Ranger spec question

D

darbey

With the upcoming buffs to the ranger class , and the fact im toying with the idea of changing my second realm form mid to hib pryd what are most rangers speccing these days? melee orientated or bow?

Are the bg's still devoid of hib life other than ns?

D

darbey

OMG hope this forum isnt a reflection of the server, noone has posted a message after this one for 24 hours on this board. 8(

O

old.The McScrooges

Originally posted by darbey
Are the bg's still devoid of hib life other than ns?

Yes.
My experience is unless its a group outing there is no-one there.

Shades and buffbots...

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by darbey
OMG hope this forum isnt a reflection of the server, noone has posted a message after this one for 24 hours on this board. 8(

nope not a reflection of the server, merely of the fact that hib/pryd doesn't use this forum :)

go to

www.prydwen.net/forum instead :)

F

Falcon

I think the best ranger spec in 1.62 is still the all round spec. Whereas before I favoured 27 recurve I'd now favour 35 recurve for rapid fire one. A spec like:

30 Stealth
35 Recurve Bow
39 Blades/Peirce
36 Pathfinding
Rest Celtic dual (I think 24 points or something?)

Is the most optimal. Take bow any higher and you're wasting spec points without improving your characters efficiency in the slightest. Take stealth any higher and again, it'll have little to no bearing on the effectiveness of your char, taking pathfinding higher would be nice, but rangers just can't afford it due to having 5 necessary spec lines to compete, taking weapon spec to 44 is a nice possibility and one I myself maybe tempted to go for. I'd start as a celt if I were you, it's definetely the best race choice for a ranger.

As Malevolencia said, www.prydwen.net/forum is the place to go if you want to find hibs, plenty of activity there ;)

If you do decide to move to Hib/Pryd don't expect the kind of population as Mid or Alb on Prydwen or other servers, we just can't field that amount of players, both realms seem to have roughly double our population which can be quite frustrating but there's also a nice community to fit right into there, despite our horrible underpopulation we still kicked the hell out of the Hib dragon, twice, which some much more populated servers still haven't even acheived yet so if you feel you can live past the underpopulation problems you should have a damn nice stay ;)

K

k9awya

dont you get some kinda super arrow at 50 bow ;/

G

Glacier

31stealth
44pierce
29celtic dual
40bow
21pathfinding

for the win :D

S

SoulFly Amarok

Female Celt with:

30 stealth
35 bow
39 blades
36 pf
29 celtic dual

= win :O

That's without the autotrained 77 points + the leftovers u will have, so those I would put into stealth, making it 32 or 33 :E

R

Runsy

Im specced like this.

39pirce
45bow
33stealth
27path
23cd
(auto trained bow to lvl 44)
and it wrks gr8 imo.

L

Luuna

Auto trained bow to 50 :

39 Blades
25 CD
36 Path
40 Bow
30 Stealth

Z

zograth

For the spec.

I would say that some of u ppls have it wrong and right at the same time. The spec Im having is 40-bow, 35-stealth, 43-piercing(gimp), 20-CD, 27-path. The fin gimp spec for me is cos i didnt know better at the time being :> But my final spec after patch will b 39-pierc and 32-path, i want the path to b much higher atleast till 36. And the 27 path or less is a uber gimp, the path is very important to spec into.

The 27 in path is ok for an rr5 fella or if u have an buffbot besides u to spare the spec higher than 27 so my recon is as Falcon said:

30 Stealth
35 Recurve Bow
39 Blades/Peirce
36 Pathfinding
Rest Celtic dual

GL for on the way to 50 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread