Rangers :)

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
From the start of the game i have always wanted a ranger and after so much thinking and wanting the time has come to make it even if its not the best of times. I enjoy the char ever so much even fighting against mobs, but ive got lots of questions that i have beign trying to solve and hopefully will b able to solve here :D

Where to start.. well im a female luwi ;)

My spec, i decided to go the most common spec when i first hit 50 with 45 bow 44 pierce 35 stealth 9 pf 26 CD, after rr5 i might consider a melee spec.

My main problem come from template making the ranger with TOA out now.

Is the 25 overdex cap a total must?

I managed to cap the 10% bow bonuses but melee bonuses where something like 7style/4melee/10speed, with heat,cold melee resists and some body, using SoM,GsV,marisha and braggarts(i dont mind taking time on artis :D)& croc and GS as weapons.But only 200hps and not much dex overcap....
But i was told to focus more on melee sacrificing bow, anyway i trashed that template and now my main problem is about weapons...some say go legendary weapons,others say traitors is really good,while i went for the bonuses.

Ive got many more doubts but would like to get template ones solved first then solve the otehrs seeming i wont b hitting for some still :)

EDIT:Im gonna focus on soloing.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
All depends how much pve you can put with and how much time you have and how perfect you want to be. Do you need to have 1% better damage at the cost of a day of your life...

Do you have the funds to buy insane items to get all the overcaps, while not neglecting basics (like dropping con down, or being too vunerable to some forms of dmg).

For the purists then ofc you need 20-25 overcap in your primary stat (dex for ranger), or you should just start again!

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
Id prefer prefection, i can get pieces slowly but with time would like to have best template posible tbh :D

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
For the purists then ofc you need 20-25 overcap in your primary stat (dex for ranger)

The purists put 26 overcap xD, it makes a difference.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Have 2 templates. One for solo (that will include melee bonuses, capped resists, high HP etc), and one for archery/keep raids (dex cap, archery bonuses etc).

Example: Piercing, CD, stealth (debated), are quite useless when it comes to keep defence.

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
i found after not playing my ranger for about a year then to come back and start pvping with him again that melee was my downfall and have adjusted template to suit. my if you work on the basis that you will have SoM fools bow (its good!), golden scarab vest and heat legendary weapons and even using SI rings and neckies you can can a lot of stuff but the overcap is low (and 2 magic resists will be crap).

basically, play him a lot and see where you die most then it you should be able to guide yourself !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom