[RANT] Flash/Java EVERYTHING

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Anyone else getting really annoyed by websites doing huge amounts of stuff in flash and java, shit popping up when your trying to do somthing, browser crashing out, your system slowing to crawl and it trys to load all the crap your not interested in.

Its worst on shopping websites, i REALLY dont want mistakes to occur or my broswer to freeze up when im trying to PAY for somthing!

It seems to afflict all browsers and all pcs regardless of power.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Flash/Java is the future! Heh. It's all to make the end user feel happier with the website, more pretty things make them feel safer. Is stupid.. Did around 2-3 weeks of website design based around the user... Know what I learnt? Shiny is the key, the whole key, and nothing but the browser resource hugging key.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Flash done well is great, however when poorly coded its god awful!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Anyone else getting really annoyed by websites doing huge amounts of stuff in flash and java, shit popping up when your trying to do somthing, browser crashing out, your system slowing to crawl and it trys to load all the crap your not interested in.

Its worst on shopping websites, i REALLY dont want mistakes to occur or my broswer to freeze up when im trying to PAY for somthing!

It seems to afflict all browsers and all pcs regardless of power.

What specific web sites are you referring to? I do a lot of spending online and do not get the problems you seem to suffer from. As for afflicting all pc's and browsers, well no. My 3 pc's all running firefox don't seem to be afflicted.

I think the point you are missing, is that badly coded websites have always been about, and always will be. Personally, I would question if I really trusted carrying out a transaction on a badly coded website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom