RE subbed

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok i just resubbed my main acc which is LOTM enabled and everything works fine and dandy. However my BB acc, according to goa subs pages says the licence activated is Darkness Rising, but the game just throws me out and says the account dosent have authorization to play on that server. Hmmmz why is this? Do i need another serial key that goa supply now that DR is free?

Previously my bb acc was cata enabled and only ever used the toa clients, but thought now come tuesday lowest client will be DR that my bb acc should be ok as per daoc goa subs pages...... grrrr

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
from what i gathered the problem is quiet simple. when you installed darkness rising it uses the catacombs folder on ur hard disk as its an expansion and not a stand alone install, this in turn writes over that program so its now connecting to the update sever as darkness rising client and not the catacombs client. the same goes for your lotm client. it installs itself over your darkness rising client and is now connecting to the update sever as lotm.

so the problem is ur prob launcing the daoc from the cata folder or whatever short cut is on ur desk top. your client connects and in turn it is connecting as the lastest version of the game...lotm...in turn ur bb wont be allowed connect as its only darkness rising active and it needs lotm to get into the game.

solution : reinstall catacombs to your desktop, and lanuch the program from there. you will be then able to use your buffbot account i hope.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks m8, i did what the goa news said and that was to copy your LOTM folder and change the update.dat to read Darkness, but i think when it does that it still tags it somehow as a lotm version even though it uses the DR client.

Anyhow a cure all is reinstall and it worked :)

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks m8, i did what the goa news said and that was to copy your LOTM folder and change the update.dat to read Darkness, but i think when it does that it still tags it somehow as a lotm version even though it uses the DR client.

Anyhow a cure all is reinstall and it worked :)

Easiest way i found was to install DR, make a copy and rename it LOTM then install the LOTM installer into the new LOTM folder, 2 diferent clients working fine on my machine now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom