re formated computer problems!

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
ok, my PC is a little old (1.5 ghz,512 ram, 64mb vid ram etc)

so i formated it (sp?) and reinstalled windows xp, now..before i formated my pc i had for a few days not been able to logg into msn,or hotmail on the game computer (i got 2 computers, 1 that i use for server, and one that i use for gaming), now after i was done reinstaling XP, i still cant connect (my server pc was allso recently formated and reinstalled), never encountered this before...and it looks like its a random number of other sites i cant connect to either...irritating...annyone had the same problem? :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
need a little more info...
you can connect to the internet? i.e. you can connect to some sites but you can´t connect to other sites?

are you dunning SP2? are you running a firewall? are you running a router?

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
need a little more info...
you can connect to the internet? i.e. you can connect to some sites but you can´t connect to other sites?

are you dunning SP2? are you running a firewall? are you running a router?

i can connect to the internet (playing daoc and so on...thank god :)), i can connect to most sites....its seems to be only Hotmail/Msn/msn messenger who cant connect

and it workes if i connect directly to the internett but now thru my network (never been like that before, and i havnt changed anny properties or annything), im using a switch if its of any matter.....just happened over night, realy strange imo :kissit:

there must be something to do with the network...but what :confused:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Well.. not connecting to hotmail or msn is a good thing, so you should be happy :)

But check your internet settings, especially the security level, cookie handling etc. (Do you receive an error message when you want to connect to hotmail, or just a "this site can´t be displayed" timeout?)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Well.. not connecting to hotmail or msn is a good thing, so you should be happy :)

well....i use messenger alot...so it aint a good thing for me :touch:

and it its the "this page cannot be displayed" timeout thingy i get :(
irritating, but i will check the security level when i get home

Chilly

Balls of steel
internet explorer error messages are useless, it may as well tell you everything is fine an dbe done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom