Ranger Spec

Mhenfhis

Fledgling Freddie
Hello guys i am lvling a ranger and cant decide spec yet ( althought dont want a melee ranger).
Want a hybrid spec more oriented to bow , what do you think about this spec?

45 Bow
39 Pierce
36 Stealth
29 CD
11 PF

Thx for help :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
My luri ranger used to have a strange hybrid spec.. although despite its looks it worked so i didn't complain stealth isn't massively high tho... he was auto trained in bow also

Edit: my EX luri ranger

34 Pierce
29 Celt Dual
45 Bow
34 Stealth
27 Path Finding

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
It's a nice spec for mostly using ur bow and to still being able to defend urself, but most assasins will walk right over u... trust me, iv'e used that spec... if ur going solo, atleast use lgn weapons ...

I got tired of it and now rebuilding my template for more melee oriented ranger, once done i respec ...

If casters are your feeding, go for it :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
My current ranja spec is at (still :|) rr6 is:

44cd
41blades
35rb
31stealth

35rb will do and nothing more.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
first specc posted is very nice :)

im going to change my ranger to pierce (im celt tho) when i ever decide to play her again and spec hybrid

im RR5 atm so id go something like this:

35 bow
36 pierce
44 CD
35 stealth
11 pf

but still first specc is nice .... better bow dmg cap :D

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
It's a nice hybrid spec, but NEVER stay at combat with an assasin who is at 50%+ hps, this way your spec will do it great.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Which RR is the spec for?

Basics should be

45 bow
9 pf (Use AF charges and sod the lvl 11 spec AF buff.)

Now You're gonna need 50 combined stealth, so if you're completely new try and use a spec with 37 stealth. (37+11+ say 2 from RR3 and you're at the combined 50.)

Then I'd go 44 pierc, 20 CD.

The diffrence between 20 CD and 29 CD is

20: 25 + (0.68 * 20) = 38,6% chance

29: 25 + (0.68 * 29) = 44,72% chance

Diffrence is 6,12%.

In exchange for the lower offhand swing chance you'd get Dragonspider which chains off your off-evade style Diamondback.

And you get a higher weaponskill, believe me I do very well know about wyrd's theories (Combined 50 weapon + high cd spec) but regardless of this if you can't afford a high enough cd to overtake your weaponskill line rather raise the weaponskill line and make yourself less vulnerable to enervatings.

Personally I recently respecced pierce hybrid with a BMF/Champ offhand + braggarts.
Specced:

50 cd
35 bow
31 stealth
32 pierc
9 pf
@ RR9

It does work, assasins tends to be a lot harder fights than with blades but overall I find it very good, leggies might change the assasin scenario but I'm not sure I'd run with them on a ranger anymore. For assasins it's a whole other thing because leggies prooves much more convinient for reapply poisons in opposition to the more unique weapon combo's (malice, battler, champ, gs, ect. ect.)
I probably missed a point somewhere in the post, you're free to look me up ingame if you want help in any way mate. Good luck with it.

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
You didn't post what RR you where, but looks like RR1-2 or so. In my experience you have to choose at the RR's below RR5. Either you go melee or you go bow. As you said u don't want melee that would mean bow.

This means the following: YOU RUN AWAY FROM ALL STEALTHERS YOU SEE

and there is no shame in running, turning to shoot them a bit, then run again.

I have never tried using 50 bow, only 45, but heard quite a few liking it. However be prepared to leech, which again is no shame, and anyway for most peeps aint any other way at lower RR's.

One thing I think most of the above ignores is the use of PF. It gives you a very good damage add, so depending on whether or not you have loads of money for charges, you should consider this line.

One possible pure bow spec is:
50 bow
36 stealth (can lower at RR5 to 35), but you really need to be undetected as a bow ranger
36 PF for DA and speed shout, but the self buffs are also nice in keep sieges.
18 in CD - One nice tip here. Always run around with you melee gear out. If you see a stealther and odds are you cant run, hit him with side stun (lvl 18) and then run.
23 Pierce - this is crap and you wont be hidding anything.

And RA wise. I would get mos3 at least, but perhaps go mos3, then FE and AugDex. FE/AugDex you should keep at same level or close to each other.
Then once you hit a bit higher RR, you can repsec your RA's and get purge and IP, but they are of no use to you at lower levels, as you will still be killed, so you should optimize your ability to kill, so you at least get some RP's before some nice wizzard sets you on fire.

My own hybrid spec is
Bow 45
Stealth 34 (i am RR6)
Pierce 39
CD 20'sih
PF 27 (I love the DA, the shield and the speed shout).

Ohh and once you get to ML 9 you will learn to love phase shift. It is always nice to be almost totally untouchable for 10 secs while running away.

Go to http://daoc.catacombs.com/ and click on charachter builder 2. There you can play with what spec you want yourself.

bezimeni

Fledgling Freddie
was
50 bow
36 stealth
36 path
24 pirce
and resrt cd was 12 i think

i like it for shooting from tower but no fun, make rr6 real fast with it

now

34 blades
50 cd
34 stealth
think its 27 path and 16 bow

omg uber fun if your purge and ip is up rr10 infil can kiss your ass :)

hibrid spec on my opinion is looser on all sides, not good for sniper kill, and in mele lol even SB will kill u and they are so week.

dont go mele spec before rr5 cose u will suck, too loo in realm points and output dmg.
make full sniper spec till rr5 omho.
only full mele spec ranger can fight solo with infils sb and hunters, u wont meet scouts cose they wusses.

gl

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
bezimeni said:
hibrid spec on my opinion is looser on all sides, not good for sniper kill, and in mele lol even SB will kill u and they are so week.

only if you dont know what are you doing. :p

hybrid temp needs a high end temp.... i mean HIGH end whit uber items.

the temp ill be going for (if ill ever play my ranger again) will have:

101 str/dex
80 con
65 qui (caps 250 as im a celt)
280hits

body/heat/cold/thrust/slash/crush 25+
rest are 17+

+11 cd/pierce/stealth in melee
+11 in bow if bow out

35 af
10 melee speed
10 melee dmg
8 style dmg

and bow out (not that great couse im melee orientated more)
3 bow dmg
6 range
6 speed

artis: gov, shark gloves, golden spear, fools bow, shades of mist, eeri stone.

no WH... sux but i dont care... i got to rr5 whitout it easy and can get along whit it (tho i have it atm)

i will post the template when im fully done whit it.... that means ill be trying to fit WH in it if possible and mybe increase hits and af

i cant make this temp just yet becouse i need the new crafted armor parts to get few caps :p but this temp will PWN like a melee temp and be nice in bow allso. if i wouldnt use that kind of a temp... that statment in the quote will be true.

bit more about my spec:

44 CD and composite pierce is very nice dmg allredy.... it wount have as high dmgcap but i feel that i will do ok... (atm runing 40 cd, 39 blades, 35 stealth, 12 bow and 36 pf) the spec im useing atm does ok dmg... not as good it could but still enough to kill stuff ok :) so when going hybrid i only have to start useing AF charges instead of my own af buff and loose dmg add what is nice.

44 pierce
36 pierce
35 bow
35 stealth
11 pf

heres my side to my ranger and my plans and stuff... hope someone find something useful out of it :p

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
How you spec, especially higher RR is very much up to personal ålaystyle I think.

Some tips though:
When u see an enemy mage or so is to use ur trueshot1 (5RA points) ability for the first shot, then shoot a crit shot for the next shot (he cannot have brittle guard up though as that eats the trueshot). This really hurts most casters.
Also remember you can use crit shots twice (or more) in a row in RvR. If he starts running it wont fire but otherwise it works just fine and if you just keep mashing button it will fire once he stops, if in range.
Try and draw Crit shot with no target, this way you can switch targets, if say one runs out of range, but another comes in.

Ohh and have fun

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Thlauni said:
How you spec, especially higher RR is very much up to personal ålaystyle I think.

Some tips though:
When u see an enemy mage or so is to use ur trueshot1 (5RA points) ability for the first shot, then shoot a crit shot for the next shot (he cannot have brittle guard up though as that eats the trueshot). This really hurts most casters.
Also remember you can use crit shots twice (or more) in a row in RvR. If he starts running it wont fire but otherwise it works just fine and if you just keep mashing button it will fire once he stops, if in range.
Try and draw Crit shot with no target, this way you can switch targets, if say one runs out of range, but another comes in.

Ohh and have fun

nice advice :D never thought about true shot :p

bezimeni

Fledgling Freddie
these is my temp
i newer play ranger but winged helm sucks:) omg

and i will be hibrid spec it is uber i will have msg wowo

and i know all abour rangers my is rr2 :)

go go hibies

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
bezimeni said:
these is my temp
i newer play ranger but winged helm sucks:) omg

and i will be hibrid spec it is uber i will have msg wowo

and i know all abour rangers my is rr2 :)

go go hibies

em... wtf ???
:twak:

Mhenfhis

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks all for replies, want to add two things that i forgot to say in my 1º post,
first one its that i will run solo just a few times since i made this char to group with some friends that have stealths, and second one its that i am rr1 :p

After reading post remade a bit my spec:

45 Bow
44 Piercing
36 Stealth
21 CD
10 PF

Also was thinking about this spec,:

44 Piercing
36 Stealth
35 Bow
29 CD
21 PF

but the thing its if with 35 bow will make alot less dmg than with 45 bow?
If dmg variance isnt much , will take 2nd spec

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
U should add to this that u are totally gimp playing any class :> so 50 stealth for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom