Rant

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I know there's alot of tech heads in here, maybe some of them can shed some light.

Went down to PC World (I know, my first mistake) anyways I'm looking for a Wi-Fi wireless box of tricks to plug into a spare Ethernet port on my router.
Seems that's a bit tricky, might as well just buy whole new wireless router.

The guy is showing me the stuff and as usual I know more than him.

WTF though!!..why is it so complicated, they are marketing this stuff to the masses and the best name they can come up with is 8.011g or b or some totally obscure techno-babble shite.
Is this a conspiracy to keep everyone out of their little earner or what?

It's like the mobile operators, they go on about GPRS and explain it means General Packet and his Randy Soldiers or summit...who gives a fuck!!!
JUST MAKE IT WORK!!!!!
My PC in work goes down the tech help line starts asking me my server address..so I read it out and its like colon-slash-double slash...30 freakin totally unconnected characters long...who though that shit up!!!

They should close down Microshite and hand the whole thing to Nintendo...imagine it, plug it in and it works straight away, doesn't bleep to tell you its found something and ask you 15 confusing questions about what you want to do with it
Questions like..do you wish attach this hardware in a pre emptive state of non configured readiness ,yes or no?

Rant over..

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Oooh nintendo eh? .................yep i'd buy that for a doller!

soze

I am a FH squatter
People actually read the installation window, just slap enter a few times and jobs a good un.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Simple rule, if theres an OK or YES or even an ACCEPT button - push it, if nothing happens push it again.. and again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom