Ranger: Help needed With info...

J

Jaem

I've been looking at some specs on catacombs...

I've come up with 3 that looked good for my style of play(melee)...

So, any advise will be very welcome :)

Spec1:
Stealth:30
Bow:40
CD:39
Piercing:39
PF:16 (+2.9dps dmg add)

Question... is the Hurricane+Solar Flare anytime combo dmg worth specing this away?

Spec2:
Stealth:34
CD:19
Piercing:44
PF:27 (+5.4dps dmg add)

Question... What are the anytimes styles within this spec, and how will the dmg output be with the higher dmg add?

Spec3:
Stealth:33
CD:19
Piercing:50 (2nd in evade combo)
PF:16 (+2.9dps dmg add)

Question... With specing 50 piercing, is there much of a dmg/weapon skill gain, how is the 50style off evade style, nice?

Yes, low PF cause of a druid, and I know alil about how CD works, etc. I'm very interested to hear about the higher CD spec tho, but mainly I'd like to be alil different as well :p

S

Sharp Thing

my ranger is specced 35bow, 39cd, 44Pierce, 33stealth, 6pf. the hurricaine+solar flare combo is a very nice chain, hurri does squall dmg and sf can be compared diamondback/dragonspider dmg, only downsides are that it seems to miss a bit more and the huge end cost on hurricaine. overall i like my spec, im just sick of my ranger :p

P

-palan-

if ur going to take pierce then i'd kinda say u should increase ur CD too abit, when u spec melee then do it right imo :D

average CD spec atm is between 25-30ish afaik. and with 50pierce i'd say atleast go near or over 30CD.

but that spec3. kinda looks nice already, could be worth a try. would go for that if i were u

J

Jaem

expected more of a response from the stat junks with dmg statics etc :p come on you lot :p

would like to know the dmg compared to end costs on styles normaly used if anyones able to :)

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Jaem
expected more of a response from the stat junks with dmg statics etc :p come on you lot :p

would like to know the dmg compared to end costs on styles normaly used if anyones able to :)
i can get off the hurri/sf chain about 5 times, with red haste, 333dex and 282 quick i do around 110-120dmg with hurri on infils and 150-180dmg with solar flare, squall does about 110-120 dmg and can get about 10 of these off, diamondback does 150ish dmg, can get 20 or so off, and dragonspider does about same dmg but costs a bit more end

P

-palan-

go bumble bee all the way, can get off about 300 befor u run ooe and u do more dmg with it than hurri or BW or what ever, atleast thats what i saw.

S

Spamb0t

anyways.. im 33stealth 40bow 44pierce 30cd 16path...
maybe should have lowered path to just first speedshout...
thats at rr7 though so got 50stealth.. the way i want it!

only good styles imo is bumblee/db/ds ... and snow shower on someone trying to run as its from behind snare style

uve got a hunter anyways!! why make a ranjer!?! ollloolol!!

P

-palan-

< 40bow 44pierce 27CD 33stealth 21path here >

as i don't have a bot and only got my master buffleaching RA :p
i can still just manege to kill a unbuffed afk sitting unstealthed none adding scout in epic faraway from milegates with my 21path buffs :eek6:

E

Elomiem

my spec:
bow 50
stealth 35
cd 11
pierce 39
pf 21
speedshout,dmg add,good stealth(50 at rr5),rf2,pa3,...i like it that way..just need to get ure ra skills right and it's really nice

J

Jaem

Originally posted by Spamb0t
uve got a hunter anyways!! why make a ranjer!?! ollloolol!!

Cause, I want a taste of another archer, so I'm lvling a ranger, see how it is compared to my hunter, then maybe a ns later too :>

E

evial

im trying something diffrent whit my ranger.

stealth 35
pierce 45
bow 40
path 31

i got now buffboot so i need path hige, and i got no cd cous im using a shield :). Not sure if its gone work at rvr, but it works ok on pve.

A

arriana

40 bow, 39 pierc, 36 stealth, 36 pf, 9 cd...

Killing unbuffed green/blues are pretty easy...unless they fight back..

O

old.Stang

Think i gonne try 35 stealth, 34 pierce, 50 bow, 16 cd, 25 pf with bot, but maybe lowering pf to raise pierce so i have a bit more chance against sb's/infs. I know alot of SB's are 44 to 50 la/axe, and fast weapons will be the key.

A

Ahqmae

40 bow
44 pierce
33 cd
9 pathfinding
33 stealth

Nice melee, nice ranged dmg...

M

Marwolaeth

Ok once more for all those that don't seem to understand:

35 bow
20 stealth
44 Pierce
46 Path
11 CD

9.4 dps dmg add + high pierce + CD (dmg add on each weapon + high dex/qui + level 50 will give a high chance of dual hitting anyway) ...perfect for helping take down some of those more uber mobs in Galla/marfach/DF me thinks, especially since warden + enchanter dmg adds stack (or did do..don't think it's changed. unsure though as hard to find an enchantment specced enchanter anymore :D)

...right got it? Good. Glad thats cleared up :p

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by Marwolaeth

35 bow
20 stealth
44 Pierce
46 Path
11 CD

understand what, that this isn't a ranger spec? 20 stealth 35 bow? what are you a gimped bm?
if you wanna roll ranger you spec bow and get 50 stealth.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Marwolaeth

35 bow
20 stealth
44 Pierce
46 Path
11 CD

:ROFLMAO:

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by Aussie-
understand what, that this isn't a ranger spec? 20 stealth 35 bow? what are you a gimped bm?
if you wanna roll ranger you spec bow and get 50 stealth.

HA!!! HA!!! YOU'LL SEE! YOU ALL WILL!!! .....just as soon as I can be bothered to lvl the damned gimp anyway :p

R

RobbanPobban

I would say

44 Pierce
40 Recurved Bow
34 Stealth
29 Celtic Dual
16 Path Finding

(25 second 150 speed for catching up with people running away from you arrows, for fleeing imo it sucks 8 out of 10 times)

Path 9 gives a 20 second speed 135 witch is a lill harder to catch up with people out of you arrow range.

Carfeull out ther :)

Over and out.

truly yours robbanpobban

ps. Buffbot spec imo, if you dont have one I would lean more to Marwolaeth spec ;P

L

lumox

Seeing as there's a ranger thread already here:

Is it worth considering blades over pierce as a celt?

J

Jaem

I dunno, but I wouldn't spec blades personaly...

On my huntress, I found I face assasins most of the time compared to other classes.

And -118str/con debuff, hurts my sb's dmg incredaibly, which is slash (100%str)

C

censi

each to there own aussie...

With a ranger bear in mind the following

1 Do you intend to only solo with it?
2 Do you intend to mainly solo with it?
3 Do you intend to evenly balance soloing with grping?
4 Do you intend to mainly grp with it?
5 Do you intend to only grp with it?

if 4 or 5. Then forget stealth. Go 50 bow for sure. high melee and CD. forget path.

if 1 and you have BB. I recomend 35 bow, 50 poke 27 cd 16 path 33 stealth....

The huge majority of rangers seem to be speccing 40 bow for PA1 (which is pretty duff)

35 bow give you RF1 and after a few RR you have around 50 bow which is fine (the difference in 35 bow from someone with 40 is negatable) However having the 3 part DB combo, I find invaluable. If I evade I can do some serious damage. I even find a can out melee a lot of hib tanks in duels. (lots pwn me bad but I scaped some good ones to)

The only exceptions to the 5 points are if you intend to tag team with a specific class, then you may wanna also consider high bow spec.

Thing I find with bow is, that if you get a chance to use it you generally kill your target or pwn it enough so that when it gets to you its gonna die (IP not taken into consideration ofc)...

This doesnt change to much whether you have 35 bow or 50 tbh...

Survivabiliy from assasins is the key to soloing as a ranger... for that this spec can work well... (AP purge and IP all required to though)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by censi

4 Do you intend to mainly grp with it?
5 Do you intend to only grp with it?

if 4 or 5. Then forget stealth. Go 50 bow for sure. high melee and CD. forget path.

My Ranger is high melee and max bow, problem i find in modern rvr situations is that groups tend to roll a lot and dont often stand and fight for very long, meaning its hard to get a decent chance to stop and use your bow (sometimes i will wait an hour to get a shooting oppo, then when i stop to shoot the group has rolled on after the enemy and im left oos, then you either have to speed burst to catch up or ask them to stop, and that goes down like a lead baloon and is counterproductive to the group). With zero parry and crap evade you get eaten alive by any tank in melee, even pally's can take a chunk outa you.

The bow is still a great weapon for interrupting healers and wasting casters also if the group is using MA you can do semi-decent melee damage.

Problem is that Rangers have no parry, crap evade, rarely use a shield and cannot spec it even if they do use one (no slam), no intercept, no guard, only wear RF, have lower HP than most tanks and none of the melee advantages that BM's (flurry etc) Hero's (Moose) or Champs (Debuffs and other insta's) get. Also their tank RA's are expensive (IP being the most noticable).

I avoid groups now as i dont feel that i can bring to the group any advantage and my spot would be better used by any other class, a ranger in a RvR group is a burden imo (just ask a healer) especially considering that balanced groups are becoming more and more important for success in RvR.

Ranger is a solo class imo, and as such needs high stealth, high bow and decent melee. I know its a nerfed class, and will never be as prolific as the old solo-snipers, but to spec for a groupable Ranger is folly.

S

Spamb0t

Originally posted by Faeldawn
I know its a nerfed class, and will never be as prolific as the old solo-snipers

tbh the ranger is still as 'good' as it was when u could run around solo-sniping... its just the targets who has changed... and the ranger has become the hunted!

J

Jaem

Thank you for all your posts with advise, I've decided to go with...

stealth: 34+11 (45)
cd: 21+11 (32)
piercing: 44+11 (55)
bow: 39+11 (50)
path: 27

Hmmm, choosen this mainly for the

longer speed shout with more UMPF, which is what I'm used to with the huntress.

+5dps dmg add sounds brill!

45% chance to hit with the off hand if I worked it out right.

39, instead of 40 bow, as I've never seen the PArrow work on my huntress before... and 39+11 gets me 50 easy.

P.S. Does anyone have zip file or something with hib items within it for for the SC calculator program? - I'm lazy and there was one for mid before :p

Users who are viewing this thread