rangers - what realm abilities you gonna take in new frontiers?

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
I cant say for sure what nf will be like on this server and i really cant decide what realm abilities to go for!

atm im thinking mastery stealth 5 then split into purge + IP

or do i go for more IP and purge, less mastery stealth

then omg, what about aug con dex and toughness

anyway very undecided but interested to hear other viewpoints

liloe

It's my birthday today!
defo Sureshot 2 or however it's called. 150% range + pierce every bt on a 5min timer =)) hello mages =)) kiss my arrows =)) then ofc some falcon's eye, MoPain, melee resist, etc....but need higher RR for that =)) and purge2 + MoStealth 3 ofc =)

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
IP 2/Purge 2/MoStealth 2 as base .. then as i go up in realm rank get aug str/dex/con.

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
FE 3/4
MOS 3 min
Aug Dex 3

Not sure on rest as i am gona run like hell when infis are close :kissit:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
There is a very good post on the critshot forums about this topic.

Someone has worked out the mathmatical (sp) values of FE and AUg dex to show you increase in % of bonus to hit points or something :).

Apparantly it only worth going for 1 or the other but this depends on your play style.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
MOS5 just to fook all the FOTM infs and SB that been pwning me for last 2 years.

I think we get like free respecs or summin for 2 weeks so you can pretty much sux em and see till u find what u want.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
OK, I wasn't going to get into this discussion but... the way it looks most of you want to hunt down assassins. NF however is going to offer a different style of warfare, one that suits us for a change. Why try to fish out an infi/sb, while you can stand on the top of a keep shotting down people instead?

Hence Trueshot 3 and FE 3 for me. Additional points will go to aug dex. No IP, no Purge. If I want to melee, I'll make an ns :)

Ajeroth

Fledgling Freddie
MoS5 is going to be insane for spotting the horde of alb/mid (and mebbe hib) stealth camping docks, bridges, pathways, near map flames for low numbers of reinforcements etc. There was a post on VN showing the various detection ranges for the ra, and its basically 'see hidden' as it stands now - but you detect the lot. Archers with camo down, assassins and minstrels.

Expensive ra to take it up to 5, for a soloist. However if you are part of a stealth group, may not need the pd, ip, fe, ss etc so much.

As for how NF will be on this server, I hope (for my NS) we wont get too bogged down into keep take/defence as there are way too many defences against stealth climbing walls nowadays. My little ranger would like some keep takes (to get to a decent rr) but thats not what I wanted the little squeaky arrow launching thing to be.

Chensin
Serusen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom