Razer Boomslang.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Forgive me if this has already been posted.
I remember long ago the Razer Boomslang being touted as one of the best gaming mice around. Then things seem to go awfully quiet about it.

Now Terratec have brought out a new version.

Any thoughts

Terratec Website

MystifyRazerBoomSlang2100.jpg

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Stay the fuck away from terratec/latest boomslang speed/control mice. they have alot of probs with tracking. and fail ofter read the tigga razer boomslang forums. you would be better off hunting down a second hand orignal boomslang 2k mouse. i got a boomslang speed mouse but had to switch back to orignal boom slang mouse coz the fucking thing diead on me.

on another note Razer are gona release an the boomslang 2 optical mouse in the autum, should be mental if it dont break down.

inf act the new versions feel cheap nasty compared to the ol orignal, i even opened me dead boomslang speed up.
razer%20boomslang.JPG

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I bought one of those mice Laz. It is massive, really wide and the most awkward mouse to use ever. The sensitivity is mega responsive, but too much so.

Save your money, buy a Logitech MX510.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
Save your money, buy a Logitech MX510.
That's the one I bought. Simply the best mouse ever.

I've never used an optical that feels so natural and sensitive. Superb.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I found it a bit too big in the beginning. I was used to the MS mouseball mice, and the Razer Viper. I've adapted to it nicely now tho, and it's great. Good sensitivity, good tracking - you just can't move too fast for it, which is good if you are low sensitivity sniper player (me).

I want a wireless version now :)

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Get one of these instead!

Get one of these instead...

MX™1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

New Logitech ... 20x more accurate supposidly... Like my MX700 but 20x more accurate - bigger is always better :)

Edit:/ just found them available on PCWorld ... £60 quid - just ordered one :)

Ono

Part of the furniture
That MX1000 does look very tempting.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
it is very tempting just a shame i couldnt take to the sahpe of the mx700 made me palm hurt no end after 20 mins gaming:/

Yaka

Part of the furniture
it is very tempting just a shame i couldnt take to the shape of the mx700 made me palm hurt no end after 20 mins gaming:/

hmmmm anyone know the dimension of the mx 1000 ? diff sahpe to the mx700

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think it's similar to the MX510, with a bigger thumb-rest, and more of a ledge for the little finger.

Trem

Hmm ledge you say.

*buys*

Trem

Actually Ukle, when you get it can you let us know how heavy it was. The last Logitech cordless was uber heavy and annoyed me a bit in the 3 seconds I gave it a chance in.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ebuyer is out of stock, 11 days before the actually have some to sell. Pcworld has a delivery charge of £9, which is way to much. If anyone sees one elsehwere please say so.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Add VAT and delivery it comes to virtually £60 anyway from Ebuyer.

You're better off pissing down to PCWorld and buying it off the shlef.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That means getting on a bus, oh well, I may just do that.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Can someone recommend me a good (the best?) wireless keyboard too? I'm not too keen on that bluetooth wireless Logitech one that snaps in two :eek:

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Clown said:
Can someone recommend me a good (the best?) wireless keyboard too? I'm not too keen on that bluetooth wireless Logitech one that snaps in two :eek:

Just go for the normal bluetooth keyboard then. I have the mx900 + keyboard set and it's fantastic.

Ono

Part of the furniture
So what we're really waiting for is a blutooth laser mouse? ;)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I don't want a set, as I'm gonna get the MX1000!

Link to keyboard please ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay I've picked one up from PC World.

Bearing in mind I have used nothing but an Intellimouse Optical Explorer for the last 3 years -and loved it, this mouse really does fit in your hand quite well.

Now to play games with it and report back!

BTW. The receiver wants to be 20 cm away from other electricals -this is impossible for me, in reality is it likey to cause inteference?

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Nope... well if the mx700 one is anything to go by and think the reciever is largely the same on the mx1000.

Mine is in a parcel delivery depot up north. Damn stupid of me to order it really considering I work round the corner from Tottenham court road and have a dixons under my feet :/ Will probably end up spending Saturday morning going to get it from the depot when i could of spent it playing PS with my new mouse :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Mine was £59.99 from pcworld.

It feels really wierd in game, not sure if I like it at all for gaming.

First problem. I used the side keys on my intellimouse for back and forwards in browsers. But I also used the as binds in games. This was fine on m$ software, it recognised the buttons as mouse4 and mouse5. However the logitech wants me to re-pogram the buttons to keystrokes -which i dont want to do at all. Anyway around this? If there isnt, I am returning this asap.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
OKay I sorted that problem, bound the keys in software to generic button. Still does back and forwards in browser :)

Still ugly as hell in games so far, got to figure out what sensitivity to use i think.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm back on my original Intellimouse Eye thingie from when I was good at games. Feels great :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I bet an empty coke bottle that you'd still beat me at UT

*challenge wij*

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom