Rangers Spec rr8 ...

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie
Just been messing with specs and wonderd if this spec would work ? ...

piz give info ...

For rr8

Ste 32 + 18 = 50
cd 50 + 18 = 68
blades 32 + 18 = 50
pierce 32 + 18 = 50
pf 15
bow 3

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
it doesn't work because you need atleast 12 bow, it's impossible to go any lower afaik. and about the 50 or 51 thing, does anyone actually know for sure? has there been realiable tests?

JoshYouAre

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik any melee skills you don't use styles for cap at 50.
Skills you use styles for cap higher.
For example a two-handed pala specced in slash will gain max bonus from 50 slash, and it only decreases variance... that is as long as you're using 2handed styles only.
Don't know a hib equivalent but hope that translates.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
it doesn't work because you need atleast 12 bow, it's impossible to go any lower afaik. and about the 50 or 51 thing, does anyone actually know for sure? has there been realiable tests?

if he rolled a /level 20 ranger, didnt put ENY points into bow, then he has 0 bow

and gets all the points :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
trust me its pointless.

also cut to the bone wyrd specs are bad.

got real bad experiences of going 51 comp pierce and 50 CD. Soon as that WS debuf patch hit I was getting block and parried and evaded like a mofo.

ill never go raw wyrd again.

I think all of sudden WS has become important. even though tests say its not.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
trust me its pointless.

also cut to the bone wyrd specs are bad.

got real bad experiences of going 51 comp pierce and 50 CD. Soon as that WS debuf patch hit I was getting block and parried and evaded like a mofo.

ill never go raw wyrd again.

I think all of sudden WS has become important. even though tests say its not.

i have noticed too :)

im not wyrd enymore and i seem to be hitting better :D

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
if he rolled a /level 20 ranger, didnt put ENY points into bow, then he has 0 bow

and gets all the points :)

Then he would need to use single line respecs cause as soon as you use a full one it makes you have 12 bow taking the points :mad: (what i found with my scout anyway)

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
it doesn't work because you need atleast 12 bow, it's impossible to go any lower afaik.

He hasn't autotrained, so it is.

And I'd agree with others about the Wyrd spec whilst debuffed; the advantage of split spec pierce/blades will be more than offset by the decrease in damage over time due to increased evades etc from your opponent. This is only based on empircal data and experience, but if you go this route I'd suggest you have another respec stone just in case you find the same.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
39 blades 50 cd 32 stealth 9 pf rest bow use dmg add from CL line or get galla reactives rest in bow.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Well I autotrained my ranger to 21 spec points then stopped lol :>

Anyways I planned on respeccing in some 200k rps to:

50 cd
42 blade
37 stealth
12 bow
9 pf

@RR9 then

The reason to the "overspec" is that I'm gimping out my +skills in the template, whilst using CL DA buff + AF charges. (Usually running with a friend who's lvl 4+ in the nurt CL line for the resist buffs.)

Just imo the the PF advantages you used to have in the past is now greatly negated by the arrival of CL's. And the fact that the highest PF AF buff has a base value of 64 vs. 75 on charges renders it easier to use a charge if you can cope with the timers and 10g / charge :)

I do admit the WS debuffs makes you horribly vulnerable, although I wouldn't tweak my spec greatly to counter assasins (and some silly friggin scouts / hunters using enervatings :twak:) simply because at rr8, with a decent template you should have more than enough toys to make it an almost certain win if it's a 1vs1.

BTW... if you really intend to use galla procs (mending ones) the drop rate is insanely low with the current patch we have. And honestly having tried it, they proc very very rarely indeed :( Work in a ml10 vest or vest of reveries, combined with other 130 heal proc armours at the expense of some template utility can give you the upper hand.

I don't get the double weapon spec though, surely you could swap weapons to gain the upper hand on resist tables but there are so many complications. You'd HAVE to make an open mainhand template, on top of that you'd be forced to make sure your template holds the +11 blades and piercing, not to mention the 101 str / dex... As much as I'd like to think it's a good idea I'm afraid you would have to spec a lot higher weapon in order to make your template making easier or you'll have some serious holes in it.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
tierk said:
Were the fook is my template??? :D

Your back zomg? :D I'm sitting here trying to make a ranger temp as we speak ^^

PS. I've overtaken yoo on the rps list! =P

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Im 50 Celtic Dual, 30 Stealth, 42 Blades 27 Pathfinding at RR10.

Going with this and it works nicely for me.

Tried 'pure Wyrd' from RR9L5 till RR10, but it borked the moment the other WS-debuff came ingame. Cant proof it, but I got evaded loads and did less damage.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Solari said:
Your back zomg? :D I'm sitting here trying to make a ranger temp as we speak ^^

PS. I've overtaken yoo on the rps list! =P

not yet back mate still in iran enjoying myself dont think i be back yet for a few weeks. \nd tbh if u hadnt past me on rp list by now i would have to shoot u seeing as i been playing ranger so much in last 12 months :D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Porkbelly said:
My temp is very much like your puppet but i have MT and ROD in it ...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=202975

Its not bad, but you took your melee-resists from ED wrong, and you included the melee-resists on your champweapon, which is 'wrong' as that way you dont benefit from the extra-resists, but use them to get 'to 26%' so to speak.

The Scalars is nice, Im considering doing a template with scalars. Im not too fond on Stealthlore on my ranger, as it blows any timer I can use on a fight, and tbh Stealthlore-detection isnt something i need muchos, got MoS4 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom