raven shield bookables!!!!!!!!!

C

chuxsta

hi all.....

i managed to actually set up two games of terrorist hunt.....
i was pleased!!!!!!
until.............
1. i could not enter my own game as it would not launch into rs.
2. i could not open a session with out an access password which is fine if you wanna restrict it, BUT I DIDNT,,,.,.,.,.,.

W

Will

I don't know about your first problem without more details, but all bookable servers have to be passworded.

B

Bazerka

Originally posted by chuxsta
hi all.....
1. i could not enter my own game as it would not launch into rs.
2. i could not open a session with out an access password which is fine if you wanna restrict it, BUT I DIDNT,,,.,.,.,.,.

Hiyas,

To answer your points :

1. If I understand you correctly (launching RvS via the Game.net RvS page), this is currently not possible due to players needing to login via ubi.com first. This means you have to fire up RvS, log in to ubi.com, then do one of two things. Either find the server you booked on the server list and press "Join", or alternatively, press "Join IP" and then type in the address and port of the server you have booked (eg, 213.221.176.47:5777 ). This will then connect you to the server and ask you for the password.

2. The Bookables Server service has a mandatory requirement that all bookings are passworded and remain passworded. The are not Bookable "public" (non-passworded) servers.

Regards,

Jase.

C

chuxsta

wots the piont?

thanx guys for your replies an help on the matter..

it might just be with this opinion..

BUT.......

may i ask what the point of having this option of booking a server through game.net is,,,,,,, if you have to do the same things in the same software i would normally do without game.net?
it seems like a complete waste of time to me..
its just more long winded..

once i have started a server and logged in can other game.net members join from the game.net diary page or do they have to go through the same hassle to join a game?

W

Will

They need to join from the in-game browser as well. This is not the fault of the Game.net system, but the way Raven Shield is coded. You cannot use any game browsers with it at all, though this should be fixed with the 1.2 patch.

And the advantage of booking a server is that you can have everyone playing with silky-smooth pings. I host on 1Mb cable, and everyone else pings about 90 (6-8 players) jumping to 150 at times When we have a bookable, its 30 all the way. So much better.

Users who are viewing this thread