Rcon Commands You Need To Know

C

ch_avenger

PASSWORDED SERVERS

When joining a passworded MOH:AA server it WILL NOT ask you for the password. To get onto your password-protected server you need to follow these steps:

1. Go to advanced settings in options in MOH and make sure the 'console' box is checked (has an x next to it)

2. Join your server and bring down the console by hitting " ~ / ` " (it's at the top left on your keyboard, below the
ESC key or by the ENTER key in the UK)

3. Type: password xxx (where xxx is your player password) Example: password addiction

4. Press ENTER

5. Close the console

6. Join the server by entering the IP in the multiplayer room or by browsing the servers and looking up Chaps Battle.

7. Kill each other(except me)

RCON COMMANDS (remote console)

---Open the console using the " ~ / ` " key. (above the TAB key in the US and by the ENTER key in the UK)

If on a Barry's World Bookable Server you can use rcon commands to change settings while in the game.

---To start using the commands you need to remember the password entered in the booking for RCON passowrd.

set rconpassword xyz (xyz being the passwordin the booking)

Example the rcon password is "help"

set rconpassword help

---I test to see if the password worked by using:

rcon status (this gives you the list of players in the game, their user id assigned to them, and their pings)

---To kick a player from the game use:

rcon kick playername (playername being the player's name exactly as it is spelled)

rcon clientkick userid# (user id# is the number listed in front of the player's name in the rcon status screen)

---To change the map now use:

rcon map xyz (xyz being the filename of the map)

example: rcon map dm/mohdm1 (this will change the map to Southern France now)

Note: It would be handy to have a printout of the filenames for each map.

Note: If you are in an objective game and want to switch to a DM map(ffa, tm, rb) you must first use the rcon g_gametype x command first. Then you must use the rcon restart to reload the map you are currently on to that particlar gametype. Then you can use the rcon map xyz command

---To change the next map in the rotation.

rcon nextmap xyz (xyz being the filename of the map)

example: rcon nextmap obj/obj_team1 (will make the next map The Hunt after the current one is done)

---To restart the map from the begining: ( this does not reset the overall timelimit just restarts that single game)

rcon restart

---To change the timelimit of the map:

rcon timelimit x (x being the number in minutes before the map goes to the next map)

---To change the number of kills/victories needed to advance to advance to the next map:

rcon fraglimit x (x being the amount of kills/victories you want)

example if you were in a free for all or team match: rcon fraglimit 50 (you would need 50 kill for a victory)

example if you were in a round based or objective: rcon fraglimit 10 (you would need 10 victories to win)

---To change the type of game you are in right now:

rcon g_gametype x (x being a number between 1 and 4: 1=free for all, 2=team match, 3=round based, 4=objective)

example: rcon g_gametype 3 (this will change the game to a round based game now)

---To turn Friendly fire on or off:

rcon g_teamdamage 1 (friendly fire is on)

rcon g_teamdamage 0 (friendly fire is off)

---If you want to talk to everyone on the server:

rcon say xyz (xyz being whatever you want to type)

---If you are hosting a game on your own computer you can just use the commands without the " rcon "

OTHER NOTES ON GAMEPLAY:

When booking a server do not start the server opposite from what you set it on.

Example: The server was booked for objective. The maps that are in the rotation must be objectives.
The server is set for free for all, team match, or round based. The maps in the rotation must be only dm maps.

If you want to switch between the four gametypes while you are in the server you must use the following method:

Example: You are currently in an objective game and you want to go to a team match game on a different map. First open your console "~". Then type rcon g_gametype 2 and hit enter (2 being the number for team match check list above). The console will then tell you that the game will change upon restart. Now type in rcon restart and hit enter. The round will restart into dm mode but it still isn't in Team match mode because the whole map has not been reset just the round. Now you need to enter into the console rcon map whatever_dm_filename_of_map_you_want. The new map will load in a few seconds after you hit the enter key. If you wanted to go from a dm map to an objective map just enter the right number into the rcon g_gametype part.

If you just want to switch from a team match to a free for all or round based game (or any combination)follow the same instructions as above but reload the map you are currently in. Or if you do want a different map just load a different dm map following same instructions as above.

_CH_Avenger

G

genconfusion

rcon additions

and if you want a laugh type rcon sv_gravity 0 :)

P

Pac^

I'm not sure if its possible to add realism thru the console, only when starting the server via the command line. I may be wrong tho and I'm sure some1 can correct me if i'm wrong :)

B

Bazerka

Quite, CKR Realism is a mod, so has to be specified on the command line (or via the admin page for that server when talking about BarrysWorld servers).

Jase.

Users who are viewing this thread