Ranger RA advice

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
As a meer RR4 ranger im wondering what would be good realm abilities to go for first.. I always run unbuffed and have high PF to comensate for this.

I currently have FE4 Aug Dex 3 and MOS2.. This gives me a dex of 364.

Would i be better going for FE3 and Aug Dex 4 giving me a dex of 398 but a lower crit rate.. Or is max Dex capped at high 300s.

Also would i be advised to get IP2 over FE or even aug dex.

All help appreciated from experienced rangers.

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
i have no idea what to spec as an unbuffed ranger, i wouldnt even think of going out unbuffed these days:p,

good luck :)

Logann

Fledgling Freddie
If your depending on bow damage I would recommend equal levels of FE and aug dex.
Cap your dex and get +25 dex cap in temp and youll get better dex.
I run with 390 dex with aug dex3 as a celt and dont intend on going any higher.
MoS 3 is a bit of a must imo to avoid PA's.
And you cant go wrong with true shot either. It penertrates and detroys bt so it's a good way of dropping casters without brittles.
I would not recommend going IP. It would be a waste on you if your un-buffed.
I would stick with sniper tactics and aim for high MoS, FE and aug dex with TS thrown in

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I got confused by your post...

Aug dex 3 = 364
Aug dex 4 = 398

I'm sorry but Aug dex 4 doesn't add 56 but only 34, and your previous points are in this calculation so you won't have 4 + 12 + 22 + 34, you will only have 22 (aug dex 3) or 34 (aug dex 4).

You won't hit any form of dexcap for bow damage calculations.

IP is a waste if your running unbuffed with a heavy bow orientated spec both specpoints and RA point wise.

MoS 3+ is a requirement. A high MoS might not be your best choice unbuffed since crit shooting people in stealth is not really something you want to do since unbuffed most decent stealthers would still rip you apart.

Purge is your friend no matter level.

I would keep FE just 1 point above aug dex and go no higher than 4 of each.

Never really found trueshot worth a thing, only thing it's good for is those 50% extra range if your target escapes on a few %, but compared to the poitn cost and timers I wouldn't recommend it. The points spend is much more usefull in purge or passives.

If you meet people with brittles you play hide and seek with them, target the brits and kill 1 then hide, rinse and repeat - This way the caster won't be able to target last attacker since you attacked the brittle and not him.

And Durrell is a living proof of an unbotted RR7 ranger that does quite well :)

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
yeah Durrel is in same guild as me ;-), ive found so far ranger is the only class i can do fairly well as an unbuffed class.

Shame ive just started one after a mage, hero and NS all which had to be put on the shelf as cannot solo unbuffed.

Ahh soz i thought that aug dex4 gave me an additional 34 points i didnt realise it ment 34 extra in total. My mistake means ill prob struggle to get 400 dex ;-(.

Is the max +dex cap 25?

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
Ello Tigs mate

+25 is the cap yep.
And if you want 400 dex, wait till Darkness Rising hits, take the self dex buff, will push you to the 400 dex landmark :)

I would go Aug dex 4, FE 4, mos3, then put points in purge. after that up to you :) true shoot can be handy tho.

How are things there?
You given up on WoW yet?

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Hi m8,

Long time no see, yeah gave up on wow when i was on last time i saw you. Doing well with ranger at mo and really enjoying seems a class i can play unbuffed.

Hows life with you?

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
good mate thx

Havin fun on classic server
made a luri ranger here, should be 50 in a week :)

Me, Cait, Kal and thee are havin a laugh, the yanks are confussed by us tho ;)

Tho the ones that do group with us and do a raid, love it, NSC stlye groups in the US :) tis all good fun.

cait /waves

Hope the family is well mate, speak to you soon, will pm you my msn.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
If you have the points true shot is a nice one to have.

Im sure you can see the use of having a shot that goes through and pops BT and does damage.
I find its the best opener on warlocks as they tend to stop and turn to unload chambers.
Trueshot-Crit-rapid fire can often take them down. (or TS-Crit-Phase shift to avoid chambers)

IP2 is very useful if your planning to go into melee but without external enhancements you will not get as much use out of it as if you were fully buffed.

MoS3 is definately very useful so i would aim for that.

A few levels of FE can help but given that it isnt going to take effect when your doing crit shots you have to work out how much you value it.

With most of the passive skills the higher you take it the less value for money you get.
So instead of FE3 you can get FE2 and have 6 points to put elsewhere.

Hope this helps

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Aran Thule said:
If you have the points true shot is a nice one to have.

Im sure you can see the use of having a shot that goes through and pops BT and does damage.

You mean a shot that kills one of the 3 brittles? Sry for the sarcasm but brittles and intercept pets have been pissing me off a lot lately :/

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
You mean a shot that kills one of the 3 brittles? Sry for the sarcasm but brittles and intercept pets have been pissing me off a lot lately :/

Well if i see brittles im not going to waste a trueshot on it.
Cant do much with the interupting SM pet (esp after they use summon mastery on it) but at least there is a light as the end of the tunnel.
Not sure which of the options for the darkness rising bow is better but an AoE proc might help with the brittles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom