Raumarik Hunt

O

old.Noita

I would just like to say a big thanks to all involved in tonights hunt in Raumarik. Moriath you started it so a big round of applause to you.

Sorry I was late but real life...yes I do have one :p intervened so I missed half of it. Wouldnt it would be wonderful if this could become a regular thing on a Sunday evening?

One thing tho...and just a cautious word...I thought that the very reason this was organised was to get away from the Malmo syndrome...but at one point I was keeping a good friend on hold due to lack of space in one or the other of the two groups we had going...come on...this was close to starting a list and I for one was quite unhappy about that...as it happened we had some drop out so it didnt turn out to be a problem in the end...hence the "cautious" word. If we have 16 and one or two more want in then we should start a 3rd group, simple as that and if that fills up then a 4th and then we really could go kill some horrid beasties :D

Lets leave lists and elitism and all that other baggage where it belongs...South of Skona Ravine at the Lair and just have fun?

Well...as far as I know Im free next Sunday evening... so Ill see you at the wyverns :D

Anyone reading this who was NOT there tonight then if you want to come we started at 5pm BST I believe (I was late... my bad!) So I guess thats about the time next weeks will kick off too.

Noita Helsdottir
Spiritmaster of 42 Winters
Amazon

O

old.Anoushka

Guild Hunt in Raumarik

Congratulation for the realization of a good idea...

... Had I known the whens and whereabouts I would have joined too. Will now simply have to wait for next sunday then to join in for session #2.

:rolleyes:

K

krill-nyd

I only managed to catch the tail-end of it but it seems a good thing and five hours in Raumarik looks like a good hunt. Let's keep it going.

Selfishly I suggest we aim (roughly) at start times of 6pm bst and 9pm bst. No problem if enough people gather earlier (or later!) but at least it gives something to aim at?

I agree with Noita that everyone who comes should get fighting straight away. One advantage of Raumarik over Malmohus is that you can move around (if you can avoid the killer trees ...) and so there can be several groups floating around Raumarik, we don't need to hunt together all the time--even though that's fun as well. And we don't need to have two groups of 8 or full groups of 8 to find something to hunt.

O

old.Gromnir

AGRH!!!!!!!!!!!
:( :( :(
Whine Whine Whine

Just had to get it out of my system, to have missed this. But keep it up and im sure to join in one a tour of raum. Is this going to be an every night event or just something we do in the weekends when there is no chance of getting in to a group in Malmo?

:) :) :) :) :)

F

Fex

IS there a certain set level range you need to be to attend the hunt eg. 40 - 45 or even better and for no apparent reason honest :) /em makes sure halo is in place level 38+ :)

O

Old Nicodemus

It indeed was a good evening. A big thank you to Roo who got things organised on the night.

What I would suggest is that we have pickup times for people wanting to join us. There were times last night that we had to wander back to the entrance to collect people, which slowed things down a bit. What I propose is pickups perhaps at 2 hour intervals? So start the hunt at 5, then if you miss out either come and find us or wait until 7 when we will come back to the entrance, then hunt and return at 9. That way we can get people back to the entrance if they want to leave and pick up the next influx of people.

What I would suggest is that a level limit should be set. That way we will be able to get good groups of roughly the same level people. I feel that if you are below Lvl 35 then your better bet is Spin as the mobs here can be much, much harder to hit than the Spin beasties.

I'm not being elitist it's just that we are going up against some mobs that are going to be highly unpleasant and everyone needs to be able to hit the damn things.

Oh and a quick mention to our friendly Albs and Hibs who scan these boards <cough Gombur cough> ;) Raumarik is a five minute trot to the ygg gates so we can get a large number of peeps to our relic keep in a hurry if you decide to take advantage of our hunt :p

Anyway just my thoughts, all criticism gladly accepted.

Nicodemus
Spiritmaster of over 40 winters

Nicomides
Mercenary of 6 Autumns

O

old.klavrynd

call me elitist then if you want , but next time a more balanced and diverse player base would be nice. The main reason why (at least for me) it didnt work out was that the teams consisted of 0 healers/shammies, one runie without pbt (no offence) , two thanes and a multitude of sm's and hunters.

Anyhow, it was a nice initiative and we could do it over again

ps : Ayam,Krill and me ran into a broadleaf and kicked the living daylight out of it :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Um Noita, we started the hunt at 5, anyone who came was welcome. At one point we had overspill beyond 2 groups and we quite happily let anyone who came chop away at the mobs too, though we couldn't adequately defend them since they were effectively ungrouped (so long as they didn't get agro, no prob really). We did organise the groups along Malmo lines, but there really wasn't the same pressure on the MA since BAFs were generally less and we weren't as rigid about who was in what group. You yourself got put into G1 when really you shouldn't have been ;)

However, we did have to make several trips back to the Raumarik entrance to pick people up (yourself included) and this was starting to wear on people later on since it meant a lot of downtime/retracing our steps rather than the exploring/hunting that was the main purpose.
Getting 16 or more people to constantly head back to the entrance to collect 1 peep isn't really fair on the peeps that made the effort to turn up on time.
Fair enough its not always possible to get into the game exactly at the hunt set-off time and I appreciate its frustrating if you just miss the boat as it were but I wouldn't expect an entire hunt to come all the way across a zone just to get me. I didn't mind last night collecting peeps since very few knew their way around Raumarik and one of the main points was to familiarise peeps with the area a bit so they could do their own hunts there in future.

I like Nico's idea of doing a pickup at set times, that way we can get peeps to and from the main hunt more easily and peeps know that they can turn up later and still have a chance of getting in. This assumes we have the warm bodies in the first place to get a hunt going ;)

---

To answer Klav's points though... they are valid (I absolutely agree to make a hunt work you need the proper mix of char classes) but by the time you showed the hunt had been running for over 4 hours and some peeps were starting to drift off and sadly this was mainly the healers... which led to the group balance suddenly dissolving. We had better balance up til about 8:30ish and roughly the right mix.

----

I think from now on we'll leave the Raumarik Revenant alone until we're all level 1000 or something though. It was funny cuz we blundered into it and got a 90% group wipeout when we pulled a red con wraith and it followed but it wouldn't be funny in future if we didn't learn from that :)

Overall it was a blast, we basically went around and tried stuff out. Most times it worked, occasionally we got fried... i.e. it was risky and fun. I still love fighting the ice striders, since they are just plain nasty with the different things they can do, even though they're not as high level as the other mobs.

Thanks to all that came, it was a complete hoot to be grouped with you all. :clap: :clap:

S

Solid

Oh bugger, I missed it.

When is the next hunt, exact times and days would be great, oh and someone to contact ingame to check all is still going as planned.

I got a lot of stuff I need from Raum and would like to get in there asap :)

O

old.Faye Arwen

yeah count me in, and godamn BW im not Old!

R

Roo Stercogburn

We should probably do one next Sunday at 5pm BST again, all meet at Raumarik stable master. Send PMs to Moriath or Roo if anyone is interested.

Again, for those that haven't been before... get a horse directly there from Gna Faste or slog around following the road from either Vindsul Faste (Yggdra entrance) or huginfell (you can go across plateau and its quicker but if you don't know way, just follow the road and you'll get there).

Though low 30s peeps can't really do too much damage to the mobs we are after, if enough come along (and someone wants to organise it) we can point them in the direction of the bears. A balanced team of low to mid 30s chars should be able to take them and the others amongst us can get them to the area if they've not been before. Warning though, it will take a properly balanced group of 30s to take the bears out but it will make a nice change from living in Spin I'm betting ;)

S

Solid

What were you guys "farming" (such a dirty word aint it :D) last time round?

Were you camping the Revenant spawn or kiling everything and anything, including WoW?

I need some Forlorn chain (off Fenrirs) and a spanky Great Ice Breaker as well as a Cloak off the WoW, oh and a Band of Ice too, drooling at prospect of mass killing, weeeeee!!!

P

- Pathfinder -

When you find a way to camp an Epic mob, let us know ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

We basically had a go at anything we came across as we strolled around.

We warmed up on the wyverns at the entrance, went onto the broadleafs (trees, not smoking evil hibbie weed), did a few ice striders as we passed. Munched down on some wraiths and liches if we were in the area at night time then went and pulled Fenrir.

We didn't do winter wolves since someone had a bit of an attachment to them so we left them alone.

Went on and did horses (called something I can't remember how to spell and a few bounty hunters too.

None of us were able to hit the Revenant at all, and we had tanks up to lvl46. It resisted all spells and debuffs. Basically it had the same name tattooed on its forehead that Samuel L. Jackson puts on his wallet.

We had maybe 2 pull related deaths the whole evening apart from the revenant wipeout. A couple of peeps got a bit lost and Mr. Purple+++ wraith took back some xp off them but on the whole it was good :)

Because of the way we were hunting, we usually got the bonus on most stuff in the area, since we didn't stay in one place too long.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Apologies that I couldn't stay for long at Raumarik last night.

I've got a few fair-minded people interested in going on item hunts in Raumarik.

If you don't grab at every piece of loot that drops, then please contact me if you wish to attend a Raumarik item hunt.

Klavrynd and Krill, that was a good battle against the tree,but next time: Krill, look where you're going!

Ayam Ganbatte - MidPrydNyd

R

Roo Stercogburn

Hi Ayam... was good to have you there, even though for a short time. Sometimes RL bites us in the ass and we have to log with short notice. :)

O

Old Nicodemus

One thing we should do for the next hunt is have a Drop Master.

All Magical drops should be handed to the Drop Master who will fairly distribute the items. For example....

If a lvl 50 item drops and it's useful for skalds then the highest ranked skald will get first refusal. If there are 2 Skald drops then one item will go to the highest ranked skald and the second to the next highest. If neither of the skalds wants the item it will be offered to the next skald or to other people. If there is only one skald then they will have the choice of one of the items, the other will then be given to someone else.

Once you have had an item you are at the back of the list. This will make the drops fair.

I know that the high level chars may seem to be getting the best drops out of this, but I don't believe that a lvl 35 char should wield a lvl 50 item if there are higher lvl chars of the same class who are in the group. I would offer it them first. If they didn't want it I would then offer it to the said lvl 35 char.

The Drop Master will enable us to dish out the items fairly and hopefully avoid any drop squabbles. This then means that we can get on with the hunting. :clap:

For this to work it would have to be agreed by everyone at the begining of the hunt session.

If this were to become a weekly event then I would suggest that the Drop Master would be the same person each week (if they can) and try and keep a list of people who recieved drops. This is so we can try and get something to everyone at some stage. Needless to say it depends on who turns up.

Just an idea, it's open to discussion. Any comments?

Nicodemus
Spiritmaster of over 40 Winters

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by Solid
Were you camping the Revenant spawn or kiling everything and anything, including WoW?

I need some Forlorn chain (off Fenrirs) and a spanky Great Ice Breaker as well as a Cloak off the WoW, oh and a Band of Ice too, drooling at prospect of mass killing, weeeeee!!!

We did a guild hunt to the WoW, 3 full groups with 6/7 healers, highest tank 48 and we only just killed it, lost every healer in the process. At 46 I was hitting it for 3 points of dmg (luckily my skald chant added 30+ ) and the damn thing wasn't itemised!!

I'd say 1/2 full 50 groups would be the best thing to take them down, and not until the itemisation arrives this patch :)

K

krill-nyd

<splutters at Ayam's comments> Look where I'm going!!! I was busy composing my next insult, that was all. And my memory is that the tree attacked you first, did it not? Besides, as Klavrynd notes, we thumped that tree.

As for everything else. Let's get it going. I suggested 6pm and 9pm but 5 pm and every two hours sounds fine.

While I don't want to refuse anyone a place, I think one of the uses of getting into Raumarik is to have some groups going for late-30s to mid-45s (and highers who need their 'drops') to increase the choice between Spindelhalla and Malmous. Rather than low-mid 30s coming on these hunts. Why not start advertising times and places for Spindelhalla of Varulvheim hunts for 30-late30s?

As for drops, old.Nico may be right and I'm happy to try it, but I think if this gets popular we may run into the Malmo public run problem which (if I remember right) is that there were so many drops it could not be handled by one central person. The alternative was that groups handled their own drops in the normal way.

Lastly, can I suggest a tax to help pay for keep doors? It's getting ludicrous how much money we have to spend on doors. A voluntary tax perhaps but all people note their cash when they begin the hunt and then give 10% (or more?) of whatever they make to someone who passes it on for door repair or siege weapons. This won't replace people and guilds giving to pay but it may help. We can't re-distribute experience yet according to alliance priorities, perhaps we should suggest that to the developes :)

Roll on Sunday night! Let me be free of Malmohus!

O

old.moriath

Heehee yup it was definately fun..

Roo yr so good as organisation m8.. Made things run real smooth

:D

Sundays are good cause the albies usually gone to bed by then cause they were up early trying our relics out again.

It was good fun .. which was the reason i was there .. I suggest if ppl are there only for drops .. ie lvl 50's then they might want to form their own groups because this would i feel detract from the purpose of getting a little exp and having fun.

The groups we had going till 9ish we well balanced and managed to keep our selves alive .. except that lvl 100 mob we found .. ooops

Lets just say I don't want this to turn into a malmo thing where everything is ridgidly organised and as long as we have ppl over 35 we should be able to accomadate them in some form or other. 2 hr pickups and drop offs are a good idea i think... and prob something to be implemented.

I know i have seen mobs i never saw before in there and to have a new zone to explore at lvl 43 is really cool i think..

Well we will see what happens next week then .. Sunday at 5bst to kick off.

O

Orin Askhammare

We in Expedient demise got about 5 or 6 40-42 now and since we've been doing Sunday hunts for some time now we'd be very happy to go along.

We're a small guild but a generally fun bunch to xp with :) So if the hunt is on for next sunday. (I don't have problems with more frequent raids) try either Orin/Haf/Merloch/Jerl/MrBurns in game and word should get out to the others!

B

Bagloor

5 BST is 18.00 CET at least if they mean PM and I know they do.

All this stupid time format...

BST = British Summer Time

S

Solid

What does BST stand for? British Standard Time?, who made this up?

We have the world accepted GMT = Greenwich Mean Time, I never come across BST before, just curious

O

old.moriath

BST is the summer time in the UK cause we go forward an hour from GMT.

so 5 BST will be 4 GMT and 6 CET

then in the winter we got back to GMT

Something like that anyway

O

Orin Askhammare

Originally posted by old.moriath
BST is the summer time in the UK cause we go forward an hour from GMT.

so 5 BST will be 4 GMT and 6 CET

then in the winter we got back to GMT

Something like that anyway

How about you Brits get a clue and adopt the metric system, normal time zones, drive on the RIGHT (yes double) side of the road and start paying in euros ffs ;)

/em dons fire proof gear :)

O

old.moriath

Heehee

Everyone takes time from us surely GMT (greenwich Mean Time (England not Greenwich Village :D ))

So I think you should change yr time to ours and the same with yr currency and driving habits

Heehee

Not reallly if everyone was the same life would be so boring

Viva la difference

;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

/em looks for a radio mike and does best Robin Williams impression...

I've no prob sticking to GMT for UK time ok, but some SOBs made a Big D about GMT when BST was current and wanted it corrected ASAP.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread