case .

A few days Ago i activated 14free days on another account i had and succeed , used the same saved Credit card to renew another account today and didn't work . My Conclusion is that they changed it recently to not activate the free days if your credit card doesn't have enough money to renew.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Well i opened my 3 accounts afew nights ago buying 3x 30 day codes, got 1st 2 straight away and got an error and had to wait on email for 3rd for like 90 minutes.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Well i opened my 3 accounts afew nights ago buying 3x 30 day codes, got 1st 2 straight away and got an error and had to wait on email for 3rd for like 90 minutes.
Going to buy Game cards from now on.... they are a lot cheaper than paying directly with a credit card.

Uara

Part of the furniture
hmmmmm well I know all my accounts have money in them. So it might be something at their end. Will probably go down the game card route as at least that way I won't forget to unsub if necessary :p

Noxydawn

One of Freddy's beloved
To Clarify something that can cause an error: If you're trying to open an european account with visa card or another card, you have to change your country to united states before. there's something that prevents european cards when trying to subscribe eu accounts for daoc as all accounts are now on the us servers.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
I was unable to renew my account with both credit card and Game card time , however once i used the bottom link of the management Page ''Activate key'' it worked(Used Game card Key) . However , Please keep in mind that you won't get your 14Free Days this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom