Re-sub

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok I am really getting back in to this now. I have rebuilt my pc (under the stairs), gone are the days when I had two rooms for my pc stuff.

I have had a play on the server that should not be named.

I am now tempted to re-activate, I have my account details and I think my characters re on ywain. I am pretty sure I moved them quite a while back.

My question is this is it better for me to start again or play my old characters (mid)?

Do I need a buffbot if i am going to try solo stealth or better to join group with my other classes.

I am after some constructive replies not from people that came back and enjoyed.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
bots are pretty much required, either have one, or have access to one
RPs are not hard to come by so even new toons can be RR5 in a few days
stealthing, solo, is a dying art, most realms operate a BOGOF , find one stealther get 4 more free. hibs have fg stealthers, albs have some disabled hordes, mid has some groups aswell, either in labby or on bridges

mid has underpop bonus currently, hib is the new alb, zergs of RR3s

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't remember what RR my toons are now is there a way to view offline?

I know it will not be what it used to be. I be believe it truly was an amazing game however the people and community made it more also.

Just looking for some fun :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Can't remember what RR my toons are now is there a way to view offline?

I know it will not be what it used to be. I be believe it truly was an amazing game however the people and community made it more also.

Just looking for some fun :)

nope what was left of the herald was turned off after a "security issue" that needed a "quick fix" about 6 months ago

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
See you back on server that can't be named soon. You be sick of being stealth zerged unless you got 7 friends who is willing to group with you and you get bored fast.

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
Ok I am really getting back in to this now. I have rebuilt my pc (under the stairs), gone are the days when I had two rooms for my pc stuff.

I have had a play on the server that should not be named.

I am now tempted to re-activate, I have my account details and I think my characters re on ywain. I am pretty sure I moved them quite a while back.

My question is this is it better for me to start again or play my old characters (mid)?

Do I need a buffbot if i am going to try solo stealth or better to join group with my other classes.

I am after some constructive replies not from people that came back and enjoyed.

I'd recommend to avoid official servers at this point. I re-activated 3 accounts recently to quench my Live-server thirst and I regret it gravely. RP whoring and adding are so extreme I didn't even last a full month, 3 weeks barely to be precise. Keep in mind I had a 3 months warm up on the you-know-who server with 3 level 50's.

Quick story: I was duo with a friend (minstr+merc) and we are spotted by a hib FG near DC bridge. They chased us all the way to druim ligen where we died on keep guards. This was a high RR grp with 2 named players (rr13?). Just think about that for a moment.
This type of playstyle is the perfect mirror for the current state of DAoC on live servers. If you really want to play your solo stealther be prepared for the worse.

In short, you will pay double or triple the sub for a 12 year old game that delivers an aggravating and frustrating experience like never before.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Speaking of high rr groups chasing people forever ;)

Attachments

• sshot022.jpg
    sshot022.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Rose tinted glasses have been given out too much in my opinion. There always was people a lot higher rr who used to farm the lowbies.

It's a war that has been going on for ten years! There will always be casualties! That's how nature kills off the weak and the strong survive!!

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
I currently try to solo with an SB now, for 1 month. And i agree with what previous posters have said, be prepared for the worst.

You won't find many awesome fights like you could back in SI for example, people do so much DPS now that fights are over fast.

You can probalbly do fine w/o buffbot, depending on the template you decide to use and class. (archers for example won't miss out much, esp if you use base-dex charge from an item combined with 25% buff bonus)

90% of population seems to be running in zergs. (Or camping bridge/keep when no zerg leaders are around)
9.9999% run as FG.
0.00001% run solo.

Overall i would say its still fun, it just sucks when you can't find any decent fights for an entire evening.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I currently try to solo with an SB now, for 1 month. And i agree with what previous posters have said, be prepared for the worst.

You won't find many awesome fights like you could back in SI for example, people do so much DPS now that fights are over fast.

You can probalbly do fine w/o buffbot, depending on the template you decide to use and class. (archers for example won't miss out much, esp if you use base-dex charge from an item combined with 25% buff bonus)

90% of population seems to be running in zergs. (Or camping bridge/keep when no zerg leaders are around)
9.9999% run as FG.
0.00001% run solo.

Overall i would say its still fun, it just sucks when you can't find any decent fights for an entire evening.

Yea I seen your SB the other day on Beno bridge :p could have popped you but there was other albs around so I left you alone (was on my paladin) few minutes later you got zerged by archers/infs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom