ratings

G

girlpants

i need a break from daoc just need to know what this game is like.

is it a spin off of daoc
is it orginal

plz let me know

thx

steveuk

M

mid_Efour

its a shootem up but 100 people all the time (mostly)
its assult rifles and missile launchers
its tanks and Bombers
its its its wubly :)

its quite fastly paced, none of the waiting about associated with daoc. a BR4 (realmrank 1 guy) can easily kill a BR20 (RR10 freak)

BAttle rank (br) only allows you to train in more types of weapons and vehicles, dosnt give you more hits or make you better. As you only take 1 loadout of weapons each respawn. He will just have alot more choice what to take.

XP comes from Killing Enemys and Capturing enemy bases.
It rolls in fast at lower levels, but i wouldnt worry about it as i say BR means jack shit if you want to specialize as say a Gunship pilot you can be complete by BR8

Also unlike DAOC your specs arenot so concrete you can drop one learned certificate every 24 hours, instantley getting the points back to save or spend on other things.

It is essentialy a First person shooter but on massive scale.
The system requirments are quite steep, id say you deffinatley need ADSL/cable and 1 gig of ram would help, also a 128mb gfx card.

The game dosnt actualy have much depth, but it doesn't really need it as its just a fragfest with all types of planes vehicles and guns, some big guns.
Fileplanet does the 7 day free trial still just over >1gb dload not too bad if u are on Broad band...

All i can say is Dload it and give it a try, the subscription price is pretty high for online games and the Choices to pay from the UK is limited to only Credit Cards.

After a week you will deffinatley have either got hooked or sick of it

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by girlpants

is it a spin off of daoc

Very much so!!!11one

Think about it for a second... sci-fi MMOFPS... fantasy MMORPG.
Has the government put stupid powder in the water again?

P

[PS]Nova

:ROFLMAO: sickie.

I was going to post that reply but in far nicer terms.

So here goes:

No, it's definitely not a spin-off of DAoC, completely different. The only similar things are that it's online, you have lots of people, and you have skills you can learn.

Everything else, the leveling system, the equipment etc. is completely different.

Oh and vehicles are so much fun! Driving tanks, deploying mobile support stations, flying planes... :)

Also, it's much more a game for the casual gamer. No more the "every time I play I need 6 hours, 1 hour to find a group and then must spend at least 4 hours with them or they bitch". Admittedly, it's easier to find a decent squad when you're in an outfit (think: guild) but even if you're not, you can usually pick up a casual squad, and no-one I've ever squadded with has ever bitched about me having to leave after awhile. So if you only have an hour to play or even half an hour, you can still get into the action and have fun.

And yes, I'm probably biased but hey.

If you decide to play and want to join the Vanu Sovereignty (technology empire, think plasma weaponry and hover tanks) let us know, we have a large outfit there that is mostly ex-daoc'ers :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by [PS]Nova

If you decide to play and want to join the Vanu Sovereignty (technology empire, think plasma weaponry and hover tanks) let us know, we have a large outfit there that is mostly ex-daoc'ers :)

And the better part of them are from Excalib0r!11

So you can go "lolz", "roflzma0", "glats!" and "bi0tch Phoenix Legion tuffies pwned my arse agen!!1" :p

*fluffles Nova*

I suggest you download the 7 days trial so you can see for yourself. Spellcrafting and Alchemy are not included yet, tho.

P

[PS]Nova

:twak: sickie.

I have never in my life (though I have played almost exclusively Excalibur and what's worse, Excal/ALB!) said "lolz", "roflzma0", "glats!" or "bi0tch Phoenix Legion tuffies pwned my arse agen!!1"

So there.

And altho a fair few are Excal from whichever realm, we do have some Pryd players, and some non-daoc so it really doesn't matter.

:touch: sickie - you're mean you are. :(

But yes, download the 7 day trial thing from fileplanet (don't know if it's available anywhere else) and see what you think.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

"bi0tch Phoenix Legion tuffies pwned my arse agen!!1"

I bet you Barneys are saying that particular one alot. :p

"
:touch: sickie - you're mean you are. :(

i aer!!1 :D

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Krypt's left wang? Heh..

No bet. :p

And you're still a meanie, sickie. :( :( :twak: :( :(

And don't worry, I'll put fast food orders into efour too.. even if he is mean and never replies to me :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

More than 1.100 dead Barneys at my feet... at least some should ph34r meh. :(

O

old.tRoG

*huggles sickie*

You are the unfearable!

... Or something. :(

T

Teh Krypt

*cuddles self*

Yes, Planetside is getting on my nerves a bit - the fps issue.

Atm I have:

AMD 2000 xp+
640mb ram
gf4 ti4200 (although this is only 64mb)
512k Connection

I don't concider this a crap pc, although there are far better.

I usualy have great fps (or the fps are very playable so think its great :) )
BUT, at TOTALY RANDOM times my FPS drop REALLY low and my character begins to move slow. Its really unplayable, the thing is this is just random, as ive been in huge battles with np at all. If any techies are here and wish to help feel free :) Im going to chat to the SoE tech support tomorrow to also see what they think is up :(

P

[PS]Nova

Not being techie at all, only thing I can suggest is get more RAM.

I have a gig of ram in mine (which btw has worse specs than yours except for ram pretty much across the board) and altho my fps drop to below 10 in some situations, mostly I find it playable.

Very rare that I log or move continents due to lag.

Oh actually I have a better connection than yours. Which might have something to do with it :(

But still, what do I know :)

T

Teh Krypt

Well my con aint superuber, but I know its easily enouth for 1 person playing a game. :)

P

[PS]Nova

Yeah wasn't saying it wasn't. Only saying since I was comparing mine to yours.

I currently have:

1.2 Duron processor
1 gig ram
GeForce2 Ti (64 mb)
1 Mbit cable connection

So there :)

J

Jonaldo

RAM > All in Planetside

Your system sounds ok Krypt, maybe if you don't mind about not having ub0ry gfx just knock down the detail levels a bit. Doesn't affect the fun factor just because not everything is lovely and nice to look at but sure makes it play a lot better.

R

Rigon-Noir-

I'm suprised your having FPS probs with that spec (certainly to render it unplayable anyway). I had a P4 1.3ghz, 640 meg RAMBUS and a gf4 ti4200 64meg which is almost the same spec just a much slower chip and it ran fine. I had everything in advanced set to off and only changes to gfx set up was flora off (does any9one have it on?) particle and textures on medium and everything else on. The only issies i had was at loadup or respawn i would get some big jerks.

Even now i still don't have eveything on and i'm using 1 gig or ddr400 and a Radeon 9800pro 128meg. I can get a frame rate of about 170ish but in battles i've watched it drop to between 30 - 40, sometimes 15.

Everyone i know who's upped memory to 1gig has said it cured all the problems, Jupitus suggested i did the same and it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom