Ranger Spec

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
My Ranger will soon be L50 and I have 2 specs that I would like your opinion on:-

Bow - 45
Blades - 39
CD - 29
Stealth - 36
PF - 16

or

Bow - 35
Blades - 44
CD - 35
Stealth - 36
PF - 16

This is for a Shar ranger with +10 Str/Con/Dex and fully autotrained. The 2nd spec seems good for a mellee ranger but I am unsure whether 35 bow would to to low to be much use. I would like to have Blades as my weapon because I would like to use the Malice Axe. Any advice or comments please? Also I will be looking for a guild to join :D

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
I will have a buffbot (I have /level command on my alb pryd buffbot account) which I will level while xp ing artifacts and scroll farming.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
my initial experience of Sure shot is that its worth speccing 45 bow to get.

i would drop to 9 PF

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
u should try both spec and see which 1 suits u cause there is a stupid amout of respec stones out in hib theres more full respec stone than mana pots.

but in NF bow is ur friend so i would agree with teh 1st spec :p

personally i won't have 9pf is like almost useless teh speed chant is like walkin speed if u want to chase someone use pf 16.

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
nah wasn't boosted its still crap anyway u do pf for teh speed to chase those lucky ppl witth 1% down really nothing more unless u call "Squalion" than i don't see why u should go any higher than 16pf unless u don't have buffbot but now with aoe buff u can always leech something. :D

Goldragon

Fledgling Freddie
I also need help to spec my ranger.

I'll be soloing mostly, without bb (they are hard to keep alive on camlann)
Therefore, i might need more pf, but im not really sure how much.

Im considering

bow: 45
pf: 25
Stealth: 35
Pirc: 39
cd: 20

or, perhaps

Bow: 50
Pf: 25
Stealth: 34
Pirc: 34
Cd: 19

Or maby im totaly of the mark and need more pf?

Anyways, goal is best possible solo luwi pirc ranger on camlann :D Gimme advice pretty plez ^^

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Helsvell said:
My Ranger will soon be L50 and I have 2 specs that I would like your opinion on:-

Bow - 45
Blades - 39
CD - 29
Stealth - 36
PF - 16

or

Bow - 35
Blades - 44
CD - 35
Stealth - 36
PF - 16

This is for a Shar ranger with +10 Str/Con/Dex and fully autotrained. The 2nd spec seems good for a mellee ranger but I am unsure whether 35 bow would to to low to be much use. I would like to have Blades as my weapon because I would like to use the Malice Axe. Any advice or comments please? Also I will be looking for a guild to join :D

Both specs are solid and the differences amount to fine tuning. I've had 35 bow for a long time and it's good, but won't reach full potential untill RR5 when effective 50 bow (35+15) kicks in. That's ok. If you're leaning to the slightly better melee spec, which I think you are since you're Shar, then go for that.

Also join the club at www.critshot.com - newcomers are always welcome and lots of old ranger dogs (like me) are there shooting our mouths off about just about anything ranger related :cheers:

Helsvell said:
fully autotrained

Don't use a Full Respec stone or you'll lose the 77 autotrain points :) I *think* that gets fixed with the free 1.70 respecs.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
My rangers spec is the following

45 Bow
35 Stealth
44 Pierce
24 CD (i think its 24, maybe 22, havent used him in a while)
0 PF

4L6 so +14 to everything

Its not even worth wasting points in PF imo even for the 1st speed shout, ive had 36 or so PF before, 16PF and dropped to 9PF for the 1st speed shout. Tbh the main need i had for using the Speed shout was escaping or trying to escape stealthers. But as theres so many Scouts, Hunters, Inf's, SB's and Mincers that hang around together, trying to get away isnt really an option.

Especially now with the wave of FOTM Archers being rolled cos of the news they *Own* NF, speed shout aint saving your ass when your being shot by 5+ diff archers at once.

Ive recently dropped playing my Ranger in favour of my Mana Eld, grp rvr is more fun that running to Emain to get zerged, porting to Odins to get zerged as a stealther, but even on him ive noticed when i get shot by a scout or Hunter, its never ever 1 scout / hunter, its minimum 2 and often 3 - 5.

So my point is, dont waste spec points for a speed shout thats going to get continually broken by a barrage of Fotm Archers

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Stalkz said:
So my point is, dont waste spec points for a speed shout thats going to get continually broken by a barrage of Fotm Archers

Oh yes it's totally useless for getting away... but a total godsend for catching a fleeing easy kill :D speed boost -> rear style snare -> rps (hopefully ;))

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
well dunno how rangers work exactly but this was my hunters spec, 45bow 36stealth 39spear 32 beastcraft, now i dunno about if u want high PFing, but would

45bow
36stealth
39weapon
32CD b good as a ranger? decent melee, good bow, and average stealth.

or maybe go a bit lower CD and get first speed? speed is great in DF when u get unwanted attention, or make a mistake (i.e. shooting tank instead of support (FIRBLOG WARDEN LOOKS TO MUCH LIKE HERO!) and gives u a chance 2 come back and go again.

Spudgie

Fledgling Freddie
My solo-levelled autotrained (hell i know) rangers spec is

40bow
36stealth
26cd
44pierce
21pf

Level 21 damage add is about 9-12 per hand per swing, with 3.9+3.0spd weaps, was only 6-7dmg with level 15 one.

Then with the NF respec Im thinking

45bow
34stealth
20cd
44pierce
21pf

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
BB spec imo is:
45 bow
42 pierce
25 CD
36 stealth
10 Pf

I allmoust killed an infill 1on1 melee fight(didnt shoot him) yesterday with it. and my bb is lvl 22 :) So with a 50 bb, im guessing i would have wtfpwned him.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Byssa said:
nah wasn't boosted its still crap anyway u do pf for teh speed to chase those lucky ppl witth 1% down really nothing more unless u call "Squalion" than i don't see why u should go any higher than 16pf unless u don't have buffbot but now with aoe buff u can always leech something. :D

hey dont be hating, 50PF, Blades, CD - Elf ranger was the way to go back in the day, old skool style!

50PF was sweet, sure do miss it, but we just dont have the spec points, givf x3 imo :mad:

Good ranger spec imo

44 Pierce
29 CD
40 Bow
16 PF
34 Stealth

ive tried a lot of specs, this has always been the best.

tierk

Part of the furniture
45 bow
44 pierce
35 stealth
23 cd
9 pf

Thats with a bb spec worked well for me since rr4L5. But ideally u wanna try yer own specs out and see what suits yer style of play.

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
My first ever spec was 44 pierce, 39 celtic dual, 48 pathfinding and erm... 12 recurve bow, 8 stealth :p It was pure melee, pure PvE and before many bots. Was also a long time ago and I loved it :fluffle:

Right now I'm 50 pierce, 29 celtic dual, 35 recurve bow, 36 stealth, 10 pathfinding. That's been a lot of fun. I'll stay this way until I get enough realm rank to lower stealth and pathfinding for more weapon boosts, like 40 recurve bow :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I agree with Squalion =) oldschool was nice =)

I'm also elven ranger and even that only 45.5 my spec cannot be changed much now so it'll be 46 PF, 29 pierce, 33 stealth, 12 CD, 40 bow......but.....time has changed and PF totally sux so today I'd go for this:

stealth: 34
bow: 40
PF: 16
pierce: 44
CD: 29

that's when I cba to get a respec stone :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom