[Ranger question]

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I was wondering since i dinged rr5 lately, if anyone have some experince with the RA5 ranger ability? Hence stun for 5sec, but then i cant attack for 15?
So its crap? Or? =)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
It a 5s stun that wont be resisted, however it disarms you for 15 seconds as well. I mostly forget to use it really. However if you can fit it in your playstyle, it can be an nice tool to have. You should also expect to do around 270 dmg with it.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
In wich situations would you use it? As using it a 1on1 would seem rather foolish if you cant hit for the next 15 sec.. So the only use would be to use it and run away? :) Im not even sure it would work to hit run and try to bow?
Think ill try´n fool around with it on my bb maybe..

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
On a 1v1 you can use it to run away (sprint, use speed burst to go away and restealth), and/or you can use it when it's a close fight and you think that extra 270 dmg will give you the win.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:
Think ill try´n fool around with it on my bb maybe..

Only works on enemy players, so you can't test it on your bb

Funkybunny

Banned
Gear said:
It a 5s stun that wont be resisted, however it disarms you for 15 seconds as well. I mostly forget to use it really. However if you can fit it in your playstyle, it can be an nice tool to have. You should also expect to do around 270 dmg with it.
duo, evadestun, fz, desperatebowman if person is still alive...

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Will i have to have bow equipped to use it? Or can i use it while fighting with my blades? Insta?

Funkybunny

Banned
we hunters are so overpowered.. all we have is a snare who doesnt do any damage and really doesnt help alot in 90% of the situations..

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
ah okay, that kinda helps a bit.. would be usefull in 1on1 when they get to like 20% :) If we are even that would give me insta win ;) And it can be used to get away alive to as you said gear.. Well thx alot for ya help guys :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:
ah okay, that kinda helps a bit.. would be usefull in 1on1 when they get to like 20% :) If we are even that would give me insta win ;) And it can be used to get away alive to as you said gear.. Well thx alot for ya help guys :)

One more thing, I started using it after i got FA1 (nice utility ra, 3 min rut). So you hit it, you run a bit, hit, FA, then you're back in the fight even if your IP is down.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Is the stun on the same timer as other style stuns such as DB?

Can't you purge the disarm effect?
Like use RR5 ability to stun, then Purge2 instantly after? At least was able to for the scout version.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
Is the stun on the same timer as other style stuns such as DB?

Can't you purge the disarm effect?
Like use RR5 ability to stun, then Purge2 instantly after? At least was able to for the scout version.

About the timer, I don't know, but I have never encounter resist, nor immunity on the other person. You used to be able to purge the disarm effect, I don't know if you still can tho (i know it's been fixed in the states, not sure about the status here, don't use it much anyway).

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Actually, if the 15sec disarm effect can be purged it would be very effective.. fancy. you find a solo assasin.. you hit him a bit.. he hit you with debuffs etc.. you fire Desperate Bowman + purge2(debuffs etc goes away) + sidechain + side stun(new stun timer)+ side chain again.. I think this would mean you win :D

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:
Actually, if the 15sec disarm effect can be purged it would be very effective.. fancy. you find a solo assasin.. you hit him a bit.. he hit you with debuffs etc.. you fire Desperate Bowman + purge2(debuffs etc goes away) + sidechain + side stun(new stun timer)+ side chain again.. I think this would mean you win :D

That's why they fixed it ;)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:
Fixed how? :)
You can't purge the dissarm (I don't know if it's live in europe tho, if it's not yet, it will be)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen vids of US rangers (even after the purge fix???)
that pop DB near the end of a fight, then pop a DoT charge to finish the enemy off. I think there's a vid on critshot of a former scout turned ranger demonstrating this a few times against SB's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom